Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, I know it's hard to relax when you don't yet have your car, or solid info, but rest assured that Tesla will do everything it can to deliver as many outstanding orders by 6/30 as possible. We already know from leaked info that they are trying for a record quarter, and that sales & delivery are being incentivized to hit that record.

That's probably not super-reassuring for folks experiencing the cone of silence from Tesla, but it really is a thing.

Reactions: 19x100D
I'll bite ... what is the "no-zip call-in roulette"?

Discussed upthread a few times, or maybe in the Time of Delivery thread. If you call Tesla's main #, choose sales, then sales without a delivery date, you are asked for your zip code. That puts you through to your local delivery center, where presumably no one ever answers. If you instead just wait and do not enter a zip, you get the mothership. People answer there, and quickly. They also have insight into exactly where your car is at in the process (if you have a car assigned to you). They see this info well before it hits your Tesla account.

And to be clear, I'm not suggesting that everyone inundate Tesla with daily 'Dude, where's my car?' calls. But for example in my case, I needed the VIN and the updated MVPA in order to ensure that my third-party lender was ready to go before delivery. Calling in allowed me to get this info and I was all set to go when delivery came (and it came a few days earlier than initially anticipated, so this was crucial in my case).

Reactions: mongo and jdw
There is a drawback with them rushing to fulfill as many orders as possible by the end of this quarter, and that is... they are "rushing". There are bound to be more mistakes than normal and I would be thorough with your inspection of the car. No doubt the service center will fix things, but just plan on being higher number of defects when folks are rushing.

So....I just picked up my brand new Model X and noticed that i feel vibrations in the steering wheel when driving at all speeds and suspension heights. Wheel balancing issue? Shudder problem on ravens now?! Anyone else experience this with Ravens?

So....I just picked up my brand new Model X and noticed that i feel vibrations in the steering wheel when driving at all speeds and suspension heights. Wheel balancing issue? Shudder problem on ravens now?! Anyone else experience this with Ravens?

Troubleshooting via forum seems less productive than taking it back to service center and having them diagnose and solve the issue. If you are just asking if anyone else is having issues, I have not read any, and mine did not exhibit any issue with it either.

Troubleshooting via forum seems less productive than taking it back to service center and having them diagnose and solve the issue. If you are just asking if anyone else is having issues, I have not read any, and mine did not exhibit any issue with it either.

Checking to see if others had something similar. I've never owned or driven an X, but I have a 3 and that is smooth as silk. The X steering wheel just has vibrations like a wheel alignment/balance. It's very noticeable.

Checking to see if others had something similar. I've never owned or driven an X, but I have a 3 and that is smooth as silk. The X steering wheel just has vibrations like a wheel alignment/balance. It's very noticeable.

Update: Delivery rep was told from the service center to drive it for an additional 50 miles, if it persists, to schedule an appointment. More to come...

Update: Delivery rep was told from the service center to drive it for an additional 50 miles, if it persists, to schedule an appointment. More to come...

I am no mechanic, but that sounds like a brush off to me. I wonder how many issues like that disappear over a short break in period? I have had 3 other new cars before this one, none had anything like that. But... in 50 miles, you can take it back to them and hopefully they will get it taken care of. From what I have read, the service centers seem to do a pretty good job rectifying issues found after purchase. It must cost Tesla a small fortune to fix all the problems after delivery.

It's not a bad suggestion. It's possible the tires are flatspotted from being parked for too long. Check your tire pressure, then go for a highway trip at least 30 miles round trip. If the vibration doesn't go away by the end, there's a problem.

Update: The vibration has certainly diminished after driving for an extended period of time. I felt some slight vibrations around 75mph and 35mph, but it definitely was not as consistent as when I first drove it and has smoothed out. I made an appt nonetheless for a week from now just in case it gets worse. If nothing else I will cancel.

Unrelated - Apparently someone took the car for a bit of a joyride(?) as the music settings had the bass set to maximum and the most recent music choices were all 'old town road' stations, rock stations, and other hip hop scattered throughout. 68 Miles upon delivery, perhaps this was the 'test' driver?

Autopilot - I miss having navigate on autopilot as well as the ability for autopilot to change lanes....perhaps on the next discount for FSD i'll pick that up b/c they are nice additions to have in the 3.

iOS App - no ability to schedule service appts for the X, while the 3 does have the ability to schedule service appts within the app. Maybe this is on purpose when you have multiple vehicles? Weird.