Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My service centre said that my 100D is eligible for perf upgrade and will be applied in 2 weeks when I bring it in. VIN ending 198535 delivered end of June 2017

My service centre said that my 100D is eligible for perf upgrade and will be applied in 2 weeks when I bring it in. VIN ending 198535 delivered end of June 2017

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! My S 100D has Vin # 198787 and was also delivered at the end of June 2017.

I just got my 100D VIN ending 198535 uncorked today (or performance update) as they have called it while they swapped the winter tires in. I asked the rep on what is the before and after and they gave me just a "it will be a little faster" response. I drive it to work after and would say that I am not sure if I can feel the difference. I think I see the power graph go a bit more beyond 300 mark but can't be sure as I never took a before and after pic. It "may" seem a little faster but it is not a dramatic difference if there was any. Now granted, I have 2 loose child seat and 4 tires bouncing around so I wasn't in the mode to do any real performance test.

Does anyone have any definitive pre-post uncork results for a pre-drive unit update S100D?

VIN 190843 delivered in late March. Called Sunnyvale service center, and was told there was no bulletin on my specific record indicating I was eligible. I asked for more detail, and he was not really sure about it all, and referred me to his coworker who knew more about it. She is now trying to figure out the software to determine this. Ok, so the BAD NEWS is that my car is NOT ELIGIBLE for uncorking, that bites!! She says that the readout tells her that the hardwired connections to the battery in my car are not suitable for the performance upgrade. Looks like no Merry Christmas for me. :-(

The rep was very sweet, and she said she is pretty sure my car is plenty fast, and would take a ride it in anytime! :) She tried to let me down easy.

waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

VIN 190843 delivered in late March. Called Sunnyvale service center, and was told there was no bulletin on my specific record indicating I was eligible. I asked for more detail, and he was not really sure about it all, and referred me to his coworker who knew more about it. She is now trying to figure out the software to determine this. Ok, so the BAD NEWS is that my car is NOT ELIGIBLE for uncorking, that bites!! She says that the readout tells her that the hardwired connections to the battery in my car are not suitable for the performance upgrade. Looks like no Merry Christmas for me. :-(

The rep was very sweet, and she said she is pretty sure my car is plenty fast, and would take a ride it in anytime! :) She tried to let me down easy.

waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!
I'm about 7000 earlier than you in VIN numbers. I haven't called yet, but will ask at 12.5k checkup.

Looks like Tesla removed the Perf_Config from the API!!! Thats messed up! Now how do you tell if the car has been uncorked??
Use iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla and look for max power on a 0-60 run. It should climb from 380kW to 420kW. Torque doesn't appear to change.

We would love to get a quarter mile runlog from a corked S100D for the Metrics Tracking if anyone has the time before they all get uncorked. (in Powertools you have to use vehicle tracking). It would really help us understand the effect of State of charge on power.

Use iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla and look for max power on a 0-60 run. It should climb from 380kW to 420kW. Torque doesn't appear to change.

We would love to get a quarter mile runlog from a corked S100D for the Metrics Tracking if anyone has the time before they all get uncorked. (in Powertools you have to use vehicle tracking). It would really help us understand the effect of State of charge on power.
Thanks Krash!
I just downloaded it and will see if I can get some numbers tomorrow! =D
On a side note I did email Tesla and their response was:

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Tesla. I've taken a look into this for you and it looks like we were able to give your vehicle the uncorking performance upgrade prior to delivering it to you so your vehicle is currently running with the maximum acceleration available. Thank you for being part of the Tesla family

As promised, the ranger showed up at my office and started the uncorking process. He also did the Model X 5 seat latch recall inspection.

A new firmware update was pushed (2017.46.8) and installed as part of the process.

We'll see what impact it has on acceleration later today.

I have a s100d. Perf_config 1. Probably one of the first ones. I still have the window sticker that says “do not sell” due to epa hold.

Haven’t called them yet to make annual appt.

Is power tools for iOS worth it?

Same sticker here. One with EPA hold.. One normal Monroney. Was eligible. 3/17 Build date. 187XXX How much more power. Waiting till Mid December.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus