Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any mods to make the M3P faster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol it's funny you buy a "performance" model of a car and you get trolled asking if there are mods to make them faster. Guess I am dealing with much different crowd than my 20+ years of having fast cars....

I didnt see any trolling... I see people making the same "go fast" jokes that I have seen on various car forums when this question is asked for the past 15-20 years.

If anything, it shows that its a similar crowd of people. If you have been driving fast cars for 20 years and been online, I am positive you have seen those same jokes before.

I didnt see any trolling... I see people making the same "go fast" jokes that I have seen on various car forums when this question is asked for the past 15-20 years.

If anything, it shows that its a similar crowd of people. If you have been driving fast cars for 20 years and been online, I am positive you have seen those same jokes before.
yes, i've seen those jokes as well but expected some serious responses as well.

yes, i've seen those jokes as well but expected some serious responses as well.
The only serious response I can give is to buy a wrecked Plaid powertrain and swap it into your 3. Likely this would involve basically a whole donor car and all the wiring that goes along with it.

You can get oil coolers to allow you more endurance on a road course, you can go fast more consistently.

There are also diff upgrades which allow you to carry more corner speed and accelerate out earlier.

For drag racing there is only losing weight, having a full charge and running skinny/lightweight tires perhaps. UP hasd a whole line of CF parts and lexan panels. The interior comes apart pretty easily, so easy to strip out the rear seats and get what you can.

lol it's funny you buy a "performance" model of a car and you get trolled asking if there are mods to make them faster. Guess I am dealing with much different crowd than my 20+ years of having fast cars....
Yea, wrong site. Unfortunately, Tesla's haven't been around long enough for gear heads to really play around with them....yet.

My thought is it'll take a stand-alone system like the one offered by EV Controls (EV Controls Home). Even then, most of the gains would be off the line; ie stickler tires and no traction control limitations. I don't think there is a whole lot of power left on the table for an M3P.

I'd like to see a full-on drag prepped Model 3; ie stand-alone system, gutted chassis, and lightweight battery pack (~30kWh).

Reactions: Blacktes24
They’re jokes bud, don’t be so serious. Not trying to troll just having fun. M3P is super fast and there is obviously not much you can do but cut weight. Not sure what 20yrs of fast cars has to do with anything. I got 35, who cares… just have fun

Attachments

• 605FA65A-FB74-4659-80E1-5DF178406851.gif
    605FA65A-FB74-4659-80E1-5DF178406851.gif
    120.4 KB · Views: 106
There are folks that build batteries for Tesla. All kinds in fact.
We have a guy in the hood that does that. As you fix one linitation
you run into another such as inverters and I am sure there are guys
that do that as well. Motors are also important and lot of folks
do that as well. Then you have the software issues. You really need to
be in that group. I can only dream of the days when we can blow up
EV's just like ICE cars.

Reactions: Olle
What you’re seeing isn’t trolling, it’s despair from the lack of mods we can do. We can either laugh or cry about it, hence the facetious responses like adding stripes.

Despite its limitations, the current M3P is already plenty of car at this price point. For a bit more, a tuned RS3 would be pretty fun. In any case, a M3Plaid is probably coming soon so just get your wallet ready.

Reactions: Lindenwood
The only real things that can be done is Lighter wheels/Better tires and weight reduction. Weight reduction would be removing the seats that you dont use/need and if you are trying to go full racecar/track only type vehicle replace the glass with polycarbonate.

There is no 'tune' out there to make the P go faster.

All you can really do is take weight out of the car. Wheels, brakes, seats, light 12v battery. Cut calories from your diet… ;)

You can spend a small fortune in suspension if you have the mod bug though! Get the full MPP catalog.