Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone taking delivery of Model Y this week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unacceptable to me. If you are able to go through the pain on returning that's what I would do vs fighting service forever to try and make it right. If it was just stuff to clean up I'd probably keep it but if you are not happy with the panels I think service is going to struggle to get all those fixed.
I don’t think it would be an issue returning it, but based off what they told me, I wouldn’t be able to order another model Y for a year. To clarify, I would not be eligible to order a Model Y under my name for one year. I initially thought she was saying it would take a year for the order to be filled, but no.

What was your VIN #? Just curious if you got one of the 1st off of the line.
My initial order was in the 1k range, but when they received it, it was missing a piece and going to delay my pickup. They had no ET when the vehicle would be ready so I told them to cancel the order. Then they asked me if I would be interested in a different color if available within the next few days. I said sure and would even upgrade to the performance version. They called back two hours later and told me they had a blue pup that I could pickup that day. So I agreed. So short answer long :) the one I picked up is in the 400s

I took the model y to the shop the was going to wrap it (PPF) because I figured they would noticed frame issue better then me. They did point out a few things that I didn’t notice and explained that the panels should be easily fixed by Tesla. He did suggest, if possible, compare it to others being delivered and see if they have the same issues. He also told they saw similar issue with model 3s when they first started and the majority of them were fixed by Tesla. I think I may keep it... I have five days left to decide.

I took delivery of my MSM LR AWD Model Y (Vin:48XX) today at Carlsbad, one month exactly after I placed my order. The process was quick and easy. I even changed things up on them 2 days ago deciding to trade in my car because with the coronavirus my other selling options fell through, and within 2 hours had an offer and my contract updated.

Thanks to all the current owners for posting all their first hand information and keeping me informed the last year and a half

I also took delivery of my MSM LR AWD IW FSD Model Y (Vin32XX) today in Lynwood, WA. Placed my order within a minute of orders opening up on announcement. Also quick and easy (no trade-in). A couple of signatures on a clip board, handed it through the window to an employee, a few minutes of configuration, and I was on my way out the door (so to speak as I never went inside the building).

Yikes! Well, I was extremely excite to get my vin# and schedule the delivery for next Tuesday, for the performance version UNTIL.... I saw the vin# and reading about some of the alignments and paint issues. My vin is 03XX, in the 300s. THAT really doesn't makes me worry :(. I see issues in Y's with vin# in the 3xxx. Wondering how many issues I'm gonna find. Still excited, but now also worry.

Maybe you will be better off actually, with them that low they were probably looking at them more in depth.

Mine has disappeared from the account page, replaced with "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date."

I talked to someone on the phone last night who said it would be in my driveway between 10-5pm today. Not sure if that changed, or just another web site glitch. I guess I'll know one way or another in the next 4 and half hours...

I did show up at 4:30 :)

image_from_ios.jpg

For those of you waiting on delivery, don’t panic about build quality of the Model Y. Not all of the vehicles have major issues and, in my experience as an early adopter of the Model S, the Tesla service team is very willing to correct them. I took delivery of a blue LR Y this week with a VIN in the 500s and had very few defects aside from some paint/weld issues under the rear trunk liftgate. The Charlotte center will fix them next week in addition to installing the Homelink kit.

Hopefully you all receive your deliveries soon and stay healthy in the meantime!

Picked up a Dual Motor on Thursday in Kansas City. Road tripped home about 450 mile to SW Oklahoma, stopping twice to charge. The touchless delivery process was painless. Walked up to the car (only Model Y parked outside), and miraculously my Tesla app went “live” and I was able to open the door. A folder was waiting inside, signed one piece of paper, then dropped it in the night-drop box. Car was charged to 96%, and away I drove. This is my first Tesla.
58D00A91-66A2-4FAF-8EC4-CA721736BFF4.png

Picked up a Dual Motor on Thursday in Kansas City. Road tripped home about 450 mile to SW Oklahoma, stopping twice to charge. The touchless delivery process was painless. Walked up to the car (only Model Y parked outside), and miraculously my Tesla app went “live” and I was able to open the door. A folder was waiting inside, signed one piece of paper, then dropped it in the night-drop box. Car was charged to 96%, and away I drove. This is my first Tesla. View attachment 526758
That blue looks amazing ... i am beginning to reconsider the white version I ordered.

Yikes! Well, I was extremely excite to get my vin# and schedule the delivery for next Tuesday, for the performance version UNTIL.... I saw the vin# and reading about some of the alignments and paint issues. My vin is 03XX, in the 300s. THAT really doesn't makes me worry :(. I see issues in Y's with vin# in the 3xxx. Wondering how many issues I'm gonna find. Still excited, but now also worry.

My VIN is in the 300s, and so I was a little worried before receiving my Y. But overall, the build quality is as good as I could hope for. It's not perfect, of course, but there's nothing seriously wrong with it.

Welcome home Shadow Hunter! Car is well put together! All panels lined up Vin 18xx there was one there that had issue for sure it’s front fender was way off however Rockville did amazing! Everyone kept distance and had everything ready! Congratulations to everyone taking delivery hopefully can bring some joy to people with all the darkness and sadness going on.
791FF919-89F8-4265-846E-A59336DF0068.jpeg

I just got an email, they removed my VIN from the site, although its still in the source code. They then said its still I'm Fremont, waiting on a truck for delivery for next weekend. very strange... A bit pissed as I was all excited and ready to go for tomorrow :(

Last edited: