Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1623559_10100385543779461_86712877_n.jpg

Buckeye is getting close!

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but the Supercharger list in my car shows 114 miles to Flagstaff from my home. When I select Navigate, the distance to Flagstaff shows 142 miles. Is this the "as the crow flies" distance vs the road distance? On the other hand, the car list 142 miles to Kingman and the navigation range shows 142 miles. So, this simply means that the crow and the road distances are the same?

Not knowing where in Surprise you are, I Googlemapped "Surprise" and the SpC, and get 142 miles, with no alternate route dropping below that #. That 114 has got to be a spurious datum...

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but the Supercharger list in my car shows 114 miles to Flagstaff from my home. When I select Navigate, the distance to Flagstaff shows 142 miles. Is this the "as the crow flies" distance vs the road distance? On the other hand, the car list 142 miles to Kingman and the navigation range shows 142 miles. So, this simply means that the crow and the road distances are the same?

Yes, initial distances before you select Navigate are "as the crow flies", i.e straight lines from your current distance.

I've written to Tesla and requested a Supercharger in Page AZ. The often used north south route PHX to Salt Lake Utah I-17-US 89 to I-15. Page AZ seems like a natural place of a supercharger. It would also allow eastern travel towards Blanding UT if coming from Salt Lake City. 200 miles!

I've written to Tesla and requested a Supercharger in Page AZ.

I agree that Page would be a natural. And.....they've got a few terawatts of electricity right there....

More seriously, it's still 213 miles between there and the logical site of Cove Fort, UT - a location the Utah SpC thread people have discussed as a keystone for the state. That's the western terminus of I-70 and I-15. Makes travel in a 60 difficult, but my recollection is that even with fairly significant elevation changes, it shouldn't pose a problem for an 85.

Last edited:
Page is a great place for a Supercharger. Add Kayenta to the list, too: it cuts 180 miles out of the current Four Corners S-curve for transcontinental road trippers and opens all the fabulous landscapes between Blanding and Flagstaff to Model S touring.

I went south today to the Carl's Jr. in Casa Grande AZ for lunch. No construction there, although there are some good stall locations should a supercharger installation occur at Carl's Jr.
I was hoping to catch a crew beginning construction or at least the signs of a SC start there. NOTHING YET! Darn the luck!

I went south today to the Carl's Jr. in Casa Grande AZ for lunch. No construction there, although there are some good stall locations should a supercharger installation occur at Carl's Jr.
I was hoping to catch a crew beginning construction or at least the signs of a SC start there. NOTHING YET! Darn the luck!
The Arizona Tesla community appreciates your dedication to updates on Arizona Superchargers. I doubt, however, that we are likely to see much activity in Casa Grande until permits are issued (and we have no indication yet of even an application for such). I wonder if Carl's Jr will be the location and wonder if the manager might know of what's in the future. After the Holbrook fiasco, maybe we need to ask all of the Burger King managers about possible superchargers.

The issue in Holbrook AZ, as I understand it was with available power at that {Carl's Jr} particular piece of real estate. There just wasn't enough power and/or ability to place a transformer in an appropriate location so Tesla HAD to look elsewhere. Now, with that said, it may have been a very good thing to branch out to Burger King owners. Not every easy on-off freeway good location has a Carl's Jr-Burger King! I hope that many, many store location owners will be working with Tesla to have superchargers ubiquitously located!!

I posted a few new photos of Yuma AZ on The Yuma AZ thread.

Last edited:
I agree that Page would be a natural. And.....they've got a few terawatts of electricity right there....

More seriously, it's still 213 miles between there and the logical site of Cove Fort, UT - a location the Utah SpC thread people have discussed as a keystone for the state. That's the western terminus of I-70 and I-15. Makes travel in a 60 difficult, but my recollection is that even with fairly significant elevation changes, it shouldn't pose a problem for an 85.

It looks to me that the 2014 red dots are on Salina and Beaver. The junction of 15 and 70 isn't such a big deal because people going between I-70 and points north on 15 will take the US-50 cutoff to Salina on I-70.

Wow! Great clear pictures! They have made a lot of progress at this site!! These photos also really give some perspective to the site. Keep the pictures coming, they are nice so see when you can't be there to check the progress in person. Do you think this site will be finished energized before Las Vegas NV or San Juan Capistrano CA. Gila Bend should be right behind Buckeye AZ in getting energized by the way things are going right now!! Many thanks for the photos, especially the photos showing the site with the Carl's Jr in the background!!! It helps show "The Big picture!!!!!"

Buckeye Supercharger Update!

Per one of the workers, Buckeye is within days of being ready for a final inspection and expects it should be energized within 1-2 weeks. I want to be the first one to charge here! :) Also posted to the Buckeye supercharger thread.

photo.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, the spaces are not reserved but are marked for "general parking". Minor disappointment.

Per one of the workers, Buckeye is within days of being ready for a final inspection and expects it should be energized within 1-2 weeks. I want to be the first one to charge here! :) Also posted to the Buckeye supercharger thread.
Unfortunately, the spaces are not reserved but are marked for "general parking". Minor disappointment.
At least they used a block wall rather than the cheapo wood siding.