Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Australia] Model Y - April/May Orders (May-Jun Delivery) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another update on my journey in Sydney for RWD MSM, Gemini wheels with black interior.

Event DateEstimated Delivery DateComments
20/02/2023Apr - JunDate order placed
02/05/2023May 26 - Jun 16Temporary glitch. Went back to "Apr - Jun" an hour later
05/05/2023TBDHidden VIN found with Chrome Extension
08/05/2023May 26 - Jun 16No rego or invoice details. No trade in being requested.
12/05/2023 (today)May 25 - Jun 15Date moved forward by one day.
Still no rego or invoice details.
Sharing another update on my progress in Sydney for a RWD MSM, Gemini wheels with black interior. Hope it's helpful for comparison
Event DateEstimated Delivery DateComments
20/02/2023Apr - JunDate order placed
02/05/2023May 26 - Jun 16Temporary glitch. Went back to "Apr - Jun" an hour later
05/05/2023TBDHidden VIN found with Chrome Extension
08/05/2023May 26 - Jun 16No rego or invoice details. No trade in being requested.
12/05/2023May 25 - Jun 15Date moved forward by one day.
Still no rego or invoice details.
19/05/2023May 25 - Jun 15Invoice issued. Rego papers issued.
VIN in RAV.

Reactions: houdini
I've had my VIN, invoice and Rego stuff for awhile now.

Received the your delivery is approaching, please pay invoice 48 hours before scheduled pickup, we will be in touch to organise a pick-up date.

How much longer is it from here now? :)

I've had my VIN, invoice and Rego stuff for awhile now.

Received the your delivery is approaching, please pay invoice 48 hours before scheduled pickup, we will be in touch to organise a pick-up date.

How much longer is it from here now? :)
These are my dates for comparison:
Ordered 28/10/2022
Build date 21/04/2023
VIN assigned 26/04/2023
Registration paperwork received and returned 27/04/2023
All payments completed by end of April.
Delivery estimate: May 08-21 slipped repeatedly, currently June 5-26.

I have never received "Your delivery is approaching" via email or SMS.

Hi Guys, it is possible to buy interstate, you just need a CRN (issued by the transport department in that state) and a local address in that state.
I am purchasing through my business to get the instant write off this financial year. I have a white Y LR on order since mid April, no vin, May June estimate. Wasn't feeling lucky with that so found a new 3 LR in another state and ordered that after getting local CRN. Have receive estimated delivery of 3 to 5 weeks from now... and that's for one in stock, so not sure how timing with go with cars not at Port yet.

So... now I've got 2 Tesla's coming. If I get both in June, would be happy to sell one to someone needing this financial year. GST registered business, so if the same, you can claim that back also.

Hi Guys, it is possible to buy interstate, you just need a CRN (issued by the transport department in that state) and a local address in that state.
I am purchasing through my business to get the instant write off this financial year. I have a white Y LR on order since mid April, no vin, May June estimate. Wasn't feeling lucky with that so found a new 3 LR in another state and ordered that after getting local CRN. Have receive estimated delivery of 3 to 5 weeks from now... and that's for one in stock, so not sure how timing with go with cars not at Port yet.

So... now I've got 2 Tesla's coming. If I get both in June, would be happy to sell one to someone needing this financial year. GST registered business, so if the same, you can claim that back also.
Thanks, that is interesting.
I assume there is a bit of paperwork and cost to
switch the registration to your own state? How do you have an address interstate? I thought you had to give the address where the car is intended to be garaged/kept.

Thanks, that is interesting.
I assume there is a bit of paperwork and cost to
switch the registration to your own state? How do you have an address interstate? I thought you had to give the address where the car is intended to be garaged/kept.

I'm pretty sure when you change rego between states, you get reimbursed the unused rego. So expect this to be negligible. Will be changing within 2 days of receipt.
Having friends and family interstate helps. At the end of the day, the address should only need to receive the first rego paperwork. After that new rego in new state.

Reactions: JonDarian