Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It feels faster, more punch off the line. But the 0-60 times are the same. I don't know if it's due to inaccuracies in the Dashboard for Tesla app, or if there are other variables (lower state of charge, cooler temps, etc) that are impacting things...

So far, I'm consistently getting ~4.75 seconds, same as before.

Use iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla and look for max power on a 0-60 run. It should climb from 380kW to 420kW. Torque doesn't appear to change.

We would love to get a quarter mile runlog from a corked S100D for the Metrics Tracking if anyone has the time before they all get uncorked. (in Powertools you have to use vehicle tracking). It would really help us understand the effect of State of charge on power.

I have a 100D, built the first week of November '17 - on .44 firmware. Checking the API, I was set to uncorked from day 1. Using Android Dashboard, with battery at 86%, I got a 0-60 of 4.0 even. Peak power was 429. I have not tested a 100% charge run yet, but will as soon as I can. I have gotten faster results from other tools with more battery, but don't have the data to support yet, so I'll leave that alone for now.

(screenshot of data dumped into Excel)

data.png

So SC called and indicated my build is not eligible for the upgrade. I have a June delivery 100D VIN 198967. Apparently, my drive unit and firmware are already updated with the latest but my battery is missing a component that allows it to push out more energy. The guys at the SC did a great deal of research on my behalf as they haven't had many 100Ds come in to be uncorked and while I was not on the eligible list, they tried to upgrade anyway but it failed. Upon further investigation, they found the battery issue.

Not such a big deal from my perspective as the car is plenty fast for me.

However, this is the second time I have been randomly impacted in an adverse manner due to timing. The first was when I learned my car was built two weeks before all Tesla's came with AP 1.0 hardware. Yup - I owned a Sept '14 built Model S and missed out on Auto Pilot.

Such is ownership of a Tesla. Still smiling!

Reactions: HankLloydRight
My vin was 198545 and the SC said it was eligible and it was uncorked last week. I didn't really feel much of a diff though. This was delivered June 2017 in Canada. Are the production part changes serial? I mean how can Shelbri's 198967 be missing the part this is ineligible while mine at 198545 is OK? Or that I am missing the part too but the SC just didn't know better?

My vin was 198545 and the SC said it was eligible and it was uncorked last week. I didn't really feel much of a diff though. This was delivered June 2017 in Canada. Are the production part changes serial? I mean how can Shelbri's 198967 be missing the part this is ineligible while mine at 198545 is OK? Or that I am missing the part too but the SC just didn't know better?

I was told that the VIN is not the best way to monitor this as some folks are assigned a VIN and then due to production schedules, geographic location, and such, result in overlap periods. Also - there seems to be a randomness, where by parts are revised and are co-mingled rather than First In First Out such that new parts are used prior to exhausting the inventory of older parts.

In general - it is somewhat BS that two folks purchasing the same vehicle configuration at roughly the same time paying the same price result in one getting a vehicle with higher performance capabilities while the other is randomly selected out of these capabilities.

That said - I certainly acknowledge and accept that I got the vehicle I paid for and am just missing out on an unexpected gift provided by Tesla. It's just not a nice feeling to be left out from the gift on two separate occasions - I am starting to think this is personal :(:p

In general - it is somewhat BS that two folks purchasing the same vehicle configuration at roughly the same time paying the same price result in one getting a vehicle with higher performance capabilities while the other is randomly selected out of these capabilities.

I'm 'lucky' in that my 75D has been uncorked despite 4 rejections based on "your VIN is showing as ineligible". My sense of injustice is that despite buying the same car at the same time, an 'unlucky' owner has not only missed out on a great performance enhancement but their car has become less desirable than a 'lucky' uncorked one - and that'll be reflected in it's value. That's just plain wrong in my book.

My 100D got the performance upgrade from a ranger today and he also installed 46.8 at the same time. The vin is 1889xx from March 17.
I had it checked and they said it was eligible. Then I got a phone call saying that it was not. And that only 75's were uncorkable. I set an email showing the first answer (it was eligible) and after a day or so, they admitted it was.

The right hands and the left hands don't always talk so it pays to double check. (You would think that being this close to Tesla's home that they would have the answers down solid.)

Just had my 75D uncorked today, and I just found out about Power Tools on iOS. Will it really show an accurate 0-60 time using the app?

Edit: Also what would be the best way to do a launch? Should I have the car in hold mode, and then just stomp the accelerator?

Last edited:
Just had my 75D uncorked today, and I just found out about Power Tools on iOS. Will it really show an accurate 0-60 time using the app?

Edit: Also what would be the best way to do a launch? Should I have the car in hold mode, and then just stomp the accelerator?

Yes PowerTools is accurate. For the launch I would think hold mode minimises any delay.

Give it a go and post a screenshot!

It feels faster, more punch off the line. But the 0-60 times are the same. I don't know if it's due to inaccuracies in the Dashboard for Tesla app, or if there are other variables (lower state of charge, cooler temps, etc) that are impacting things...

So far, I'm consistently getting ~4.75 seconds, same as before.
Me too, would likd to know any way to be sure it has been uncorked

Yes PowerTools is accurate. For the launch I would think hold mode minimises any delay.

Give it a go and post a screenshot!
dZ7vluQ
Picture: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Those numbers are definitely corked numbers, but my battery was cold. I was near full charge, but that run was 5minutes into my first drive of the day. Didn't have full regen yet, could that be why? If my battery was fully warm, would it then show uncorked numbers?

dZ7vluQ
Picture: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Those numbers are definitely corked numbers, but my battery was cold. I was near full charge, but that run was 5minutes into my first drive of the day. Didn't have full regen yet, could that be why? If my battery was fully warm, would it then show uncorked numbers?

I’m not an expert at all, but would expect higher power numbers even with a cold battery. Based on that result I think I’d be querying whether the uncork has worked. If you use TeslaFi you could look at the logs at see if “perf config” is 1 or 3. 1 is uncorked, 3 is corked.

I’m not an expert at all, but would expect higher power numbers even with a cold battery. Based on that result I think I’d be querying whether the uncork has worked. If you use TeslaFi you could look at the logs at see if “perf config” is 1 or 3. 1 is uncorked, 3 is corked.
Just signed up for TeslaFi and my car shows on it now, where do I go to check the perf config?

Edit: Think I just found it, after I clicked "get data" - It shows this: [perf_config] => P3
So that means the service center didn't complete the uncork?

Last edited: