Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to say this but, I agree. I do hope they manufacture and deliver the LR spec in the same batch as SR for AU. The F5 button on my keyboard is wearing out already.
Do we know if the LR still has a different battery to the SR? I think LR are getting delivered to Europe, would have to double check that though..
I hope they all come at the same time too, everyone is waiting ever so patiently... haha

Screenshot 2023-10-22 143222.png

This is Germany, cant wait until our page is the same!

Do we know if the LR still has a different battery to the SR? I think LR are getting delivered to Europe, would have to double check that though..
I hope they all come at the same time too, everyone is waiting ever so patiently... haha
According to this site: 2024 Tesla Model 3 price and specs: Mid-life refresh gets improved range and tech

The key difference is the Model 3 RWD has a lithium-iron-phosphate (LFP) battery and can recharge at up to 170kW DC (with no charge limit), whereas the Long Range use a nickel-manganese-cobalt (NMC) pack and peaks at up to 250kW DC speeds (with a 90 per cent charge limit recommendation).

Reactions: dronus
A question for those waiting on a Long Range Highland - has anyone heard whether it will be available with Acceleration Boost? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be since motors/batteries are carried over from 2023 models, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. I suppose now that it is in the hands of the people we should be able to find out now?

A question for those waiting on a Long Range Highland - has anyone heard whether it will be available with Acceleration Boost? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be since motors/batteries are carried over from 2023 models, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. I suppose now that it is in the hands of the people we should be able to find out now?
Do you mean whether it's 'capable' of Acceleration Boost? Because I thought that it was a paid add-on, not available by default with that spec.

I have an order in for a M3LR and I have the same question.
nothing is confirmed yet and the Highland vehicles that were delivered to customers this weekend in Germany don’t seem to be the LR variant yet.
Will have to wait longer I think.

Reactions: MBau
I have an order in for a M3LR and I have the same question.
nothing is confirmed yet and the Highland vehicles that were delivered to customers this weekend in Germany don’t seem to be the LR variant yet.
Will have to wait longer I think.
I’m just waiting for all the Tesla accessories sites and Amazon to update their listings to show 2024 highland compatibility … ugh-mergh-gherd

Do we know if the LR still has a different battery to the SR?
Yes the batteries are the same as the pre-Highland Model 3 and Model Y

Someone with "repairer" access to the Tesla database did a VIN lookup of one of the media cars - the LR that was featured on the Fully Charged Show.
It shows the same LG battery pack and same drive units as before.
BT43 BATTERY E3 M50F LG Battery Pack
FD01 FRONT DRIVE UNIT Low Current IGBT IM130 Drive Unit, CN
RD05 REAR DRIVE UNIT Low Current MOSFET PM228 Drive Unit