Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we have some extras going on top of our prices that dont figure in the US prices or in that calculation such as shipping cost from Tesla and stamp duty and GST, that then pushes it well over LCT threshold for P models that adds LCT to the price and as our governments dont really have much in subsidies, thats how our price is what it currently is.
I'm aware of the additional costs, MYP in Oz is $94.900 with nothing added on, which is still way above the price for a MY performace in the US which is around $81,000 AUD, trust me we are definatly paying more.

Hi team - long time follower, first post. Ordered a RDW White/Black on December 1st in Melbourne, but changed to an inventory Gray/White the moment the price reduction went through last week as that meant it would qualify for the VIC $3k ZEV subsidy and delivery would hopefully be speedy. VIN was assigned instantly and EDD is Jan 26 - Feb 16, tax invoice and registration also sorted.

Reason I wanted to join the current conversation is on the comparison between US and AU pricing/tax benefits. I think we're forgetting the FBT subsidy / Novated Lease deal which recently came into effect (and the reason I jumped on a M3). That benefit can easily add up to $30k in benefits, vs. the US$7.5k subsidy in the US. I think we're pretty lucky! Now we just need more superchargers :)

Reactions: Ryanjava and MozMan
I
Demand is tapering off here. There are cars available in inventory and the amount is growing weekly. Waiting times are also reducing. It’s only a matter of time before we get another price reduction.
The problem is a lot of people see these big price drops overseas, then holds off ordering expecting it to happen here? Tesla needs to bring the MY AWD, that would definitely spark interest, they’d sell loads, not sure why that hasn’t happened yet? Spending over $100k just to get the AWD version isn’t good enough, a bigger price drop for the performance models would be good as well, I’m actually waiting for the M3 ‘highland’ before I order, which should also be cheaper considering it’s cheaper to build, hopefully that gets revealed in the next couple of months?

I'm on the next ship. My date is still 28th Jan till 18Feb, but I know from molace that the ship isn't due in Freo till 30th.... So I keep refreshing expecting to see a pushed out date.... So yes..it's normal
Mine is still 28/1 to 18/2 with invoice received and registration forms filled in, but VIN is not on molace. 🤔 . Waiting continues for next comms from Tesla.

Reactions: Jmadrox
Demand is tapering off here. There are cars available in inventory and the amount is growing weekly. Waiting times are also reducing. It’s only a matter of time before we get another price reduction.
I've been monitoring the existing stock in SA and in Vic. 3 weeks ago SA had 3 vehicles, Vic had more than 8. On Friday SA had zero (today back to 1), Vic down to 2. I would suggest that indicates demand is increasing, but I might be wrong.

The local inventory is also not necessarily vehicles that are ready for pick-up immediately and maybe in transit from factory.
With Tesla's aggressive growth targets maybe demand and supply (production) are increasing. Supply just outpacing demand.

PS. I now have my wall connector installed and floor mats have arrived.....but still no car 🙃

I noticed that Lithium, Iron Ore, Aluminium and Copper pricing has been trending upwards again lately, so the cost of production might increase as well in the short/medium term