TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone Else Worried About Not Getting Delivery in December?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by simplesolid, Nov 27, 2016.

1. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

As much as this sucks, I really hope the negative feelings you may understandibly be harboring will be erased as soon as you're behind the wheel of one of the best rides on the planet :D

2. JRMW

JRMW Member

It does seem that if a car stays in production for too long they should just scrap it and start a new one for you
    Tesla is clearly doing all the East coast cars now. My guess is Midwest will start production this week

3. Saxman

Saxman Member

I also confirmed 11/20 on an order placed in Austin to be delivered in Denver. I also live in the Vail Valley (Edwards, CO).

My Tesla pages shows IN QUEUE. It has never referenced a date or time frame for delivery. I ordered a 5 seater and was told it could be delivered by end of year.

Who is your DS in Denver?

4. simplesolid

simplesolid Model S 60 AP2 Glass Roof

I think the do furthest to closest to factory.

So International first --> East Coast --> Midwest -- West Coast

Just my guess.

5. JRMW

JRMW Member

Yes. Looking at the tracker it is clearly what is happening

All of a sudden a horde of cars went into production
    Most confirmed around 11/16 to 11/22 or so.
    Most are NY, NJ, Florida, etc

I think SteveHo is the only midwesterner I've seen whose car went into production too... but he confirmed a few days earlier than those east coasters. My guess is that the pay had a space on a train so rushed his order in

There are many Californians and Arizonans who ordered in early November who are not in production

But then there are a few mysteries like Sdorn who went into production weeks ago.

Now that the East Coasters are in production, my guess is the Midwesterners will go in this week.
    Mountain West next week
    Californians after that.

6. arosenbe

arosenbe Member

Our cars are apparently hanging out together en route to So Florida.

Ordered 10/15
    Confirmed 10/22
    Began Production 11/29
    End Production 12/5
    "In transit"
    Estimated delivery 12/26-1/7

7. simplesolid

simplesolid Model S 60 AP2 Glass Roof

I don't think it will take until 12/26 for you to get it, I would get everything ready early if I were you. It should be here in Florida next week. I am scheduled for pickup on 12/16, but I want to try to get it earlier as I have to leave for vacation. This is the most excited I have been to get something in the long time.

This last week of waiting, I am planning on cleaning the garage and getting the electrical work done.

8. arosenbe

arosenbe Member

I hope you're right! Are you picking up in WPB or Dania? Dania here.

9. cmd_keen

cmd_keen Member

Definately, been a good year.
    FYI, was told by my DS that I will fortunately get in before the end of year rush and that there will be a significant number of vehicles incoming in the next few weeks. So the Q4 push is on!

10. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

December 23 - January 6 estimate :)

11. Saxman

Saxman Member

I'm new to this forum and learning as I go. where would I find the Tracker you referred to. I confirmed 11/20 and taking delivery in Denver. All My Tesla says is In Queue but no delivery estimates.
    Can I see from Tracker if my X went into production or is that manually input by me when I'm notified?
    Thanks for you patience & help.

12. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

It's manually put in by you when you see the update on MyTesla page or you get notified via email.

Here is the spreadsheet: Model S Order & Delivery 2016

13. JRMW

JRMW Member

Saxman:
    You have an X on order.
    This is the model S forum!

14. Saxman

Saxman Member

Sorry
    Thought I was on X Forum
    Told you I am still learning. :)

15. Saxman

Saxman Member

Thanks for the link.

16. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

There is a separate spreadsheet for X orders. I don't have the link, but you should be able to find it somewhere on the x forums.

17. Gremlin

Gremlin Member

I ordered my Nov 20th, it went into production yesterday. On the build stage it states Dec 24- Jan 6 estimated delivery. Not concerned yet but due to taxes I informed Tesla I need to take delivery this year. Here's to hoping no snow! Until after the new year.

18. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

You should be fine. A bunch of us had similar timeframes. I had Dec 23-Jan5 at one point and I'm scheduled to pick up on the 16th. I went into production 4 days ago.

I just replied to a thread where - car went into production and was delivered to the service center (in the NE) in one week.

19. Hrhkee

Hrhkee Doing research. Brb

My DS said no to process car early. I must take delivery at processing.

20. JRMW

JRMW Member

By "processing" do you mean that you cannot pay for the car in full in 2016 for a 2017 delivery?

If so, Does that include buying in cash? Or loan/lease?

I can see why a bank would not allow a customer (or Tesla) to complete the loan or lease paperwork prior to the customer taking delivery of the car, since the loan/lease are secured by the car itself.

But it's slightly surprising if Tesla doesn't allow people to pay in cash

My hope is to pay for mine in 2016 even if it's delivered in 2017. (But I'm paying cash)
    If I don't go into production this week I'll contact my DS to ask