Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arbitration: 90d rapid battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was originally thinking that you may be able to get them on false advertising as they are listing a product with a false range value but they cover themselves with the blanket statement (bold added by me):

"Figures based on testing new vehicles to EPA standards. Vehicle range may change depending on battery age and condition, vehicle configuration, driving style, environmental and climate change."

By that logic, they can sell a used car that gets a max of 100 miles at 100% and be in the clear because they don't have any guarantee for a % of range loss in the S and X.

If they were being truly ethical, they would either post the car's actual range at 100% or just show a photo of it for used cars.
Where did you find that statement?

It sounds like Tesla thinks you have a P90D instead of a standard 90D. Any chance that is the case?
No...they are lying. They even have a photo of the Monroney sticker it says 270 on it. but all the used 90d on the Tesla website all show 294.

here is one I found online, that shows 294 as we all know it to be.

Monroney_5YJSA1E21GF160969.png

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and croman
Good luck, but I don’t see an obvious path to success for you. S/X battery warranty clearly does not cover degradation. Just failures. Arbitration isn’t gonna go any deeper than that.

The path is easy. It’s an undocumented failure. Not normal degradation. In all filings and complaints, refer to it as battery failure.

11-5-2019 9-33-50 AM.png
Hmm...it does appear the 2015 90D had a rated range of 270 (at least according to FuelEconomy.gov). Really makes you wonder what changed between the '15 and '16 to improve the range so much.

Compare Side-by-Side
My car was a 3/2016....every car Tesla sells whether 2015/2016 pre-refresh or post refresh says 294. The pack is exactly the same they kept tweaking the software. Feeling like Tesla is a fraudster!
11-5-2019 9-33-50 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: ahhlun
Hmm...it does appear the 2015 90D had a rated range of 270 (at least according to FuelEconomy.gov). Really makes you wonder what changed between the '15 and '16 to improve the range so much.

Compare Side-by-Side

My understanding is that when tesla first introduced the 90 battery pack they simply left the EPA mileage rating at the advertised range of the 85 (manufacturers are allowed to understate mileage but not overstate it.

My understanding is that they updated the range a couple times, and eventually settled on the post-facelift range of 294.

I don't have the original window sticker of my car but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 270, 288, or 294.

Reactions: liuping