Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone going to upgrade to FSD before March 18th?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a little concerned that my car details page doesn't show any autopilot or FSD in the options...

Tesla SSO – Login -> Manage -> View_Details

All I have listed there is "Premium Interior".
When it comes time to discuss hw3 upgrade, what proof do I have that I paid for FSD?
I didn't get any kind of "receipt" showing I paid for it other than credit card statement showing generic payments to Tesla.

I wish Tesla would have (at least) emailed out some sort of statement confirming I bought it.
What I can see is that the autopilot options page is no longer showing in the shopping area on the site.

I am a little concerned that my car details page doesn't show any autopilot or FSD in the options...

Tesla SSO – Login -> Manage -> View_Details

All I have listed there is "Premium Interior".
When it comes time to discuss hw3 upgrade, what proof do I have that I paid for FSD?
I didn't get any kind of "receipt" showing I paid for it other than credit card statement showing generic payments to Tesla.

I wish Tesla would have (at least) emailed out some sort of statement confirming I bought it.
What I can see is that the autopilot options page is no longer showing in the shopping area on the site.
Hmmm, FSD showed up in my account shortly after I purchased the other day. May need to call them.

Bought it and "called it a day" too.

My total came to $2,140 living in Georgia after tax. I was actually inside my M3 parked when I did it and my system reset instantly. Had a little glitch with a audible tone going off (or I was impatient) so I did a reset and then it was fine. I also noticed in my Tesla account it was showing as a feature pretty much instantly. And the shopping area window I had open still then said no items available for my vehicle or something like that. I'll have to do some research on what happens if I no longer have the vehicle before any features become available? Or if God forbid the car gets totaled or something like that?? I'm assuming they're going to squeeze out some feature of FSD ASAP to cover buyers concerns of vaporware. I hope it proves to be a deal and a smart purchase. Keeping this amazing car as long as it will have me.....

Reactions: halfricanguy
Got mine! :D

D717E476-FF2E-45F3-B59D-27B1A156050D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Lifeinabox
BTW if your account shows the FSD upgrade available at $2K (EAP owner) but won't let you checkout (my case right now), I spoke with Customer Support and they are doing account maintenance and he said some accounts are having this issue. He took my info and sent off an email to Accounts and they will work to get me access again (said maybe today but by tomorrow) and not to worry it's now on file that I called and will be able to get it at the $2K price. They'll send an email when my account has been fixed.

• Informative
Reactions: GenoM3P
I just purchased FSD for $2000.

Many are wondering what they will be getting. And there is not much concrete info on which to make their decisions.

I found this old video from Tesla on FSD (from 11/2016):

Would you buy FSD for $2000 (assuming you already have EAP now) if you can get this level of automation shown in the video?

I am not sure if that is what we are going to get for $2000 (but it seems to match the descriptions from the web site--street level autopilot with traffic light and stop sign recognition).

If this is what we are getting, then I think it is totally worth it.

I just purchased FSD for $2000.

Many are wondering what they will be getting. And there is not much concrete info on which to make their decisions.

Would you buy FSD for $2000 (assuming you already have EAP now) if you can get this level of automation shown in the video?

I am not sure if that is what we are going to get for $2000 (but it seems to match the descriptions from the web site--street level autopilot with traffic light and stop sign recognition).

If this is what we are getting, then I think it is totally worth it.
they didn't have hw3 in 2016. so all that done with current hardware.

No doubt. If that worked reliably in the general case, they could ask a lot more than $2k for FSD. But the thing is that this video was likely heavily staged with a hard-coded route etc., which Elon indirectly confirmed in a comment on the planned (and cancelled) autonomous coast-to-coast drive in an earnings call last year:

“We could do a coast-to-coast drive, especially if we pick a specific route and write code to make it work, but that would be kind of gaming the system”

There is a long thread over in the autonomous vehicle section of the forum that discusses the video.

That is the $2000 question. The other question is "when". ;) Given the current state of Navigate on Autopilot (which is much simpler yet still has a lot of issues) I wouldn't bet on this happening soon.