Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in DC, MD or N Va have any luck with a delivery and/or getting information on delivery date from either the Tyson's or City Center locations? It's gone silent for my MY, ordered 8/19, got a VIN about a week ago.

Yes, I’ve had a good experience with Tyco so far. Test drove in July, Ordered 8/23, 48xxx VIN 9/8, delivery 9/25. All communication has been automated since I received a VIN, though.
Blue/black LR, Gemini, Tow hitch, Autopilot/no FSD

Anyone in DC, MD or N Va have any luck with a delivery and/or getting information on delivery date from either the Tyson's or City Center locations? It's gone silent for my MY, ordered 8/19, got a VIN about a week ago.

I'm in NoVA. Here's my timeline:
8/20: Ordered a Blue LR AWD w/ black interior, 19" wheels, tow, no FSD
8/25: Rec'd text - delivery in 2-4 weeks
9/6: Rec'd text - Your Model Y is on the way to Tyson's Corner delivery center. Scheduled delivery for soonest available date (9/22).
9/10: VIN added to account. Still no MVPA.
9/14: Rec'd call: Model Y will be early - delivery re-scheduled for 9/20
9/16: Rec'd call: Model Y will not be early - delivery re-scheduled back to 9/22
9/18: Rec'd call: Model Y will be late - delivery re-scheduled back to 9/26. Hopefully it's there when we go up to Tysons on Saturday.

I'm in NoVA. Here's my timeline:
8/20: Ordered a Blue LR AWD w/ black interior, 19" wheels, tow, no FSD
8/25: Rec'd text - delivery in 2-4 weeks
9/6: Rec'd text - Your Model Y is on the way to Tyson's Corner delivery center. Scheduled delivery for soonest available date (9/22).
9/10: VIN added to account. Still no MVPA.
9/14: Rec'd call: Model Y will be early - delivery re-scheduled for 9/20
9/16: Rec'd call: Model Y will not be early - delivery re-scheduled back to 9/22
9/18: Rec'd call: Model Y will be late - delivery re-scheduled back to 9/26. Hopefully it's there when we go up to Tysons on Saturday.
Wow, exact same config!

It odd I have heard nothing from Tesla?

I ordered 9/9, Charlotte, NC, White, LR AWD w/ black/white, tow, no FSD.

Completed all the steps, I have not even received a text, like a 2-4 week or 4-6 week, nothing, crickets. SA does not reply, once ordered he bolted.

It odd I have heard nothing from Tesla?

I ordered 9/9, Charlotte, NC, White, LR AWD w/ black/white, tow, no FSD.

Completed all the steps, I have not even received a text, like a 2-4 week or 4-6 week, nothing, crickets. SA does not reply, once ordered he bolted.
I would use the chat or call your nearest Service Center. Your SA may not even work for Tesla any more.

I
I would use the chat or call your nearest Service Center. Your SA may not even work for Tesla any more.

My short story....I never heard a word from anyone when I ordered on 8/22. I simply got a text a few days later to fill out the paperwork online. After waiting two weeks I decided to call sales at my pickup location (Springfield, NJ) and the very nice guy said I actually had a VIN (45xxx) and it was in transit and expected to come this past weekend. He said I would get a text to schedule delivery by the next day. Come this past Monday I had not heard a thing (surprise surprise!) and called delivery directly and lo and behold my car arrived over the weekend! I wonder if they would have ever called me? Either way, I scheduled delivery for tomorrow (Friday) and as soon as I did my contract appeared on the website and today I was prompted to sign it. Other than the lack of a forward approach, everything has been extremely smooth. My friend with a M3 and loads of experience dealing with Tesla is driving me over and will lend a hand looking it over prior to acceptance. Fingers crossed there are no major issues!

Reactions: Blue Skye
I

My short story....I never heard a word from anyone when I ordered on 8/22. I simply got a text a few days later to fill out the paperwork online. After waiting two weeks I decided to call sales at my pickup location (Springfield, NJ) and the very nice guy said I actually had a VIN (45xxx) and it was in transit and expected to come this past weekend. He said I would get a text to schedule delivery by the next day. Come this past Monday I had not heard a thing (surprise surprise!) and called delivery directly and lo and behold my car arrived over the weekend! I wonder if they would have ever called me? Either way, I scheduled delivery for tomorrow (Friday) and as soon as I did my contract appeared on the website and today I was prompted to sign it. Other than the lack of a forward approach, everything has been extremely smooth. My friend with a M3 and loads of experience dealing with Tesla is driving me over and will lend a hand looking it over prior to acceptance. Fingers crossed there are no major issues!
It’s surprising they don’t call you when the car arrives. It’s as if no one does intake of the car. They all have a QR code on the windshield so you’d think when the truck unloads the cars, a SA is there scanning the QR code to intake them (like signing for a FedEx package). Then when scanned, their system could send a text or email letting the buyer know the car was delivered / received and will be prepped for delivery.

Rejected my MY in an unusual way today ... Delivery was set for 9/26 but had a chance to walk by several of the cars at Mt.Kisco --- actually found my car (43xxx VIN built on Sep1) and unfortunately, of the 10 models Ys I saw, mine had a drink issue, two panels protruding outward, rocker panel that stuck out 8-10mm ... Bummed. But glad I didn't have to go there on Sat to do the whole dance and then reject it. Put myself back in the queue and hoping for better luck.

Reactions: NJEV-Don
Hi All,

Ordered 9/16
Gun Metal Gray with white interior
AWD Long distance
Waiting on VIN and additional delivery info
Glad to see they are sending out texts when they ship! I got my insurance quote, which is a little higher than other car we have, but expected based on other posts
No insurance through Tesla outside of California I believe

Rejected my MY in an unusual way today ... Delivery was set for 9/26 but had a chance to walk by several of the cars at Mt.Kisco --- actually found my car (43xxx VIN built on Sep1) and unfortunately, of the 10 models Ys I saw, mine had a drink issue, two panels protruding outward, rocker panel that stuck out 8-10mm ... Bummed. But glad I didn't have to go there on Sat to do the whole dance and then reject it. Put myself back in the queue and hoping for better luck.
I’m sorry that yours isn’t up to quality. Did the other ones look good or did you see any major issues with them as well. I believe one of those is mine because I have a delivery for this Sunday at Mt. Kisco. What color did you choose.

I’m sorry that yours isn’t up to quality. Did the other ones look good or did you see any major issues with them as well. I believe one of those is mine because I have a delivery for this Sunday at Mt. Kisco. What color did you choose.

Hey Jubovi, saw blues, greys and whites. Whites in particular were a positive surprise - as I didn't notice much of the typical panel color issue in the rear. Two things did stick out to me across the board:

1) The rocker panel issue (as mentioned by BeardedTeslaGuy in some video September update) was noticeable on all cars. None of the cars I saw (all in the high 30xxxs and 40xxxs) had rocker panels that weren't flush with the doors --- BUT the panel overhang in most cases was maybe only 5mm and looked symmetrical on both sides of the car - so, I bet most people will think it's a design choice. Mine stuck out quite a bit more. Too much for me.

2) ALL cars had a misalignment right where the window trim (driver and co-driver windows) connects to the front of the car (i.e. right next to the rear view mirrors). That connection point was way off for every car. Not a super noticeable alignment issue but very odd in comparison to prior Model Ys I've seen and made me wonder if doors are hung incorrectly - or if it's just a trim thing.

wolfsonite, jubovi

Had you any contact with someone from Mt. Kisco before you came by and looked at the cars? I'm scheduled for Sunday delivery there and I only found this out via looking at my order page. I've been attempting to reach someone - anyone for the past week and have had no response. The chat person was very nice, but ineffectual. If you have any names/contacts you'd like to share, that would be great.

Until they reach out to me, I'm not going to drive to Mt. Kisco to examine their offering. My VIN is 480XX (from the posted MVPA)

wolfsonite, jubovi

Had you any contact with someone from Mt. Kisco before you came by and looked at the cars? I'm scheduled for Sunday delivery there and I only found this out via looking at my order page. I've been attempting to reach someone - anyone for the past week and have had no response. The chat person was very nice, but ineffectual. If you have any names/contacts you'd like to share, that would be great.

Until they reach out to me, I'm not going to drive to Mt. Kisco to examine their offering. My VIN is 480XX (from the posted MVPA)
I have heard from them but I reached out last week after my shipping was delayed. They then called me on Saturday night to let me know that my delivery was further delayed to this Sunday. They did mention that they will reach out before but we will see.

Ordered white/black, 19" on 9-14-20. As of yesterday car is off the truck from Chicago and ready for pickup now. I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow to pickup in KC. That's 12 days from date of order.

I think website said 6-11 weeks when I ordered. Ya gotta wonder how a "tech" company can be so far off on predicting lead times.

Ordered white/black, 19" on 9-14-20. As of yesterday car is off the truck from Chicago and ready for pickup now. I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow to pickup in KC. That's 12 days from date of order.

I think website said 6-11 weeks when I ordered. Ya gotta wonder how a "tech" company can be so far off on predicting lead times.

I know right? I ordered 8/28. Said 2-4 weeks. Today marks 4 weeks and I don't have a VIN or delivery date. My SA says I haven't been matched to a VIN yet and they're just waiting for my configuration to become available. Pretty frustrating

Ordered Sept 7 and saw 2-4 weeks turn into 7-11 weeks on the website. Just got notified that my car left the factory yesterday and I'll take delivery on the 26th. 51xxx VIN. Long range red with white interior, 19" wheels.

Delivery setup txt came out of the blue. No VIN still on my account on website. But a call to the general # quickly got me all the information I needed. We even able to move delivery appt days out by 1 as I'd be out of town on days the website allowed me to pick.

And FYI, for at least my trade-in and the Phoenix market, Tesla trade-in quote was higher than Carvana and close to KBB mid-pt.

Took delivery of 'Ruby' yesterday at the Scottsdale service center. Car was perfect... not a single issue I could find anywhere. Scottsdale is delivering 80-100 cars/day lately. Its controlled chaos there, but it works.