Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed - as I have noted before it's a first world problem - but now it is odd, frustrating and a little draining. It's also a bit 'whatever' at this point, and I think it could be good for sanity to jump off the forum for a while TBH.. but I do enjoy the banter and others perspectives. I sold my car privately a month ago as I thought we had to be VIN-close, and used vehicle values were sliding, so inconveniently we are now short a much-needed vehicle and as a bonus the CFO & Snr Director is asking 'when is this thing turning up'... I genuinely don't have an answer, and I don't like that :confused::)
Feeling the same. That WA has no backlog and fulfilled orders to October is yet another kick. I'm just gonna walk away and take the "whatever" approach. When I do get a VIN I won't believe it anyway because of how many people got shafted this quarter. And when I finally pick up my car I think it's just gonna be "about f-ing time".

I take it from this response @meloccom , you’re not following through on your intent to “delete posts and temporarily ban people” for discussing a topic “even in passing”?
Reserving the right does not mean I will act in every situation, particularly when the the posts themselves did not impact the flow of the thread.

Had a chat with my SA yesterday and he said he was very confident that those who have a Dec-Jan date will over the next couple of weeks be getting a VIN.
Core reason for asking was because of my loan expiration at the end of December and he said, I should have nothing to worry about. Fingers crossed he is right but as we have come to realise, SA's possibly have as much info as us.

Cheers to a great Friday ahead folks and let's hope we see some positive movement on VINs soon!

Reactions: Snoopy1
Feeling the same. That WA has no backlog and fulfilled orders to October is yet another kick. I'm just gonna walk away and take the "whatever" approach. When I do get a VIN I won't believe it anyway because of how many people got shafted this quarter. And when I finally pick up my car I think it's just gonna be "about f-ing time".
Some people in WA who placed an order recently have gotten a car allocated. How exactly does that translate to WA not having a backlog???

I'm in WA and originally ordered my model 3 LR at the end of March, with an EDD of 6-9 months. That EDD didn't change at all until I changed my order to a RWD in November.

If I had kept my order for a LR, odds are my EDD would still be sitting at 6-9 months. BTW, I noticed that several LR were recently allocated to eastern states orders placed at/after my initial order date. Maybe I should start complaining too?

Reasons to be optimistic, despite Tesla's lack of communication they want to make and sell as many cars as possible. This quarter is the most important for them. Wuwa videos show thousands of Tesla's have been, are being and waiting to be loaded onto ships. Australia is probably the furthest from Shanghai the boats can travel and still have a chance of delivery before year end.