Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Article: tesla-announces-35000-car-shows-50000-car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will save people from having to click on a SA story but it's assumption junction as usual down to claiming the paint options that were shown are going to be a premium option.
So is the glass roof, the various rims, dual motor, possibly performance version, Supercharger enabled, Autopilot enabled, etc. Plus they can't possibly know how much the car costs. The drivers that have been in all the videos posted have been upfront whether they're in a dual motor version. Move along nothing to see here.

Reactions: houdini
I've seen previous posts about various Seeking Alpha hit pieces, and when I saw this article earlier today, I glanced at the first few paragraphs and skipped the rest. Obviously another troll article. (Every TV commercial shows a decked out car and mentioned the starting price, how is this news?)

I'm not familiar with Seeking Alpha's background - what is it with this outlet? I see that they're desperately trying to badmouth TSLA as much as they can, but why? Are they shorting stock? Are they affiliated with competitors?

Reactions: S'toon
I've seen previous posts about various Seeking Alpha hit pieces, and when I saw this article earlier today, I glanced at the first few paragraphs and skipped the rest. Obviously another troll article. (Every TV commercial shows a decked out car and mentioned the starting price, how is this news?)

I'm not familiar with Seeking Alpha's background - what is it with this outlet? I see that they're desperately trying to badmouth TSLA as much as they can, but why? Are they shorting stock? Are they affiliated with competitors?

Bottom of the article:
"Disclosure: I am/we are short TSLA."

Short stock, wirte slams, Profit??

Being short by itself is not a problem... I read just to see if I've missed something. A different perspective can be quite informative.

However, a number of Seeking Alpha essay writers have gone quite overboard in their attacks on the stock at this point.

Most of the 'will be optional' speculation seemed logical, however one thing mentioned in the article stood out to me. Unlike the Model S's glass sunroof option, the 3's glass sunroof is quite short, and the rear window glass runs from the B pillar all the way to the trunk. If the sunroof were optional and a metal roof were standard the roof would still be mostly glass. It would make more sense to offer the option of a fixed glass roof or opening sunroof.