Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered last Friday, 8/14. White exterior on black interior. LR AWD, Induction wheels. Got a text today to be ready for delivery in 1-4 weeks. I told my SA yesterday that we would prefer a vehicle fresh from the factory.

Ordered: 7/27
MY LR AWD White on Black, Tow, 19’s/No FSD
No Vin yet
Text Received 8/6: stating 5-8 wk delivery Text Received 8/11: stating 3-6 wk delivery

But I will be delaying delivery until Q4 because we are still working on clearing out the garage in order to bring in an electrician for the rewiring work we need completed beforehand which will take us a while longer.

Hoping this helps one of you that are needing your order sooner :)

• Helpful
Reactions: CO_MY
You should be hearing from them soon. The previous posting was ordered after yours was sent in. Hold tight.

Cool - I just realized I had to go into the dashboard and "accept" the payment terms. I wasn't told that until I just got a text message saying Car will be delivered soon, so I need to do this step. Went in, did it -- hopefully, that would speed up things.

Reactions: LicenseToDrive
I ordered last Friday, 8/14. White exterior on black interior. LR AWD, Induction wheels. Got a text today to be ready for delivery in 1-4 weeks. I told my SA yesterday that we would prefer a vehicle fresh from the factory.
Mine is the exact same car as yours. Ordered 8/14, text on Wed 8/19, 1-4 weeks for delivery. Wonder if our cars will be on the same truck?

• Informative
Reactions: ejkcy25
Model Y LR AWD White on White, No FSD, Geminis, No Hitch.

Ordered: 7/16
Changed wheels to Gemini: 7/29

I've only received a text on 8/11 stating that it will start delivery in 2-4 weeks. No other updates. Already sold my car so I'm a sitting duck!

Posted on the main tracking thread as well, but just wanted to post that I called a SA and he confirmed it's in transit with a VIN of 36,xxx. :)

Picked up my blue LR AWD today at the Service Center in Mt. Kisco, NY.

The car looked great. A few paint swirls, some grease on the headliner (easily removed) and reasonable panel gaps and seals all around.

Only problem was a hairline scratch on the driver's side fender that continued on to the headlight lens. A pain, as I was planning to bring it right to a PPF installer, but they agreed to fix.

My installer is also a body shop that has done work for Tesla before, so hopefully they agree to let them do the fix. Anyone have any experience getting them to farm out body work?

Attachments

• IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    660.7 KB · Views: 92
Picked up my blue LR AWD today at the Service Center in Mt. Kisco, NY.

The car looked great. A few paint swirls, some grease on the headliner (easily removed) and reasonable panel gaps and seals all around.

Only problem was a hairline scratch on the driver's side fender that continued on to the headlight lens. A pain, as I was planning to bring it right to a PPF installer, but they agreed to fix.

My installer is also a body shop that has done work for Tesla before, so hopefully they agree to let them do the fix. Anyone have any experience getting them to farm out body work?
Here in Atlanta they often use authorized shops to do body/paint work. I don't know about the North East but they are very good with fixing issues so you should not be worried. But I'd advise you to wait on the PPF for two weeks to ensure your paint has aired out properly. If you rush it too soon you may have some peeling in the paint from the PPF if they have to make an adjustment.

I ordered back in March, but put it on hold due to Covid. I got a txt asking if i could pick up by end of September on Aug 17th and said yes. I got the txt to schedule my pickup today the 22nd, and have it scheduled for September 5th was the earliest. Still no VIN assigned yet. PIcking up at Alpharetta / Roswell location in Atlanta.

AWD LR White, black interior, 20in wheels.

Reactions: LicenseToDrive
Their end of quarter push strategy is actually annoying. I purposefully ordered after the last quarter ended to try to avoid the rush. They just sat on my order for 8 weeks. Looking like they will be delivering 9 weeks from order date. The need for the factory in Austin is obvious.

I ordered back in March, but put it on hold due to Covid. I got a txt asking if i could pick up by end of September on Aug 17th and said yes. I got the txt to schedule my pickup today the 22nd, and have it scheduled for September 5th was the earliest. Still no VIN assigned yet. PIcking up at Alpharetta / Roswell location in Atlanta.

AWD LR White, black interior, 20in wheels.
Picking up mine from there on 9/2.