Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received their refreshed Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine went in production one day after the refresh reveal which I'm getting. The car is currently on transport (to EU). As many others the delivery date is end of May - begin June. I expect to see many pictures at the end of this month :)

Mine went in production one day after the refresh reveal which I'm getting. The car is currently on transport (to EU). As many others the delivery date is end of May - begin June. I expect to see many pictures at the end of this month :)

Thats when the most Pictures are going to come out! At the end of this month I still dont know how I feel about the design. But what color did your order and which Battery Pack did you get?

Same, though mine is slated for June/Early July delivery, probably because I'm on the east coast. The best things are worth waiting for. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

I think there's another thread of people who have seen the refresh in showrooms already though.

I doubt the autopilot functionality will be much different from the classic S since it's the same hardware no?

Curious if anyone took delivery of the refreshed model S. Wonder how the autopilot is if anything changed?
As far as I know, no one who has seen the new S design up close has noticed a difference in the AP hardware except that the front radar is now hidden behind the new nose. I confirmed that by asking a long-time Tesla sales person I know about it.

However, I also heard from a Tesla employee that some people have seen two forward facing cameras at the top of the windshield, instead of one. But not in all the latest cars. So maybe Tesla is in the process of transitioning to dual front cameras. Maybe.

As far as I know, no one who has seen the new S design up close has noticed a difference in the AP hardware except that the front radar is now hidden behind the new nose. I confirmed that by asking a long-time Tesla sales person I know about it.

However, I also heard from a Tesla employee that some people have seen two forward facing cameras at the top of the windshield, instead of one. But not in all the latest cars. So maybe Tesla is in the process of transitioning to dual front cameras. Maybe.

Just saw one at the showroom yesterday for the Sunday Social and while I wasn't a fan of the new nose in the pictures I saw I have changed my mind after seeing it in person, it's an nice improvement. The frunk is very, very small due to the HEPA filter which I didn't like but I guess they had no choice. Only one camera not two (sorry @ecarfan). Also liked the new console and LED's. It's not that big of a refresh but the 90D range is significantly greater and, to me, that's the most important change.

On the other hand, people test driving the X yesterday were complaining about the seating and quality of the car. Little things like latches and handles were falling off or broken on the demo cars. That was sad.

Thats when the most Pictures are going to come out! At the end of this month I still dont know how I feel about the design. But what color did your order and which Battery Pack did you get?

Ordered an MS 70 with deep blue metallic. I'm very curious for the frunk space as all models in the shops are red AWD vehicles.
All the people who saw it in real life say it's much nicer than on camera.

First deliveries will be European cars. I was in the factory the day after the reveal and must have seen 75+ cars with the Euro plates coming off the line. Although, I did see one P90DL (White) sitting in Fremont (corporate car). All the rest were Red 70s allocated for the stores.

I'm targeting a July/Aug delivery. Not saying anything about a bigger battery or ventilated seats.... I do know that Tesla's focus for 2Q is all about the Model X.

• Love
Reactions: gsxdsm
Just a little tidbit.... This past Sunday, while I was driving North from LA, I saw a car hauler loaded with refreshed Model S's.... It was parked at Anderson's Pea Soup in Santa Nella. Am I sure? Ive been looking at photos of the new (and classic) model S about 500 times a day for several months. Still waiting for mine in June or July!

A coworker of my wife's has the refreshed S in the same color as ours (and parks beside ours). Sadly, she really likes the redesigned front and lights. I love the idea of the HEPA filter and the new lights. They released the refresh before our car even turned 1 month (which I assume happened to a lot of people as well).

Curious what the cost of selling the "old" to get into the refreshed look would be.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Texas and Adm