Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone close to 12.5K miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mmm... I'm really not sure. Certainly not much. I remember getting a 245 mile standard charge a few times earlier in the car's life, but I think 239-242 was more typical. I haven't seen 245 in a while but it could be temps or charge rate or something. I'm typically seeing 237-240 these days and I know I got that sometimes early on too. I have used range charge a few times as well by the way.

This is all from casual memory, so I could be off. Basically, like I said, not enough change for me to make a clear call.

What do others typically get on a standard charge?

Last edited:
I've been consistently getting 241-243 on a standard charge with 4000 mi on the clock. But just this weekend, I did a range charge on Friday, went on trip and ran the car hard all weekend without charging. Sunday night std charge is up to 245 mi. Maybe some battery balancing happened after a range charge and deep discharge which recovered some capacity?

Last edited:
Mmm... I'm really not sure. Certainly not much. I remember getting a 245 mile standard charge a few times earlier in the car's life, but I think 239-242 was more typical. I haven't seen 245 in a while but it could be temps or charge rate or something. I'm typically seeing 237-240 these days and I know I got that sometimes early on too. I have used range charge a few times as well by the way.

This is all from casual memory, so I could be off. Basically, like I said, not enough change for me to make a clear call.

What do others typically get on a standard charge?

I have had the car just a few days and basically see 239-242 on a standard charge. less than 300 miles so far.

To get closer to 300 miles you must range charge.

hmmm. I think I didn't make my post very clear. What I meant to say is I have driven less than 300 miles total in the car. In essence, the car is new and my standard charge range has been 239-242 every morning, which supports the argument that there has been no significant battery degradation in @dadaleus since he is still getting the same after so many miles.

I just completed my first 12,500 mile service at the Seattle service and I have to say it was an excellent experience. Super thorough and very well explained. They rotated the tires, checked the brake ware(almost none) rear tires were at 5/32 fronts at 6/32, checked fluids. pulled the belly pans, checked the suspension, new wipers, new key fob batteries etc. It was the first 12.5k service Seattle had completed. Standard charge is in the 242 ish range range charge 272 ish down from 245/275 at 13,543 miles.

They also resealed my reverse light applique for moisture intrusion at the same time, and it is definitely better but not perfect.

hmmm. I think I didn't make my post very clear. What I meant to say is I have driven less than 300 miles total in the car. In essence, the car is new and my standard charge range has been 239-242 every morning, which supports the argument that there has been no significant battery degradation in @dadaleus since he is still getting the same after so many miles.

Lol....oops. :)

I just completed my first 12,500 mile service at the Seattle service and I have to say it was an excellent experience. Super thorough and very well explained. They rotated the tires, checked the brake ware(almost none) rear tires were at 5/32 fronts at 6/32, checked fluids. pulled the belly pans, checked the suspension, new wipers, new key fob batteries etc. It was the first 12.5k service Seattle had completed. Standard charge is in the 242 ish range range charge 272 ish down from 245/275 at 13,543 miles.

They also resealed my reverse light applique for moisture intrusion at the same time, and it is definitely better but not perfect.

Still first set of tires?

19 or 21"

Michelin or Conti?

Thanks,

not that this is scientific in any way, but extrapolating out at 3mi loss in soc/year, after 8 years (warranty period) that's a 24mi drop in range, so 245 - 24 is 221. that's about a 10% drop (easy math on that one). i can't remember, but is that within, or right on the warranty margin? was it warranted to be within 10% after 8 years, or...?

also, the prepay for a replacement battery option, have they started offering that yet? curious...

(i was using 3mi/yr cause 12.5k mi is about what i do in a year.. and not taking time period or temperature or driving style etc into account -- as i said, not scientific in any way..)