Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't see them going that low here - but surely the local teams look at the price and get the MY & M3LR underneath all the state's rebate cap...(hopefully enough for extras i.e. paint).

Unless all decisions are not made in Australia and the team here have no power 🤷‍♂️
I doubt price decisions are done here? It’s rather disappointing though to see other countries around the world getting significant price drops, while Australia is still slapped with high prices, our discount was pathetic in comparison, I guess the only way for that to change is if sales drop because of it?🤷🏻‍♂️

And our price without GST is $83,363.
yes, the large difference in price is mainly for P models. RWD price is almost same. AUD63.1k (USD44k) in US vs AUD63.9k in AU. news headlines only states worst case scenario.

new USD prices
1673597634437.png

Reactions: Minties
Hey cobbers. I've been lurking here for a while and finally things started moving for me too, so obviously I have some questions and maybe some of you could help me out.
Because I'm in Tassie, I have no idea when to expect delivery, not even an approximate timeframe. I got my invoice and VIN in mid December, and today I received a text with rego documents to fill in and sign. I'm sticking to the rule that no "delivery date - no payment" and I'm a bit confused now. When I spoke to a Tesla consultant two weeks ago, he said they would ring me first to confirm that the car is in the country, ready to be shipped to Tasmania and I need to pay. Do you happen to know:
  • What's the next step? Should I pay it now or still wait for Tesla to contact me?
  • Which Tesla showroom on the Mainland is handling Tassie deliveries? Who can I contact regarding details my order?
I don't want to pay them too soon, but on the other hand I don't want to unnecessarily delay the delivery. I'd appreciate some advice here.

Hey legends,
Approx how long after filling in the rego form etc would you expect the delivery time message to come through to choose when to pick up?
My delivery date moved from Jan 12 - Feb 02 to Feb 04 - Feb 24. Hoping it doesn't go into the end of March as I'm off to Europe for 3 weeks 😐

Hey cobbers. I've been lurking here for a while and finally things started moving for me too, so obviously I have some questions and maybe some of you could help me out.
Because I'm in Tassie, I have no idea when to expect delivery, not even an approximate timeframe. I got my invoice and VIN in mid December, and today I received a text with rego documents to fill in and sign. I'm sticking to the rule that no "delivery date - no payment" and I'm a bit confused now. When I spoke to a Tesla consultant two weeks ago, he said they would ring me first to confirm that the car is in the country, ready to be shipped to Tasmania and I need to pay. Do you happen to know:
  • What's the next step? Should I pay it now or still wait for Tesla to contact me?
  • Which Tesla showroom on the Mainland is handling Tassie deliveries? Who can I contact regarding details my order?
I don't want to pay them too soon, but on the other hand I don't want to unnecessarily delay the delivery. I'd appreciate some advice here.
Best advice is to contact Tesla in this number (1800 686 705) and follow the prompts.

They have honestly been super helpful since receiving my vin and answering all the questions I have had.

As far as paying, if you're financing, speak to your financer and they will typically say they will pay a couple of days prior to delivery. If you're paying cash, I can't offer any insight to that unfortunately as I went through the finance route.

Hope this helps in some way. 👍🏼

Reactions: Dilepa and Radney
If you will pay in cash, I would say do not pay until you have a fixed delivery day (in NSW, they will send you a link through email/SMS to let you choose a delivery session), then you need to pay at least 2 days before the delivery. But still you better contact Tesla sales for a better explanation.

Last edited:
How do you figure that? MYP is $57k US which is $81k AUD, I’m pretty sure it’s a lot more expensive for that here?
Well we have some extras going on top of our prices that dont figure in the US prices or in that calculation such as shipping cost from Tesla and stamp duty and GST, that then pushes it well over LCT threshold for P models that adds LCT to the price and as our governments dont really have much in subsidies, thats how our price is what it currently is.

Reactions: meloccom
Well we have some extras going on top of our prices that dont figure in the US prices or in that calculation such as shipping cost from Tesla and stamp duty and GST, that then pushes it well over LCT threshold for P models that adds LCT to the price and as our governments dont really have much in subsidies, thats how our price is what it currently is.
I am wondering since we are not getting our cars from the US why we are comparing? Why don’t we compare with price in China as our cars are also from Giga Shanghai.

My answer: to avoid heart attacks once you see their price. 🤣🤣🤣

Hi all,

Picked up my Model 3 Long range Blue from Gold Coast QLD Tesla - Build date 21/11/2022 .

I ordered last Saturday from inventory, paid Monday, payment went overnight from CBA to their Citibank.

Had a pick up appointment for 1:00pm Thursday,

Wednesday filled out the TMR paperwork to register the car...

They registered the car on Thursday morning.

Picked up car Thursday :) (car was on charge when picked up and only had 60% charged)

I can confirm that there was a Tesla mobile charger in the boot! As well as floor matts.

4 day turn around - now have my new car for the weekend!

Hi all,

Picked up my Model 3 Long range Blue from Gold Coast QLD Tesla - Build date 21/11/2022 .

I ordered last Saturday from inventory, paid Monday, payment went overnight from CBA to their Citibank.

Had a pick up appointment for 1:00pm Thursday,

Wednesday filled out the TMR paperwork to register the car...

They registered the car on Thursday morning.

Picked up car Thursday :) (car was on charge when picked up and only had 60% charged)

I can confirm that there was a Tesla mobile charger in the boot! As well as floor matts.

4 day turn around - now have my new car for the weekend!
Thanks for confirming the charger, that's a relief for me

My WA EDD has changed from 12Jan-2Feb to 14Jan-4Feb.
With the cars so close now, every day feels like forever. Is it normal that im now refreshing the Tesla app, checking this forum and social media groups on an hourly basis?
I'm on the next ship. My date is still 28th Jan till 18Feb, but I know from molace that the ship isn't due in Freo till 30th.... So I keep refreshing expecting to see a pushed out date.... So yes..it's normal

Reactions: thirdwill