Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not assuming anything. I want all of those features, but I'm not pulling the trigger until there are reports of all new builds having those features. I'd like the new door panels too.

I already have a 2018 Model 3 so I want my wife's Y to be as different as possible so it doesn't feel like the same exact car.

Makes complete sense and I am right there with you. Waiting until this is all confirmed before I pull the trigger on the MYP.

I'm not assuming anything. I want all of those features, but I'm not pulling the trigger until there are reports of all new builds having those features. I'd like the new door panels too.

I already have a 2018 Model 3 so I want my wife's Y to be as different as possible so it doesn't feel like the same exact car.

Same here waiting to order one for my wife....I'm hoping also for the 4680 battery cells

Today I took delivery with a vin 107xxx. No new headlights. Heated steering wheel, USB in glovebox box and OG console. Perfect fit and finish on the car. All doors perfect and the trunk and drink work great.

This may sound like a silly question....but does that mean the steering wheel heat actually works when you press the button to turn on the heat or does the button just show up on the screen without actually initializing the heat when pressed and needs a software update to make it work?

Reactions: CapsEngineer
I’m not holding my breath. Why wouldn’t they put their updated batteries in the most expensive vehicles, the S/X, first?

They might but it's a very small number compared to M3 or MY. The way they are looking to scale up production, it's going to be on the lower end model for sure.

The new battery is also cheaper. This would be more attractive to push out on the mass models, lowering cost to get more orders.

Do you really think the 4680 batteries are coming this year?

To Model Y only if things go exceptionally smoothly in Austin. I'd put my money on first half of 2022. Between building Austin, getting the Cybertruck into production, getting Semi into production, and then changing Y over to the new battery and structural pack (all that ignoring the new batteries themselves), they have a ton going on.

I’m not holding my breath. Why wouldn’t they put their updated batteries in the most expensive vehicles, the S/X, first?

They will likely put the new 4680 cell size in the S/X first, but only because they are being refreshed now. Not because they are the most expensive vehicles. Tesla didn't change the S/X over to the 2170 cells, which were first used on the Model 3.

Based on the Tesla website update today after the earnings call, it appears that the new headlights are shown in the order page

2C001219-38AB-481D-8D29-678E2AD974D9.jpeg

Based on the Tesla website update today after the earnings call, it appears that the new headlights are shown in the order page

View attachment 631421

Nice, they finally updated the configurator for the Model Y but NO new center console yet! Waiting on new headlights, center console and HEPA filter until I convert my LR RWD to AWD..

Still old console..

Last edited:
Reactions: kaess
After looking more closely, I do agree that it appears to be the updated design in the renders...but don't know if we can hold them accountable to that.

If you look closely the black "swoosh" on the far outboard side of the lamp assembly matches pictures of the updated lights.