Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 45, I should be better than this!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is awesome for two reasons:

1. Good to know I am not the only one
2. Makes my psychosis seem average at times ;)

I am T-7 days until I take possession of my Tesla. Since I tried to give them all my money I have:

- Named my car (Tessie)
- Prepped the garage as if I was a nesting, expectant mother
- Already have set rules and guidelines with the husband about his limited use of the car
- purchased numerous items for Tessie, to include a key fob holder, center console piece from Evannex, dog liner for back, etc
- told absolutely everyone about my purchase with zero shame
- convinced two people to buy one
- alienated 1/2 of my friends
- have drooled over the pictures at least a dozen times a week
- planned out 20+ road trips that surely I will not be able to take time off of work to actually do.
- read TMC forum like it was the news

Not normal, but I have zero damn shame about it, and I am sure that when I plop my happy butt down into that magnificent vehicle, it will take an act of God to get me out.

Thanks to all of you for making my obsession seem a little bit more normal.

I am T-7 days until I take possession of my Tesla. Since I tried to give them all my money I have:

- Named my car (Tessie)
- Already have set rules and guidelines with the husband about his limited use of the car
- purchased numerous items for Tessie, to include a key fob holder, center console piece from Evannex, dog liner for back, etc
- planned out 20+ road trips that surely I will not be able to take time off of work to actually do.

Not normal, but I have zero damn shame about it, and I am sure that when I plop my happy butt down into that magnificent vehicle, it will take an act of God to get me out.

Agreed... this site has become something akin to a 12 step program... be sure to post pics of Tessie when she arrives.

Also, those were clearly friends you don't need; consider it a healthy culling of the herd.

Agreed... this site has become something akin to a 12 step program... be sure to post pics of Tessie when she arrives.

Also, those were clearly friends you don't need; consider it a healthy culling of the herd.

Haha...So true.

Forgot that I ordered the Matchbox version of Tessie. It showed up today (unlike my actual Tesla), and my husband just stared at me like I officially lost my damn marbles.

I am starting to believe that Tesla has all of our cars ready right when we buy them, and they make us wait just to torture us as some sick joke. I also believe that our anxiousness lowers our inhibition to control our spending and we end up buying EVERYTHING Tesla while we wait....

Tesla Sales: 1
Desperate Owners: 0

Arghhh! DS told me it was in Texas Friday... today, he tells me it's in Missouri :mad:. The driver is taking a zig zag path similar to a drunken pedestrian bumping into walls and streetlights.

It seems to most important implementation of true autopilot autonomy should be the Tesla delivery vehicles themselves.

I am going to request the driver be drug tested when he arrives.

(yes, I know it's actually because they are accommodating other deliveries, but I can still vent... even if I am being innacurate and inane).

Arghhh! DS told me it was in Texas Friday... today, he tells me it's in Missouri :mad:. The driver is taking a zig zag path similar to a drunken pedestrian bumping into walls and streetlights.

It seems to most important implementation of true autopilot autonomy should be the Tesla delivery vehicles themselves.

I am going to request the driver be drug tested when he arrives.

(yes, I know it's actually because they are accommodating other deliveries, but I can still vent... even if I am being innacurate and inane).

Vent away! I have a feeling we have all been there - pushing aside common sense and focusing only on the fact that our Tesla is not in our grubby little hands. I email my DS every other day inquiring about status. I am pretty sure he has blocked my email / phone number by now (and I cannot say I blame him). It is borderline debilitating.

On a side note, I am supposed to get my Tesla on the 27th, and then I leave for a 3.5 week work trip on the other side of the world...leaving behind my new baby. I am at the point where I have to decided on one of the following choices:

1. leave it at home for my husband and step-kids to use (and park close to other cars, eat/drink in, breathe on...)
2. leave it at home and take the key fobs 'accidentally', relegating them to the use of an ICE for the duration of my trip
3. drive my Tesla to the airport parking garage and park as far away as humanly possible from any other car, but know that it is much safer than it would be near my husband/kids....

This car is making me a bad person...

Vent away! I have a feeling we have all been there - pushing aside common sense and focusing only on the fact that our Tesla is not in our grubby little hands. I email my DS every other day inquiring about status. I am pretty sure he has blocked my email / phone number by now (and I cannot say I blame him). It is borderline debilitating.

On a side note, I am supposed to get my Tesla on the 27th, and then I leave for a 3.5 week work trip on the other side of the world...leaving behind my new baby. I am at the point where I have to decided on one of the following choices:

1. leave it at home for my husband and step-kids to use (and park close to other cars, eat/drink in, breathe on...)
2. leave it at home and take the key fobs 'accidentally', relegating them to the use of an ICE for the duration of my trip
3. drive my Tesla to the airport parking garage and park as far away as humanly possible from any other car, but know that it is much safer than it would be near my husband/kids....

Wow, I thought I had it bad because I leave for a week long vacation at the start of July, presumably just a couple days after receiving my baby. 3.5 weeks? Rough.

It's clear none of your three options are drastic enough. No half measures should be taken here... Decisive action is warranted.

It is perfectly clear to me that the right thing for you today is to rent a climate controlled storage unit under an alias (family can be sneaky...keep them off balance), and lock her up tight. Take an Uber from there to the airport.

Problem solved.

I tried not to be an obvious pest with my DS by emailing him with status updates he probably didn't need. Then he was forced to answer almost out of human courtesy, ha!
- NEMA installed -> email
- redid garage floor -> email
- Called to talk to financer -> email
- added to auto insurance policy -> email
- Printed insurance card -> email

Friday seems really far away right now...

As far as your dilemma, I definitely agree that you should probably find a private storage unit, but you at least have gotta do #2.

Reactions: nikielizabeth
Wow, I thought I had it bad because I leave for a week long vacation at the start of July, presumably just a couple days after receiving my baby. 3.5 weeks? Rough.

It's clear none of your three options are drastic enough. No half measures should be taken here... Decisive action is warranted.

It is perfectly clear to me that the right thing for you today is to rent a climate controlled storage unit under an alias (family can be sneaky...keep them off balance), and lock her up tight. Take an Uber from there to the airport.

Problem solved.

Perfection! And I love that someone rated it as "informative" - I about pissed my pants when I read that.

This forum = my group therapy

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
I tried not to be an obvious pest with my DS by emailing him with status updates he probably didn't need. Then he was forced to answer almost out of human courtesy, ha!
- NEMA installed -> email
- redid garage floor -> email
- Called to talk to financer -> email
- added to auto insurance policy -> email
- Printed insurance card -> email

Friday seems really far away right now...

As far as your dilemma, I definitely agree that you should probably find a private storage unit, but you at least have gotta do #2.

YES! I honestly feel like a high school teenager with a crush. It is all-consuming...and I am taking it all out on my poor DS. I stopped covering it up with status updates that should be left for Facebook or Instagram and I just get right to the chase: WHERE IS MY CAR???? (kidding, well...sort of).

I have been stalling but will order next week after another visit to the Tesla store.
I could not imagine taking delivery after all the obsessive forum reading,emails,shopping for accessories etc....just to go away for a month once you physically have the car :(
Good luck concentrating on your work :)
By the way if that picture is you, you are a very pretty woman and seeing you driving a Tesla will make every man salivate :)

I have been stalling but will order next week after another visit to the Tesla store.
I could not imagine taking delivery after all the obsessive forum reading,emails,shopping for accessories etc....just to go away for a month once you physically have the car :(
Good luck concentrating on your work :)
By the way if that picture is you, you are a very pretty woman and seeing you driving a Tesla will make every man salivate :)

Unfortunately my job forces me to travel quite often...if I could drive to where I am going, then I most certainly would. It is going to be absolute torture, and I am sure my credit card will be the whipping boy once again.

Reading these forums I am surprised that people don't drop code after ordering a new one...I have seen some people report 6+ months of waiting. Honestly, there are not enough pints of Guinness to get me thru something like that.

And don't stall - the more days of summer weather w/ your pano roof back and windows down, the better! And being that you are in NY you probably only have a few more weeks left of warm weather... ;)

I feel where you're coming from. A tesla will do that to you. It's a technological marvel.

The day I drove it, I knew I was doomed.
No other car ever looked the same to me. ICE died that day.

It makes you do irrational things, like spend $100k on a car.
But when it's the only choice, what's a guy to do :cool:

Welcome to the forum!

really unreal if you think about it, 100k+ for a car ...
Oh excuse me an investment
or a better world
tesla makes you put things in perspective
does relativate ...

strangs

- Named my car (Tessie)

it is, like you say, unbelievable

- named my "Herbie", cause it can drive alone
- been looking how I can make the carport more cosy
- I will drive it, my wife only will drive it when I am not possible, almost dead or something like that`
- tried to not tell to anybody, but is really hard and don' need much to break my "silence"
- have drooled over the pictures at least a two dozen times a week
- planning multiple road trips with friends and without, every goal is good
- read TMC forum like it was the truth ;-)

anyway hoping to enjoy like every one does

• Funny
Harley? Now you really have me loving you! :) I am very happily married so not hitting on you :) and no need for online dating :)

Ah, I am old enough to know the difference and to appreciate the kind words.

And yes, I ride. VRSCDX 2008.

Only mode of transportation that I will love as much as my Model S...

Attachments

• IMG_4511.jpg
    IMG_4511.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 80