Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered my MYLR on 7/5. original delivery date was 8/15. LOL. three days later i get the “october email”. made the swap to MY Performance on 7/15. ETA is now a respectable 8/7 (and has held steady at that date for 6 days).

who else is waiting with me in the ATL area? what’s your estimated delivery date? what have you bought in preparation for your new toy?

Reactions: MMurrayGA
ordered my MYLR on 7/5. original delivery date was 8/15. LOL. three days later i get the “october email”. made the swap to MY Performance on 7/15. ETA is now a respectable 8/7 (and has held steady at that date for 6 days).

who else is waiting with me in the ATL area? what’s your estimated delivery date? what have you bought in preparation for your new toy?
I ordered on 07/11, my EDD of August 13-September 9th has disappeared as of yesterday

I ordered on 07/11, my EDD of August 13-September 9th has disappeared as of yesterday
VIN arrived this morning. EDD has a window of 8/14-8/20. you shouldn’t be far off!
interesting, you ordered yours on 7/5, I ordered mine on 07/11. My EDD has straight up disappeared as of yesterday. I'm hoping mine emerges soon, and my VIN shows up!

Just got this email back from my SAA, when I asked why my EDD disappeared:

"There's no ETA listed with your reservation at the moment but think you should expect your car towards the end of September to October. We're experiencing production delays across the board, so delivery timelines have shifted a bit. Once you're assigned a VIN, we'll be able to provide more exact dates."

Just got this email back from my SAA, when I asked why my EDD disappeared:

"There's no ETA listed with your reservation at the moment but think you should expect your car towards the end of September to October. We're experiencing production delays across the board, so delivery timelines have shifted a bit. Once you're assigned a VIN, we'll be able to provide more exact dates."
i truly wish the ordering process was a bit more friendly. there are so many factors that go into buying a car. i fear the struggles that come with the new way of buying cars will be the norm for a few years. fingers crossed you get this MUCH earlier!

I had a convoluted route - ordered a demo back in June, but that fell through due to a clerical DMV error. Paused my account for a few weeks in July while I was out of town, and clicked "I'm ready" on 7/16. I'm not sure what's considered my actual order date (June or July), but I have no VIN or EDD listed on my account. Did the online chat with Tesla yesterday, and they didn't have any information for me. It looks like October is what most people are seeing, but it's pretty frustrating that I have zero idea when my car is coming. Like @asierra02 said, there are a lot of factors that go into it. I traded my previous car in the day before I was supposed to pick up the demo, so when that fell through, I've been bumming cars from my parents and friends with no idea of how long I'll have to keep that up.

FWIW, my service center is Savannah.

I ordered 5/17 (MYLR MSM/Black/Tow/5 Seats) and I'm pretty sure my EDD has hit every date between mid-June and October at some point. It's currently MIA which has happened once or twice before. My original EDD was 4-11 weeks, yesterday was the end of the 11th week. The most common wait time for deliveries this quarter on the tracker spreadsheet is 70-79 days .. just a few more days until I'm part of the long tail.

I had a convoluted route - ordered a demo back in June, but that fell through due to a clerical DMV error. Paused my account for a few weeks in July while I was out of town, and clicked "I'm ready" on 7/16. I'm not sure what's considered my actual order date (June or July), but I have no VIN or EDD listed on my account. Did the online chat with Tesla yesterday, and they didn't have any information for me. It looks like October is what most people are seeing, but it's pretty frustrating that I have zero idea when my car is coming. Like @asierra02 said, there are a lot of factors that go into it. I traded my previous car in the day before I was supposed to pick up the demo, so when that fell through, I've been bumming cars from my parents and friends with no idea of how long I'll have to keep that up.

FWIW, my service center is Savannah.
how did the DMV mess up?