Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arbitration: 90d rapid battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that it matters much (I dont think), but I have a 2017 90D with 10,700 miles on it. It is V3. My 100% is ~281 at last check. (two months ago). Real NOT the "ideal" or "projected" or whatever the optimistic reading setting is called. I charge to 75% 99% of the time, and charge at home on 240v. Plugged in every night/all night and most of the day until I go out somewhere. I dont think the battery level has ever gotten below 15%. If it has, it was..once. I supercharge maybe twice a year. At most.

Not that it matters much (I dont think), but I have a 2017 90D with 10,700 miles on it. It is V3. My 100% is ~281 at last check. (two months ago). Real NOT the "ideal" or "projected" or whatever the optimistic reading setting is called. I charge to 75% 99% of the time, and charge at home on 240v. Plugged in every night/all night and most of the day until I go out somewhere. I dont think the battery level has ever gotten below 15%. If it has, it was..once. I supercharge maybe twice a year. At most.

I'd guess that 30% of my charging is supercharging. I've got an early 2016 90D with 61k miles. This past year it's alternated between charging at 20a/240v, 15a/110v, and supercharging. Prior to that I'd mostly charge at a public 208v/30a charger a couple times per week.

When I first got it 2 years ago with 45k miles, sometimes it'd say that the 100% was 281 and the 90% would show 250 miles.

A couple days ago I charged it to 100%ish (it said 100% but was still charging) -- it displayed 275 though in less than a 5th of a mile went to 274 rated miles. The car still supercharges about the same as it did before.

So in the past 2 years / 16k miles I've lost 2% of my range (presuming I had 288 to begin with), and overall the car's lost almost 5%.

I rarely let it get below 50% for long, typically charge it to 80% or sometimes 90%.

I guess I consider myself lucky.