Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here anything about $14k rebate going? Tesla salespeople telling me it’s going

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I remember hearing a while ago about someone on the EV board who promised a large rebate to Tesla vehicles, something like that. He changed jobs the very next day.

I highly doubt they would cancel it now, especially when they are throwing money at new EV initiatives, like the one announced yesterday. But as you said - all bets are off after the election, especially if the Liberals lose.

Back to the OP’s actual question...

I’ve heard rumblings that it may be going away as well. That said, it would really surprise me if the Ontario government cancels this program before the provincial election in June. After that, all bets are off.

Demonizing anybody who's had some success, is the flavor of the day. So I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it scaled down to lower cost vehicles.

And, assuming polls are correct, the current government will not survive the next election. And I don't see the PCs continuing with the program in its current form.

The 14G rebate helps alot of people who are thinking of getting a new EV vehicle. Without it, EV sales will suffer. Or at least suffer with the version people want to get, but can no longer afford.
That 14G rebate goes a long way for people who want the Long range version of the 3. Without it, most people would have to settle with the standard version.

Hopefully it doesn't get completely chopped. Only time will tell...

side note - the average wait time to receive the 14K rebate has been about 6 months.

As of December, the government has assigned more people to process the rebates and get them out quicker so hopefully the wait gets cut down by at least a month or two ..

side note - the average wait time to receive the 14K rebate has been about 6 months.

As of December, the government has assigned more people to process the rebates and get them out quicker so hopefully the wait gets cut down by at least a month or two ..
I was told by the ministry in Dec. 2 months wait for car, and 6 months for charger. Hopefully next month I will have my $$.