Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery yesterday after a delay to fix an issue with the falcon door striker and latch. The moment I got it home, opened and closed the falcon doors so the kids could take a look, the thing starts complaining that the door isn't closed. I ended up driving it to the service center at opening this morning to get it fixed again I guess, so that's kind of annoying

On the other hand, about the Raven istself, this is a Long Range Performance Ludicrous model (Formerly P100D + Ludicrous). I charged to 80% last night which showed 240 miles of range this morning. Efficiency rating has been about 315-325wh/mi for the 80 or so miles I've driven it. The suspension is REALLY good, especially comparing it to the P90D loaner that they gave me. I've very happy with the new suspension and I'm very glad that I waited instead of getting something in inventory without it. My Monroney sticker listed it as Dual AC Induction, and 289 miles of range. I spoke with the service center and he pulled up data on the car itself and showed me where it's listed as PMSR so I'm thinking just a misprint of the monroney.

View attachment 416259
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

I have had my Model X Performance for almost a week now and have started my list of items to get fixed by the service center.

1) Driver Window goes down but then requires help to go back up again (No fix currently)

Overall small things, but first available service date was 7 days out in SoCal.

Had same issue on delivery and they loosened something inside the door and it's perfect now.

Hi @CoffeeMan
I am not a rich man, and this car is a huge investment for me. Not where it will hurt me, but enough where I care about getting a $1000 off. ;) To me, that just offsets the roughly 8K in aftermarket stuff I am having done. :cool:

Nor am I. I have been saving for this moment for longer than I can remember. Socking everything away that I could. And I agree that the $1k would help offset the aftermarket stuff I intend to do as well. Some of it already completed (eye candy for the X), other pending delivery (wrap or ceramic, chrome deletion and so on).

I wish you well and luck with your new baby as well. Perhaps one day our paths will cross we can laugh about what it was like to take delivery 'back in the day'.

:)

Just dropped off my new Raven model X at the detail shop to get the stealth PPF and chrome delete done.

Here are a couple pictures.

There was a snag with my order though. Even though my order form was updated to show carbon interior, that did not make it to the actual car. It arrived with the dark wood. I was very disappointed. However. I noticed that it had Ludicrous, and I did not order that. I said I would keep the car if they left the Ludicrous on it. The short result is I have Ludicrous, but it is not officially documented on the order. The manager said they have similar situations on some orders and they don't 'believe' it would get overwritten, but cannot guarantee it. My only concern with having an undocumented feature like this is if I had to bring it in for Warranty service at some point, and they denied some major covered repair because it had this undocumented feature loaded. The manager said he could guarantee that would not happen, just that it would not get removed at 'some point'. So... maybe I have free ludicrous for a while, or even for ever. I will just get the dash wrapped with a carbon film with the rest of my car, and hopefully have ludicrous for a while.

Here is pictures after I dropped it at the detail shop. Probably wont see it again for a week.
20190606_152002.jpg
20190606_152014.jpg

Some notes:

I did not see any issues with fit or finish. No issues with falcon doors. Seemed to accept charge on my new wall charger (did not leave it on for long). The new air suspension felt really smooth. I was very impressed with the ride, even in sport mode.

Also, I had ordered the alarm system upgrade, and it arrived the same day as the car was to be delivered. So they threw it in before driving it to my house, so don't have to go back for that.

Just dropped off my new Raven model X at the detail shop to get the stealth PPF and chrome delete done.

There was a snag with my order though. Even though my order form was updated to show carbon interior, that did not make it to the actual car. It arrived with the dark wood. I was very disappointed. However. I noticed that it had Ludicrous, and I did not order that. I said I would keep the car if they left the Ludicrous on it. The short result is I have Ludicrous, but it is not officially documented on the order. The manager said they have similar situations on some orders and they don't 'believe' it would get overwritten, but cannot guarantee it. My only concern with having an undocumented feature like this is if I had to bring it in for Warranty service at some point, and they denied some major covered repair because it had this undocumented feature loaded. The manager said he could guarantee that would not happen, just that it would not get removed at 'some point'. So... maybe I have free ludicrous for a while, or even for ever. I will just get the dash wrapped with a carbon film with the rest of my car, and hopefully have ludicrous for a while.

Here is pictures after I dropped it at the detail shop. Probably wont see it again for a week.
View attachment 416334 View attachment 416336

Some notes:

I did not see any issues with fit or finish. No issues with falcon doors. Seemed to accept charge on my new wall charger (did not leave it on for long). The new air suspension felt really smooth. I was very impressed with the ride, even in sport mode.

Also, I had ordered the alarm system upgrade, and it arrived the same day as the car was to be delivered. So they threw it in before driving it to my house, so don't have to go back for that.[/QUOTE looking forward to see pictures of the chrome delete. Same order as you and same plan :)

For those who have the new raven model X, can you let me know if you have any knocking noise from the front suspension when turning at slow speeds. I have this and it has been in the service centre for a week now. The tech agreed it’s not normal but the field engineer is claiming it is normal and they are not willing to do anything. Thinking about returning it.

• Informative
Reactions: Billstickers

Some notes:

Also, I had ordered the alarm system upgrade, and it arrived the same day as the car was to be delivered. So they threw it in before driving it to my house, so don't have to go back for that.
Congratulations! She's beautiful! :p

Reactions: Daisame
For those of you have taken delivery, how has the build quality been? Anything in particular we should be looking for still with the Model X or have they matured enough in the delivery that it's a moot point?

I had a buddy with me and we spent the better part of 2 hours inspecting everything. Couldn’t find much- 1 or 2 paint imperfections, some detailing wax smudged, one small scratch, a piece of door insulation that they hadn’t peeled the adhesive strip off of.

Felt like we had to turn something up after spending so much timesI could not be happier with the quality- These newer vehicles definitely feel dialed in.

The new suspension is pretty amazing and we couldn’t be happier.

Some notes:

Congratulations! -- Looks great!

Isn't ludicrous free ?

Raven Model X w/Ludicrous is scheduled to be delivered on 6/17. They just sent me a new order agreement and Ludicrous no longer shows on the order. They said that’s the only way they can provide the $20k discount. Is this how it worked for everyone else? I expected a $0 line item for Ludicrous on my order agreement.

Also, I asked that they confirm the referral I used. They told me that my order was associated with someone that I don’t even know. That my Owner Advisor put it on my order. Seems pretty suspicious to me. They are supposed to be getting the appropriate persons referral code onto my order.

Some notes:

Sure looks great...Congrats.

Tesla’s X has come a long way from it’s original run. My 103xxx is significantly better than my 3xxx and yours looks another step up.

Enjoy it!

Sure looks great...Congrats.

Tesla’s X has come a long way from it’s original run. My 103xxx is significantly better than my 3xxx and yours looks another step up.

Enjoy it!

Awesome. We had the same thought, comparing today's X to the one we passed on ordering back in 2016. Good to hear it ecchoed by an owner.

Raven Model X w/Ludicrous is scheduled to be delivered on 6/17. They just sent me a new order agreement and Ludicrous no longer shows on the order. They said that’s the only way they can provide the $20k discount. Is this how it worked for everyone else? I expected a $0 line item for Ludicrous on my order agreement.

Also, I asked that they confirm the referral I used. They told me that my order was associated with someone that I don’t even know. That my Owner Advisor put it on my order. Seems pretty suspicious to me. They are supposed to be getting the appropriate persons referral code onto my order.

Mine showed a $20,000 ludicrous line item, and the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement had a -$20,000 "price adjustment". It showed ludicrous the whole time

For those who have the new raven model X, can you let me know if you have any knocking noise from the front suspension when turning at slow speeds. I have this and it has been in the service centre for a week now. The tech agreed it’s not normal but the field engineer is claiming it is normal and they are not willing to do anything. Thinking about returning it.

I don’t have that issue. I would try and return it.

video?

Are they sure it's not something stupid like some wheel well cover pushpins missing? That seems to be pretty common (and can often only manifest itself while turning), and really easy to fix.