Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are all these new posters really real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, therefor I am - Descartes.

😇

I suggest a simple explanation: Some of the posters you refer to are like myself. Ergo, let me explain:

I, and 4-5 others I chat with, placed orders for Tesla despite EV orders for other vehicles within days of Elon dropped pricing. For many an abrupt decision with an absence of detail to support it. But, at worst case we risked $250. Best care we capture $7,500 tax credit and obtained a car with an amazing reputation at a very attractive price. Hey, a $20k price swing? The risk reward was no-brainer for all of us, and expect the world reacted as I did. $12B in global sales in 2 weeks makes a pretty strong case for same, yes?

However, Telsa does not make learning about car features easy. No list is published, and personally I knew more about EV's then my Tesla SA did. Clearly research was needed! Personally, I've learned that an active forum is the world's best way to get quality answers. Sure, I sometimes have to weather the fanboy who gets offended if his darling Tesla is criticized, but most adults know that all vehicles are compromises and happily share what they love, hate, and know about their car.

This forum has been much like that. I asked about safety features and was stunned to learn Tesla was missing rear cross traffic and BSA in the mirrors. For a few, maybe 10%, you'd have thought I shot the pope. But 90% were exceptionally helpful. The "not helpful" typically responded with "The Tesla is not for you", as if somehow they knew my use case and functional requirements.

I suggest most of what you're seeing is just similar. A lot of folks that know EV's well but didn't know Tesla well. Nothing nefarious, just folks looking for hard answers.

Me? My MYLR is getting PPF installed as I type this, and in part because of those 90% that helped me get answers! Does it have compromises? Quite a few. but IMHO it had by far the most compelling price/benefit story available.
another classic example of people who bought their Tesla cars without fully knowing/test driving the car and then complain about it. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't make the car horrible. Also, if others disagree with your complaint, it doesn't make them "fanboys".

• Disagree
Reactions: Noflash
I think, therefor I am - Descartes.

😇

I suggest a simple explanation: Some of the posters you refer to are like myself. Ergo, let me explain:

I, and 4-5 others I chat with, placed orders for Tesla despite EV orders for other vehicles within days of Elon dropped pricing. For many an abrupt decision with an absence of detail to support it. But, at worst case we risked $250. Best care we capture $7,500 tax credit and obtained a car with an amazing reputation at a very attractive price. Hey, a $20k price swing? The risk reward was no-brainer for all of us, and expect the world reacted as I did. $12B in global sales in 2 weeks makes a pretty strong case for same, yes?

However, Telsa does not make learning about car features easy. No list is published, and personally I knew more about EV's then my Tesla SA did. Clearly research was needed! Personally, I've learned that an active forum is the world's best way to get quality answers. Sure, I sometimes have to weather the fanboy who gets offended if his darling Tesla is criticized, but most adults know that all vehicles are compromises and happily share what they love, hate, and know about their car.

This forum has been much like that. I asked about safety features and was stunned to learn Tesla was missing rear cross traffic and BSA in the mirrors. For a few, maybe 10%, you'd have thought I shot the pope. But 90% were exceptionally helpful. The "not helpful" typically responded with "The Tesla is not for you", as if somehow they knew my use case and functional requirements.

I suggest most of what you're seeing is just similar. A lot of folks that know EV's well but didn't know Tesla well. Nothing nefarious, just folks looking for hard answers.

Me? My MYLR is getting PPF installed as I type this, and in part because of those 90% that helped me get answers! Does it have compromises? Quite a few. but IMHO it had by far the most compelling price/benefit story available.

I actually remember when you joined, the thread you are talking about, and the responses. It was pretty clear to me at the time that you were a real person asking real questions about a real purchase that you were contemplating.

The minute someone start throwing out the word "Fanboy" (which I suggest you stop doing, btw), it triggers a pretty specific type of response. It triggers the same response when someone is called a Tesla short seller or shill just because they have negative opinions. I think both terms need to go, personally.

mod, you hit the nail with that entitlement comment. if you look at the demographics, most tesla owners are millennial/gen-z which predominantly make up the me culture. these are probably the same people demanding compensation for the price drop even though they signed a legally binding contract. instead of accepting responsibility for their own actions they go so far as put up change.org petitions. don't get me wrong, i'm not immune to some of that me koolaid but this is the reality of a tesla forum and things like this come with the territory. just look at the in-depth delivery check list that people come up with.

i would be curious though as to the number of new registrations since the price drop on 1/13...i would be willing to bet its a pretty large jump?

Reactions: nate704
I actually remember when you joined, the thread you are talking about, and the responses. It was pretty clear to me at the time that you were a real person asking real questions about a real purchase that you were contemplating.

The minute someone start throwing out the word "Fanboy" (which I suggest you stop doing, btw), it triggers a pretty specific type of response. It triggers the same response when someone is called a Tesla short seller or shill just because they have negative opinions. I think both terms need to go, personally.

Fair comment. Keep in mind I also suggest that 90% of this forum are pretty helpful. Nope, I didn't count. I assume most know editorial enhancement.

Have a great day!

-d

There is a strong, blind, echo chamber vibe that's off putting just as much as the shouting at tesla clouds grumps.

There's a few on here that want to live in a echo chamber and attack anyone that voices problems or issues with the cars.
Even more, if you like another ev, you're attacked for that as well.

There is a lot of interesting tech and diy stuff that seems to be developing beyond aftermarket add-ons (those can be great too).
Understandable these are relatively new so it's rare to really get into tech but it seems to be slowly growing from minor fixes and problems to deeper diy stuff.

Most -if not all - of the ones I've seen stated they had not purchased the car.
Should ask for VIN# photo of the vehicle they tested. That is what I did when I posted my review of the new Model Y
04897913-3B9B-4D35-9074-778613095A0E.jpeg

Here's my ChatGPT generated antagonizing review. In the name of research lol.

Hey Tesla fanboys and girls,

I just had the misfortune of test driving the so-called "wonder car" that is the Tesla Model Y, and let me tell you, it was a total disappointment. I mean, what is all the hype about? I'm not sure if it's because of the name brand or if people are just jumping on the electric car bandwagon, but this car just doesn't live up to the hype.

First of all, the seating was just plain uncomfortable. It's like the designers didn't even consider the ergonomics of the car. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be sitting in a seat that feels like a brick. Plus, the driving position was awkward and cramped. It felt like I was in a clown car or something.

Secondly, the ride was just plain terrible. I mean, if you like being jostled around and feeling like you're in a go-kart, then sure, go ahead and buy a Model Y. But for me, it was just too bumpy and unstable. And let's not forget about the awful noise the car makes - it sounds like a lawn mower on steroids.

Lastly, the touchscreen is just plain dangerous. It's like Tesla is trying to kill you with distractions while you're driving. Who needs buttons and knobs when you can have a giant tablet in the center console that takes your eyes off the road every time you need to adjust something? And don't even get me started on the lack of physical buttons for essential functions like windshield wipers and climate control.

In conclusion, the Tesla Model Y is a complete and utter disappointment. I'm not sure why anyone would waste their hard-earned money on such a subpar vehicle. If you're looking for a real electric car that delivers on performance and comfort, look elsewhere.

I just had the misfortune of test driving the so-called "wonder car" that is the Tesla Model Y, and let me tell you, it was a total disappointment. I mean, what is all the hype about? I'm not sure if it's because of the name brand or if people are just jumping on the electric car bandwagon, but this car just doesn't live up to the hype.

First of all, the seating was just plain uncomfortable. It's like the designers didn't even consider the ergonomics of the car. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be sitting in a seat that feels like a brick. Plus, the driving position was awkward and cramped. It felt like I was in a clown car or something.

Secondly, the ride was just plain terrible. I mean, if you like being jostled around and feeling like you're in a go-kart, then sure, go ahead and buy a Model Y. But for me, it was just too bumpy and unstable. And let's not forget about the awful noise the car makes - it sounds like a lawn mower on steroids.

Lastly, the touchscreen is just plain dangerous. It's like Tesla is trying to kill you with distractions while you're driving. Who needs buttons and knobs when you can have a giant tablet in the center console that takes your eyes off the road every time you need to adjust something? And don't even get me started on the lack of physical buttons for essential functions like windshield wipers and climate control.

In conclusion, the Tesla Model Y is a complete and utter disappointment. I'm not sure why anyone would waste their hard-earned money on such a subpar vehicle. If you're looking for a real electric car that delivers on performance and comfort, look elsewhere.
Wow, crazy. Bet it's not hard if you know what you're doing. I'm sure some pointy heads (Whoops can I say that? :cool:) are diligently working on ways to ferret these out too - fueling another arms race!

Reactions: ilovecoffee

i'm pretty sure i read this somewhere before...either on this forum or another one.

Reactions: richyrich
For the record I’ve seen evidence of agencies who will pay per upvote for on-topic posts from high-karma posters on Reddit, including anti-Tesla stuff. It’s totally believable that this would happen for popular forum sites too. It’s well worth the many hater organizations to spend a few thousand, even if it just dissuades a few buyers each day. It also of course builds an everlasting knowledge base as well, as these posts never go away and many people take “honest views from real people” that they “research” and “discover” on sites like this over facts.

Reactions: enemji
Anyone noticing an influx of new members posting the same theme in replies and as new threads? It goes along the format of:
  • Typically a long post
  • Sing-songy organization. Starts off lauding a Tesla car and then transitions into negatives and ends with something like "nobody should buy this."
  • Often conflicting statements throughout and littered with criticism of a Tesla disguised as an attempt at praise.

Seems very similar to fake accounts one finds on Facebook where numerous fake accounts will be coordinated to create the impression of a (false) mass negative opinion on something. I'm seeing a lot here in the past couple weeks that fit the organization described above and are all very new accounts.
TYL one can have a nuanced opinion on a Tesla.

This said. I can imagine that other brands lead an anti-Tesla social media strategy. Not sure why one specificic brand or organisation would take this lead, but I can imagine that this happens.

Reactions: richyrich
Status
Not open for further replies.