Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news/rumors of SoCal supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TM forum member lsborn reports that San Juan Capistrano has started construction. The lot is fenced off, there are pavement markings, and a porta-potty.

Darn, he beat me to it. I was by there this morning. It's "on"!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 490
Latest Oxnard, California Supercharger News--The original plan to tap electricity from the mall's digital sign along the freeway had insufficient power to work. Tesla's consultants are working with Socal Edison to find another method to bring power to the project site. This has delayed the project. It is now expected to be built during the first quarter of 2014. Source--City of Oxnard Planning Department.

At the Vacaville opening, napabill talked to someone from the mall ownership, Simon Properties. They said that their next partnership with Tesla would be at Desert Hills Premium Outlets in Cabazon on I-10. This is pretty much directly between the planned Ontario and Indio sites on Tesla's map, so this might be an opportunistic addition to the plans.

At the Vacaville opening, napabill talked to someone from the mall ownership, Simon Properties. They said that their next partnership with Tesla would be at Desert Hills Premium Outlets in Cabazon on I-10. This is pretty much directly between the planned Ontario and Indio sites on Tesla's map, so this might be an opportunistic addition to the plans.

that would make driving to PS so much better!

Things are still gated. I dont see how folks are gonna park here for a charge. Seems rather cramped and backing into these spaces is going to be difficult not to mention the traffic. Fortunately they do have 2 stalls where you can pull into front first.
image.jpg
SJC SC1.jpg
SJC SC2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm perplexed, or are some posters writing tongue in cheek? Two questions:

1. What in tarnation is the difference between a stall you can drive forward in vs. backwards in? I've never met one.

2. combo of "backing in..bizarre..." and "not fond of backing up with camera" ----->just because your vehicle has a camera does not mean you have to use it. Use those three mirrors and/or, as your driver's ed instructor will have told you, turn around and look through the window. The ONLY caveat in that is not to lift your butt as you look backwards, as you'll be placed in "Park"!