Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This story by marketrealist is just plain wrong:
All You Need to Know about Tesla’s 4Q15 Earnings - Yahoo Finance
It suggests that AFTER the 4Q ER info was released, TSLA closed at 143.67. That number was for the close BEFORE the ER, at the end of the normal trading day. Sheesh. The implication is that the market rejected the optimism of the ER, which is incorrect.

There's only one way for Elon Musk to realize his game-changing vision - Yahoo Finance
Here's an article that is clueless because it accepts the notion that there's just a tiny demand for EVs and when Tesla and other companies introduce a new EV, it is just another attempt to wrangle share of that tiny piece of the pie. Quoting Bob Lutz doesn't help with credibility, either. The author of this piece needs to take a look at the luxury sedan sales in the U.S. and he will see that Tesla sells more Model S cars than any other player in this category. Once an EV gains more than 200 miles range AND the ability to recharge quickly on a robust network, it competes handily against ICE vehicles. I'm looking forward to the Tesla Model X's assault on the luxury SUV/Crossover market.

Hi,

New poster here. Regarding posts by Keef Wivaneff / Ralph Vader, are his claimed completely baseless? How would you prove it or how can you be sure?
I'm asking because, while I do see that most of the pics are from collisions, I haven't be able to find other performance sedans that have the same kinds of damage, especially to the wheels or the area surrounding them. I can & have dismissed several of the posts / images from Flickr through investigation into the details of the accidents but that's really hard to come by for most of them.

So again, is there a reason why extensive wheel damage would (seem to) be so common on Model S but not similar cars?

Thanks for your time.

Keef is certifiable, so consider the source. Seriously. There is zero evidence of wheels spontaneously falling off Tesla vehicles. If it were a real issue you could be quite sure we would be hearing about it from reliable sources, such as actual owners for instance.

there is a new article on Seeking Alfalfa by AW that posits that many of the deposits on the model 3 will be bogus/bad faith/gaming the system/the F word.
It is a POS, but at least he has covered his short. I am amazed and said so about the thesis of the article

Sears is closing down stores in droves because they can't compete anymore. They blame "warmer-than-expected winter weather" (?!), then complain about Amazon, Uber, and... Tesla.

"Some innovative companies like Tesla are heavily subsidized by government policy (either directly or through purchases made by their customers), while existing car companies are forced to comply with mandates to produce cars that people may not want at enormous cost.

I wonder who forces car companies to produce cars that people don't want, instead of cars that people are waiting for years to get.

These companies rely heavily on continued financing (Tesla raised over $1 billion in equity and over $2.5 billion in debt over the past four years) and favorable capital market conditions and valuations, while companies viewed through a more traditional lens, like Sears Holdings, are met with skepticism even though we have an enormous asset base and a proven history of monetizing these assets and raising additional capital to fund our obligations and transformation."

The old guard is dying, blaming the new cool kids for their own stupidity. Sears are the franchised dealers of retail.

Eddie Lampert letter to shareholders - Business Insider

Sears is closing down stores in droves because they can't compete anymore. They blame "warmer-than-expected winter weather" (?!), then complain about Amazon, Uber, and... Tesla.

I wonder who forces car companies to produce cars that people don't want, instead of cars that people are waiting for years to get.

The old guard is dying, blaming the new cool kids for their own stupidity. Sears are the franchised dealers of retail.

Lampert is an idiot. No wonder his company if failing. He complains that a dying company with no future can't get easy access to more money, but a company like Tesla which is growing around 50%/year can. Moron.

The Motley Fool has posted a number of pro-Tesla pieces recently, it's like they're becoming the anti-Seeking Alpha.

I think that once it becomes clear there is an uptrend, a lot of organizations write positive articles to make the SP climb faster/more predictably in order to make money on the way up. Then when sentiment starts to turn, they post a bunch of negative article to drive the price down and make money in the other direction as well....

This may be the best Corey Johnson piece yet...he's interviewing HIS OWN Bloomberg expert - what follows is hilarious. He calls EV's "Electronic Cars" and tries to dig at Tesla at every opportunity, meanwhile, his colleague keeps quoting statistics and science, and Corey is only left with such Bon mots as, "What about The supply of Lithium, that's a headwind". (Bloomberg expert, "we've looked at that and if electric vehicle adoption follows our projection it will take less than 1% of Lithium and Cobalt reserves. ") "Well the one thing you know about Tesla forecasts is that they won't meet them" His colleague at Bloomberg looks at him like the complete idiot he is.

Rising Electric Vehicle Sales Concern Oil Industry | Watch the video - Yahoo Finance

Last edited:
This may be the best Corey Johnson piece yet...he's interviewing HIS OWN Bloomberg expert - what follows is hilarious. He calls EV's "Electronic Cars" and tries to dig at Tesla at every opportunity, meanwhile, his colleague keeps quoting statistics and science, and Corey is only left with such Bon mots as, "What about The supply of Lithium, that's a headwind". (Bloomberg expert, "we've looked at that and if electric vehicle adoption follows our projection it will take less than 1% of Lithium and Cobalt reserves. ") "Well the one thing you know about Tesla forecasts is that they won't meet them" His colleague at Bloomberg looks at him like the complete idiot he is.

Rising Electric Vehicle Sales Concern Oil Industry | Watch the video - Yahoo Finance
Yeah, vintage Cory, bless his heart.

I don't know enough accounting, so I have a question for the knowledgeable: the guy being interviewed makes the point that Tesla is only losing money because it invests in the Model 3 (and the GF). Cory replies that those investments are not the losses he's referring to, because they "are capitalized". What does he mean? That the capital expenditures are balanced by the acquired assets and are subject to amortization, and therefore they don't contribute to losses? If so, what is the response to his objection?

The Ayn Rand-Worshipping Sears CEO That Blew Up His Multibillion Dollar Empire

How a Libertarian Used Ayn Rand's Crazy Philosophy to Drive Sears Into the Ground