Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
==> Trade-in Question <==
To those folks that have traded-in a vehicle (or going to) …
What is the expectation (or reasonable allowance) for extra k’s since the trade was accepted?
We are expecting delivery very soon and have fully paid for the vehicle (minus the trade).
Our trade-in annex was signed mid December 2022 and ODO recorded as under 60K.
We have since added around 2500k’s as this is our only vehicle. Extra k’s based on time of year, visit relations etc.
On the day of pickup – do they question / re-evaluate based on extra k’s ?

The only indication i got was the vin showed up as registered on the qldrego app.. and they register it right before they ship it on the truck.

What i DONT understand is how @No EV was delivered THIS week 

Have i been lied to?

Yup you get a servey. I pretty much trashed them on their communication. Love the car, just it was a horrible experience. Will the even read it and make changes? Probably not, but I guess it is the only way to let them know

I hope there is a survey at the end?

The only indication i got was the vin showed up as registered on the qldrego app.. and they register it right before they ship it on the truck.

What i DONT understand is how @No EV was delivered THIS week 

Have i been lied to?

I hope there is a survey at the end?

There sure is a survey! I pretty much trashed them on communication. Love the car but it was a horrible experience. Will they read it? Probably not, but it was nice to vent to them as there is no other official channel, unless you are besties with elon. Was pretty disappointed to find out we only have a 439km range and not 491km as stated on their website...WLTP or not

What is the expectation (or reasonable allowance) for extra k’s since the trade was accepted?
We are expecting delivery very soon and have fully paid for the vehicle (minus the trade).
We have since added around 2500k’s as this is our only vehicle. Extra k’s based on time of year, visit relations etc.
It seems they have been fairly pragmatic. If you do not have a VIN yet, when you do they will ask for current mileage and adjust offer accordingly. There is no obligation, you may accept or reject as you as you see fit. If you already have a VIN and accepted the trade in, then they honour it. Turn up, give them the keys & the papers, no questions asked. They do not offer top dollar on trade ins and basically pass them on to auctions & resellers, so on average they are not going to lose, so if you do a bunch of extra Klm's in the last few weeks, care they do not.

Reactions: Serza
IMG_8613.JPG

9th jan at Alexandria :) Car is shiny, no build issues at all, white interior is amazing (i hope i will be able to maintain it). It did came with floormats.
I just want to share i thought it's pretty coincidence my plate number start with EV hahaha

my trade in offer from May 2022 has been honoured last week. They seem to account for the wait time and average milage during that time, hence their original trade in offer may seem low. i.e. in my case, the wait time was 9-12 months. They were estimating trade in price at the end of 9-12 months, so they can still honour it in Feb 2023. Obliviously, the price will mostly be lower than selling it by yourself, but it depends on one's situation and convenience. You should be all good.

Reactions: Serza
is 2023 production has begun for AU or all these recent EDD assignments are still from 2022 production runs?
What's the 10th character of your VIN?

If it's N it's a 2022 build, if P it's 2023

(Teslas built for Australia don't follow the "build year changes in October" pattern they do for other regions)