Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 Autopark Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never said AP EAP isn't potentially dangerous, please don't put words in my mouth. Anything vehicle moving at high speed is potentially dangerous. I took issue with your description of the AP2 Summon implementation as dangerous based on your description that the car moving at slow speed almost hit one of your garage door pillars but you stopped it in time by using the fob as designed. That's the hyperbole I was talking about.

The fact your car worked fine for summon-in today is interesting. Clearly something was different, either in the physical environment, sensors or software environment. Trying to determine what is working (or not) and why in a case like this takes methodical fault isolation and root cause analysis. Good on you for letting Tesla know so they can troubleshoot on their end!

Haha nice. Love when it works. Still there are some pretty disconcerting Summon Beta posts out there.

Last week, my wife had an accident while engaging auto park to back into a parking spot in a parking structure. We had been using auto park since its inception in 2015. It had been working well for us. We loved the convenience it gave us. But our luck ended last Thursday. It started well. It was in a company park structure. My wife found a spot, and passed it. Tesla detected to spot and showed the "P" sign. My wife engaged reverse gear, and press start to engage auto park. Tesla started backing toward the spot, but suddenly accelerated quickly, and before my wife could react on it, it smashed right into a parked car on the left rear. Tesla had a big dent at the bumper, with rear back light broken. The other car had even a bigger dent. From the damages, the force was pretty big. To me, it looked like there was a glitch in the sensor or software that had caused this. This needs to be taken seriously.

Auto park on AP 1 hardware has been flawless for me up to the time that I stopped using it. I no longer use auto park given all of the reports where Teslas have crashed into walls and other cars in cases where the system clearly should have been able to handle it....

But the failure of auto park in seemingly typical and straight forward situations is simply unacceptable.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyF4