Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone has 2019.20.4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You weren’t alive in the early 2000s were you? “Games in a car” basically describes three to four years of my life lol.

Also for folks that will regularly spend 20-45 minutes hanging out in their cars, developing something for them to “do” seems great to me as an owner :)
I'm 44 years old so I've definitely grown up with video games and still play them today. I just personally have zero use for games built into my car's infotainment system. I'd much prefer using a Nintendo Switch for that purpose. I travel a ton for work and my switch goes with me everywhere even if it DOES make me look like a man-child. LOL

Last edited:
I have very little problems with games on the tesla, as long as it doesn't take away from other resources (storage on device, CPU, etc).

I like it for a distraction. It's "neat". I really would hope that BBR doesn't really turn the tires when playing though. That could cause some unnecessary wear.

Just got the update. Played beach buggy for a little bit, which was really cool. However, I checked to see if the tires move with the steering wheel, and unfortunate it does. It moves the same amount as when you turn without the game. Worried that playing this game too much will wear out the steering rack as well as creating a bald spot. Probably best to play this with a xbox controller.

Just got the update. Played beach buggy for a little bit, which was really cool. However, I checked to see if the tires move with the steering wheel, and unfortunate it does. It moves the same amount as when you turn without the game. Worried that playing this game too much will wear out the steering rack as well as creating a bald spot. Probably best to play this with a xbox controller.

“Hey Dad, can my friends and I go play Beach Buggy 2 in your Tesla?” :(

Sigh... now they are releasing software updates JUST for new games? LOL!

These updates are usually way more complex than advertised. Tesla routinely will send out an update with a new feature while addressing bugs or issues that need a software fix in the background. as noted by others, looks like autopilot improved and new bugs too!

LOL! Well yes if you take it quite literally. But the point here is that Tesla's goal is to deliver FSD and they are constantly releasing updates that are focused on in-car gaming. It would seem to the casual observer that they are focusing on the wrong things.

Yes, but unless they add a feature, they don't announce all of the "under the hood" tweaks to EAP.

Just because it SAYS it's a game release, doesn't mean that's the only thing in there.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I got this update yesterday. I can no longer swipe to the right or left to check tire pressure or usage. Does anyone else have this issue? I need to make a service appointment if it's just my car instead of a break due to the update.

I got this update yesterday. I can no longer swipe to the right or left to check tire pressure or usage. Does anyone else have this issue? I need to make a service appointment if it's just my car instead of a break due to the update.
That happened to me once and 1 reboot didn’t work, a second seems to get it back The dots on the display under the tire pressure card were grayed out.

No, their goal is not to "deliver FSD". Their goal is to " Sell cars, as many as possible". Things like these games are quirky and a "tesla talking point". .

Another "talking point" is the horrible customer service, lack of parts, long service appointment delays and other issues. No one has ever asked me about the games but when they ask about service and support I say, "look over here, I can make a fart noise under your seat and you can play games while charging" They then run out and buy a Tesla as all their concerns are gone.

First highway drive today with 2019.20.4.1

Lane changes markedly improved while on autopilot - no need to hold turn signal until across center line.

I've never had to do that. I got my Model 3 three months ago, so I only have experience with 2019.8.x and later builds, though. Perhaps you had to hold the turn signal down for an extended period with an earlier release and just kept doing it unnecessarily through several releases...?

Reactions: hcdavis3
srs5694: In the older version, one had to hold the blinker stalk down until the car was essentially over the stripes. If you released the stalk too soon the car would veer back into the original lane. Now one has to merely tap the stalk and let go - the vehicle changes lanes smoothly - no veer. Welcome change.

Never saw this mentioned in any Release notes.

2018 S100D

Looks like I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.