Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone refusing last software update - speed limit restriction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the service center who said they can not over write the pending update (zero update) so I installed it last night. The SC indicated the new update will deploy once the previous one was installed (hopefully soon).
That was not my experience. I sat at 2.44.121 since early November and just kept dismissing the update panel and ignoring the phone notifications. I did email Support and they said they would let the right people know my request to go right to the latest update but I did not hear back. I then contacted my local Service center who was able to check that the latest update was ready to go, so somebody is able to update a newer package before an older package is installed but maybe only from the mothership.

OMG
You are telling me my SC told me something absolutely as fact yet they were completely wrong????
I simply can not believe that. No way. No how. These are experts. Do not try this stuff at home types.

:)
No surprise there. Thanks for the info Gwgan. Hopefully I will not have to live with the PITA update for too long before the new one is pushed. Perhaps I'll just stop back by the SC and ask that they push the latest. They have done this for me in the past so it is less likely I will get the blow off.

And now everyone will go back to raving about how great it is to be restricted to 5 over... compared to no restriction at all when we bought our cars. Never mind that the car usually has no clue what the speed limit is, so the "5 over" could still be "50 under"
Just like when people go out of the country and get a huge cell phone bill from unknowingly roaming on data. I know of someone that came back from Europe with an $1800 bill...they got it reduced to $900 and thought that they had won?
At a fight, instead of getting shot....you only got stabbed :)

I think that if they had removed the offset limit altogether, it would have been more dangerous.

I like to believe it is more a give and take, that Tesla has to modify (and will do so) their AP software's behavior as needed, and we can almost all agree going too fast in an suburban (residential) neighborhood or divided lanes needed to be mitigated to eliminate the suspicion that the vehicle was operating even semi-autonomously at what would definitively be defined as an unsafe speed. While most follow the speed limits, we can all agree there are times that the flow of traffic does exceed the posted speed limits, even the local and state law enforcement agencies know that.

This is a compromise on the part of Tesla, attempting to keep both judicial municipalities and customers happy. I am glad they looked at what they had done and came to the best conclusion.