Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 45, I should be better than this!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YES YES YES YES!!!! Pickup scheduled for tomorrow at 4:00!!!! So excited... giddy like a schoolgirl. Pics to come in this thread and the delivery thread.

Thank you to all of you who have made this wait easier to tolerate by sharing your similar stories of excitement and obsessiveness that should normally be reserved for the back seat on prom night or the birth of your first child.

Is it tomorrow yet?
Yes. It. Is!

Gotta love time travel.

Congrats Neuromancer!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!! In an obsessive, unhealthy, "HER" kind of way.

My wife has started checking my phone for nude vehicle pics.

My kids have started drinking to compensate for loss of their father's attention.

I lost my job for incessantly staring out my office window, pining for my next electric fix.

I have an appointment to get a red "T" tattooed on my forhead. Twice.

I have my checking account set to autodraft directly into Telsla stock.

Ok, not really, but you get the idea. Please no one post critical comments about paying attention to my kids... Just a joke.

I didn't get great pics at pickup, so I'll get some and post his weekend.

Fit and finish are perfect. I drove about 500 miles yesterday, including long stretches of AP, and the vehicle performed flawlessly.

On the negative, I got zilch for swag at delivery, which hurt my feelings. Oh well.

Hello Tesla support group,

I've been loving the car and keep finding reasons to go sit in it even at home. I did have a few "firsts" the other day.
  1. ICE revver - a guy in a Dodge Charger rolled up at a light and started revving. I think he had an automatic so he had to put it in neutral to do so. Since I don't have tints yet (going tomorrow morning), I did my best to just act like I couldn't hear him. Actually if I hadn't been riding with the roof open, I probably wouldn't have...
  2. Gawker - The next light after the revver, I saw people in a car behind me kind of tilting their heads and pointing. When the light turned green, the car changed lanes and rocketed past me so that when we got to the next light they could look at the front.
  3. Rock chip scare - My xpel appointment isn't for like a month (since Tesla's are so hard to buy in MI, there aren't a lot of places that have dealt with them before). Thus far I haven't removed the front plate bracket because I'm worried that section will be the most ripe for rock chips until Xpel happens. I was driving to work and I started to hear what sounded like sand/dust. I look further up ahead and there is a construction truck driving with hazards on. I immediately change lanes to the left and floor it. I usually drive 5 above the speed limit, but I was going 90 (20 over) at this point. On the way past I see there is gravel trickling out of the back of the truck which gave me a mild panic attack; switched to autopilot to collect myself. There are a few bug remains across the front from all my highway driving, but I didn't see a chip yet.
Happy to say that one first I haven't had yet is the dreaded "range anxiety." Work is 25 or so miles one way and most any place I normally go to is under 10 miles away, so I don't even pay attention to my battery level most of the time. If for some reason I was driving back and forth between Detroit multiple times in one day, a quick stop at the supercharger could replenish my range quickly if needed.

Bummer.... still haven't stopped grinning with Shadowfax (yep, that's what I went with).

Although, this AP fatality story has me bummed... you KNOW the critics and competitors are about to come out of the woodwork on this one.
When your life depends on oil or gas cars? Every Tesla minor mishap will be dissected and attacked.
This one was NOT minor! Sorry to hear of a death in this case but , like in these situations the human element will be drowned out.

I have experienced just about every symptom described in this thread (and I'm 72). I picked up my new S70 Sunday. The car seems perfect, without any flaws that I could detect. Charges to 237 miles, rather than the promised 234. I will not complain. Autopilot is awesome on highways. The adaptive cruise control works great on the avenues. Little tricks to be learned, like disconnecting it when coming to a light where all the other cars are already stopped (it will wait too long to begin braking). Very, very excited. About to take first road trip from Boynton Beach, Florida to Sanibel Island, with a stop a the Fort Myers supercharger. This car is the best I have ever even been a passenger in, let alone owned.

I have experienced just about every symptom described in this thread (and I'm 72). I picked up my new S70 Sunday. The car seems perfect, without any flaws that I could detect. Charges to 237 miles, rather than the promised 234. I will not complain. Autopilot is awesome on highways. The adaptive cruise control works great on the avenues. Little tricks to be learned, like disconnecting it when coming to a light where all the other cars are already stopped (it will wait too long to begin braking). Very, very excited. About to take first road trip from Boynton Beach, Florida to Sanibel Island, with a stop a the Fort Myers supercharger. This car is the best I have ever even been a passenger in, let alone owned.

Congratulations and good luck! I cannot wait to be in the same "boat" :) as you in August! To own and drive the "best car ever made" will be awesome!

Reactions: Btrflyl8e