Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any configuration regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't regret the black interior. We test drove an M3 with white and my wife and I both had the same thought: we thought stains would be our biggest concern with the white but actually we just both found it too bright. It was a sunny day and the dash made us squint looking at it. Dark is easier on the eyes.

I don't regret the black interior. We test drove an M3 with white and my wife and I both had the same thought: we thought stains would be our biggest concern with the white but actually we just both found it too bright. It was a sunny day and the dash made us squint looking at it. Dark is easier on the eyes.
Yeah that’s the main thing I disliked with white

Reactions: Oil Freedom
We have a 22’ black on black M3 LR…gorgeous. Upgrade the interior trim to Carbin fibre (real) and it’s fantastic!
Same issues having teen kids playing rep soccer 5x a week. Ie. Turf, cleats, back sweat lol. White would be an absolute NO.

Oh also got a yoke and front screen :) I’d rather put to those than a seat colour. (And cheaper)

I can see the allure of white as well…can’t go wrong with either.

A2351BA6-6B61-40A8-8C69-C271378976AC.jpeg
D6B81F55-DB56-4A46-B6D1-7A5714C3171E.jpeg
8836921A-F416-4C91-883E-28B43E3D1F3D.jpeg
AACD92C1-BF69-4991-A3D2-D1DE6DF93E27.jpeg

No regrets with our M3LR, aero wheels, mulitcoat red w/black interior.

However, we recently transported 3 grandkids and their stuff on a short trip. In that case, we could easily see how a MY would have been more practical for us in that particular use case. But we couldn’t see spending more money for less range just to get more interior room for the exception rather than the rule, and think we made the right choice overall.

Regret adding EAP. It really wasn’t worth the money for me - my only hope is that it’s improved at some point but currently it doesn’t perform as well as my previous VW Tiguan Tech R which I thought was bad...

Regret not ordering the red colour. We were at a supercharger on Friday. After 20 minutes there were 16 grey Teslas although, ours was the only white interior.

No regrets on purchasing as we absolutely love our MY. We took out some family friends who had never been in an EV. They were laughing at the performance and practicality of the MY and now placing an order.

Last edited:
Didn't get what I wanted. Ordered a MY RWD years ago and got cancelled in December. Changed up and now waiting on the M3 LR.
Was told I had to reorder a MY AWD and I would go to the back of the line. Decide I wanted a car sooner so we will see when I get the M3?

My Model 3 is red with a white interior and 19 inch sport wheels, hence the name.
My Model Y, is base to its core. White, black and the 19 wheel.

I ordered my Model 3 from the website. The Model Y is a SR. A dealer found this for me. Since they were no long available, he found a white with black and 19s. If I had my choice, I would’ve gotten black with white seats and the 20s. But hey, I got my MYSR for a little over 40k, so I can’t complain.

The white seats,! IMO are a must. It just makes the car look so nice. Black is pretty standard.

Reactions: Floydsox