Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any guesses when MX 75D, 5 Seat, Coil...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been plenty to be annoyed about in Tesla's disingenuous first-come, first-serve $5K waiting list process and subsequent production priority process, so any criticism is displaced.

I've also been aggravated by the delay...my objective was only to alert folks like me who are still waiting for the still uncertain 5-seat model so that they might also wish to re-consider their options with this price reduction promotion.

Reactions: bonaire and EVger
There has been plenty to be annoyed about in Tesla's disingenuous first-come, first-serve $5K waiting list process and subsequent production priority process, so any criticism is displaced.

I've also been aggravated by the delay...my objective was only to alert folks like me who are still waiting for the still uncertain 5-seat model so that they might also wish to re-consider their options with this price reduction promotion.

I called, there is no promotion. You were offered a special deal that most will not get. Some may, but most will not.

• Informative
Reactions: Scoopup and EVger
I ordered mine early Jan 2. Called and l can't get the same deal. I have no idea what they are trying to do. It has been one disappointment after another.

Sorry to add to the collective pain! I'm in Seattle...maybe they see us as a priority market. My original waitlist # was ~ 10,700. I just got a VIN # that is xxx18794. Maybe they took pity on me since I complained about the phony wait list!

Sorry to add to the collective pain! I'm in Seattle...maybe they see us as a priority market. My original waitlist # was ~ 10,700. I just got a VIN # that is xxx18794. Maybe they took pity on me since I complained about the phony wait list!
I just took up the 50% off on air suspension two days ago and got a vin yesterday that's 34 below yours. Originally ordered a 7 seat, coil, non-pup, 75d April 1st

I called my DS and asked for upgrade my MX 5 seat to 6 seat. He agreed to provide the same at 50% off for both seat and Smart Air Suspension for 2750 additional. Upgraded yesterday and today got my VIN # 189xx. He mentioned Oct Delivery. deal is till on, just have to ask politely to DS.

They continue to whittle down the 5 seaters till there remains only a handful so they can justify cancellation of all remaining 5 seat orders due to "lack of interest"
How does one rate a post like that?
I agree with what you're saying, but I don't want to "Like" it.
"Dislike" doesn't seem appropriate either.
I definitely don't "Love" that position,
And I certainly don't think it's "Funny"...arg...:confused:

Reactions: ohmman and beths11
Shoulda kept this offer to yourself, it's gonna annoy people that are not getting the same offer.

I hope you were joking. IMO it is exactly this kind of information that makes a forum like TMC so valuable. It helps fellow members seek similar deals - even if not all get them, it is useful information that such things are being offered somewhere.

They continue to whittle down the 5 seaters till there remains only a handful so they can justify cancellation of all remaining 5 seat orders due to "lack of interest"

I doubt that, though I agree Tesla is probably trying to push people into the six seater with air suspension. Not because five seater is not coming, but because they want a sale now, instead of a few quarters down the road.

I see two likely, distinct possibilities for the five seater and being cancelled is not one of them (though that is not impossible, of course, but I consider it unlikely). The likely options IMO are:

1) A folding five seater design that is a major departure from the current mono-post second row, perhaps with fixed seating position. This might be plausible especially if getting approval for in-seat seatbelts is hard in the U.S. and they'd have to design a five-seater that has different attachment points for the seatbelts on the walls behind the falcon wings.

or

2) An exhaustive overhaul of the entire rear seating system that also includes re-designed second (and possibly third) rows, including the five seater suitable variant and folding seats for the second row in all configurations. Perhaps work that has been on-going since the launch that they had to do with a compromise solution in the rear.

Both scenarios require considerable re-design, crash testing, subject to all kinds of issues and delays etc... and also they require exhausting any current/impending stock for the current seating design. With Model X assumedly ramping up/selling slower than expected, perhaps they are (exucse the pun) on a ton of these old seats still and that is a contributing factor.

At least I ordered my Model X Signature fully expecting the rear seating to become the "old version" at some point. I am not even necessarily expecting any kind of retrofittability, because it is possible Tesla has to make major changes to the seating to allow folding/in-seat seatbelts...

Perhaps we should start a new thread "can't wait for a five seat car so I've upgraded" because that's what you are discussing, not
"Any guesses when MX 75D, 5 Seat, Coil..."
Sorry if I am cranky, I have been waiting a while for a 5 seat, refuse to upgrade and have a bit more to wait.

Thanks for being good natured about my snippiness.

Well. Why do you need falcon doors? To get to the 3rd row.

My theory is that the 5 seater/coil will be a more economical option redesigned w standard doors and possible a regular windshield. Bets anyone?
I'd take that bet in a heartbeat. Any vehicle that doesn't have the falcon doors is not an X, it will be a completely redesigned vehicle from the ground up. If you ever looked at an X, you'll understand that those doors are a major characteristic of the design that can't simply be replaced with standard doors.

Reactions: davidc18