Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any reason not to cancel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The decision is to buy or not. I'm trying to figure out if that's independent of the decision to cancel the reservation. If I cancel and buy the next day, I don't think it matters in the long run unless I'm missing something, which is why I'm asking.
I don't understand what you are saying...

You were talking about getting your money back.....that's a cancel. Period.

You can't cancel and buy the next day.

The decision is to buy or not. I'm trying to figure out if that's independent of the decision to cancel the reservation. If I cancel and buy the next day, I don't think it matters in the long run unless I'm missing something, which is why I'm asking.

If you cancel your reservation, you'll lose your place in line:
Delivery timeframe will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

If you cancel today and decide to place an order for LR or LR-D tomorrow, no, it would appear that it matters very little if at all.

If you decide next year that you want to buy an SR version, it might matter significantly as to when you could get your car. The line will be long and Tesla has stated that reservation holders will be prioritized to some degree. Could be the difference between a $3750 or $1875 tax credit depending on when you order.

There's also a chance that outstanding Model 3 reservations could end up being convertible to higher-priority Model Y reservations, if that would be something that might interest you. Probably a long-shot on that (who knows what they're going to do with the Model Y, honestly) but you never know.

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
As long as some priority goes to reservation holders on future version releases (interior colors, SR, non premium, air suspension) the reservation helps you.

Depends on him w much you need the money and what else you would do with it.

I just got rid of my reservation by converting it into an order.

The kids are disappointed. They have to keep driving our 2009 SmartCar for a while longer.

Officially down to only one Tesla right now.

smart - Edited.jpg

If losing place in line does not matter, then you should cancel.

1) You get your $1000 back now.
2) If you decided to order, they only keep $2500 as deposit instead of $3500. For any reason if you have to cancel after you configured, you only lose $2500 instead of $3500.

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
If losing place in line does not matter, then you should cancel.

1) You get your $1000 back now.
2) If you decided to order, they only keep $2500 as deposit instead of $3500. For any reason if you have to cancel after you configured, you only lose $2500 instead of $3500.
I was under the impression that once you order the $1000 reservation was converted to be non-refundable order deposit (ie, once you order you can't get your $1000 back).