Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone taking delivery of Model Y this week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For you guys waiting out there, here are some more real world shots.

IMG_4956.jpg
IMG_4957.jpg
IMG_4959.jpg
IMG_4961.jpg
IMG_4967.jpg
IMG_4972.jpg

I get mine tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it. Got my notification on Monday which helped me get through a very rough day (had unexpected surgery in the middle of all this other mess). I know it's a silly thing to say a delivery notification helped me through a rough day, but it really gave me something to focus on and look forward to in a day where I was honestly a bit scared and the Coronavirus precautions were making me feel more alone then I would have liked. Fortunately everything went well and I'm home with my family recovering and looking forward to tomorrow.

LR MSM FSD IW

Did you model Y come pre-tinted? That white one has some decently dark tint on the 2nd row, whereas the model 3 I have came with no factory tint difference between 1st and 2nd row I’m hoping to hear it came tinted from Tesla, rather than having to get it tinted aftermarket.

Reactions: rafacq
All Y’s come with darker tinted windows for the second row. Very typical for all SUVs and CUVs these days. Sometimes it looks a little weird though, very noticeable on the Y, but so many states have tint restrictions for front windows. For some reason, darker tinted rear windows are not the norm for sedans.
I would tint everything anyway for a more consistent look, and a very noticeable reduction in cabin noise. And it can even help in accident or theft situations by keeping shattered glass better contained.

• Informative
Reactions: rafacq and beezy
they make matte black vinyl stickers. I have them on mine, since I tried to black out as much chrome as I could.

[rant]
when you design a logo, you have to think about a lot of things. sharp angles are a bad thing especially if its a 'touch' item, like our steering wheels. if you even try to apply stickers, you'll always have issues with the lower sharp 'T' point; and on the steering wheel, where I did apply a black decal, its not wearing well or staying put.

their logo is 'ok' but they just didn't fully think it thru. then again, most companies get it wrong and have atrocious logo designs.
[/rant]

Did you model Y come pre-tinted? That white one has some decently dark tint on the 2nd row, whereas the model 3 I have came with no factory tint difference between 1st and 2nd row I’m hoping to hear it came tinted from Tesla, rather than having to get it tinted aftermarket.

A lot of states have rules that don't allow tinting even on the back windows, so cars can't come from the factory tinted, unless they make them different for different states. In all states trucks/SUVs can have all but the front windows tinted, so pretty much all manufacturers tint the windows behind the first row in them.

Wow fit and finish looks really good from these photos at least. How is it irl?

IMO, for a $60K+ car, it's not as good as it should be. I posted this earlier on another thread and I don't think these are deal breakers, but coming from years of German cars, I've never seen any of these issues at this price point. Not trying to be controversial just honest -- I'm new to Tesla and still pretty objective.

Misaligned rear door / misaligned trim / unfinished sheet metal / paint respray:

IMG_4806.jpg
60650577871__BDF76492-73E5-4B26-A02F-985EBF79A706.jpg
IMG_4803.jpg
IMG_4810.jpg

I agree with the quality concerns, in fact saw the MY (6 of them) in delivery center today for first time and issues visible from 6’ distance were alarming. These cars have minimalist designs and like modern cabinetry, any misalignment is easy to see. I posted pictures in PNW deliveries thread PNW Delivery?

I’m still trying to wrap my head around how the multiple dents and bent hoods occurred on these MY samples. For one, why does Tesla not put plastic sheeting on the front bumpers and hoods on their newest car during transport (these are not the standard-range non-prem models with free white paint mind you) while they continue to do so on MS and MX? For anyone taking delivery, inspect your cars thoroughly!

ouch.

yeah, I see what you mean. damn. ;(

clearly, they are in a rush to get these out.

would I have done that if I were elon? no. I would not ship cars like that. but, well, I guess he did.

damn.

"due bill"

I agree with the quality concerns, in fact saw the MY (6 of them) in delivery center today for first time and issues visible from 6’ distance were alarming. These cars have minimalist designs and like modern cabinetry, any misalignment is easy to see. I posted pictures in PNW deliveries thread PNW Delivery?

I’m still trying to wrap my head around how the multiple dents and bent hoods occurred on these MY samples. For one, why does Tesla not put plastic sheeting on the front bumpers and hoods on their newest car during transport (these are not the standard-range non-prem models with free white paint mind you) while they continue to do so on MS and MX? For anyone taking delivery, inspect your cars thoroughly!

Yeah it's not perfect but not bad enough to ruin enjoyment of the vehicle. I'll probably ask Tesla to adjust some panels post Covid-19 lockdown. Luckily we did not have any dents and only a few microscopic scratches. We DID have black marks from -- I'm guessing -- transport tie-downs which we were able to polish out. Overall the paint cleaned up nicely with minimal work.