Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dronus
IMG_0433.png

I must say that he hit on an issue that I am still experiencing, and it is really annoying and worrying. I keep saying to my wife to be ultra careful about switching between reverse and drive. So often you swipe up to drive and unless you carry the little car all the way up with your finger it will bounce back to reverse and you don't realise until you start going backwards!

I think Tesla need to fix this with an update. It shouldn't matter if you only swipe 90% of the way up, it should be smart enough to know that means you want it in drive and just do it. It would be much much better with just buttons tbh, hit the button and you are in gear. The swiping is just a gimmick and I am not sure gimmicks are the best way to change the direction of a car. I predict a few accidents in this car because of it.

I hope this is fixed in an update, I assume it is the kind of thing that will be?
I've done exactly this a few times and it is rather scary.

On other news, the wipers are completely broken. Going super fast when it is very light drizzle, then stopping when it gets heavy. Hoping for a fix on that too.

Reactions: Murphster
Drive have updated their coverage - Tesla Model 3 deliveries to be halted over compliance breach

Deliveries of the Tesla Model 3 will be halted in Australia from today after the electric car was found to be in breach of Australian motor-vehicle regulations.
Customers were advised today deliveries will be paused indefinitely "from close of business 17 January 2024" due to a "technical compliance matter that we are working closely with the relevant authorities to resolve."
Tesla is yet to advise what will happen to updated Model 3 electric cars which have been delivered to customers so far, and if they will be recalled to resolve the compliance issue.

Drive was first to reveal last week that the updated Model 3 was being investigated by Australian authorities for removing access to a child-seat anchor point needed to pass motor-vehicle compliance rules.
No update on what will happen with cars that have already been delivered.

• Informative
Reactions: paulp
Drive have updated their coverage - Tesla Model 3 deliveries to be halted over compliance breach

No update on what will happen with cars that have already been delivered.

Earlier this week the ANCAP rating for the facelifted Model 3 was pulled – after Drive published its story on the compliance breach on Tuesday 9 January 2024.

This is probably more of a concern to those of us "lucky" enough to have got cars already, I don't know how this affects Insurance, but I do know that there are insurance companies in Australia who will not insure anything that has less than a 4 star ANCAP rating. What happens when a car is insured already because it had 5 stars but then loses them all?

To be honest I am too scared of the reply to even ask ask my insurance company...

Reactions: X Æ A-12