Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Late April-May people hear from their DS about imminent deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
90D MX Vin 339x for Orlando FL Delivery. Confirmed 12/15. Car has been listed as April - Early May since early March. I am frustrated with how little information I am getting from my DS. I called my DS Wednesday, 4/27, car went into Production on 4/14. Nearly two weeks it is still in production. Never even an email from my DS. DS claims she will not know anything until car gets scheduled for delivery to Service Center. How is it some DSs know so much and mine so little? I have never received an email from my DS that was not a direct reply to mine other than one in January when I change delivery location. This has been exactly 3 messages since January 28. It is not like I am pestering her. I have had only Wednesday's telephone conversation and I initiated it. This is lousy customer communication.
Everything you described from not pestering your DS to receiving little info about your production process (even after you initiate the calls) to your DS not knowing as much as other people's DS is exactly what I have been experiencing with mine here in ATL.
Today, my wife says "how is it that we are probably getting this car in a couple of weeks but we have no date, or any communication with tesla about our 100k car?" I had to defend the company by saying they are young and it's a new and complex product.

I don't understand why some of you are surprised that your delivery dates keep getting pushed back a bit. There have been bad earthquakes in Japan which effectively halted the supply chains of both GM & Toyota, also Tesla needs to fix up those 3rd row seats. Tesla is pretty dependent on it's suppliers, many of which are in Japan.

These things take time... Good luck everyone, but better to have a fully functioning car later, rather than one with issues earlier.
I guess we all expect that TM would/should have figured out all logistics for this complex beast when they decided to go with their 3rd delayed "deliveries begin" date of 9/29/15. In retrospect, it is fully apparent that the September production start date was just to save face and avoid a 4th imminent delay. In reality, TM probably needed another 6-8 months to perfect the product and start production in the summer of 2016. But of course that would have raised hell so they just opted to screw over the loyal early adopters because we early adopters will turn around and take it because we believe the end product will be heavenly.

Everything you described from not pestering your DS to receiving little info about your production process (even after you initiate the calls) to your DS not knowing as much as other people's DS is exactly what I have been experiencing with mine here in ATL.
Today, my wife says "how is it that we are probably getting this car in a couple of weeks but we have no date, or any communication with tesla about our 100k car?" I had to defend the company by saying they are young and it's a new and complex product.

Ditto with our VIN 29XX - the DS went from "it's in production" during the last week of March to "it's in production, but no timetable for delivery yet" this week. The April/early May delivery is looking more like June to me!

Just got the call this afternoon that I'm in production at the "body in white" stage. With completion of production, inspection, rail transfer to Chicago and truck transit to Minneapolis they are estimating late May delivery. VIN 30XX, ordered 12/15, 90D, subzero, towing, 6 seats, premium, standard wheels. My eXcitement is increasing!

Well, my DS told me I'm out of production; just over a week as he said. I am now waiting for rail transport which is supposed to take a week or two to Chicago, then trucking on up to Minneapolis. Looks like mine will get here not long after they get a Model X to show for a "Meet the X" event, but I'll go see it anyway. Time to update modelxtracker.com!!

My DS got back to me and said it will possibly be end of this month, but it could roll into next month. He said there had been a slowdown in production, which pretty much aligns with what Elon said in the conference call. My VIN is 46XX, and I had Late April-May as delivery window, until it disappeared a few days ago.

I called my DS in charlotte. He wasn't around for whatever reason. Anyways the person I spoke with was nice enough to tell me that my P90DL was at the end of production line and should finish very soon. They also told me that it would take about 3-4 weeks to get to Atlanta (if i remember correctly) by train and then North Carolina by covered transport. vin 3XXX