Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dronus I just saw this posted on Whirlpool
If i wasnt working from home today i would have gone and sat in the carpark down the road from the Tesla place and got pics but its too far away and i couldnt be bothered. If they are still open on Sunday when im on my way to the airport ill drive past, but it will be old news by then..

Reactions: Jules22
Viking Passama in Auckland

Screenshot 2023-11-24 143425.png

Reactions: Jules22
For what it's worth, and I'm sure a few of you would be thinking similar things, the people whinging about the lack of stalks/buttons on this model seem to think this is how driving will be for many more years into the future.

Arguably, once FSD is legal/released/matured/sold to the masses and viably safe (in who knows how many years), Tesla envisions a future of having minimal input from a driver and eventually, no driver required in the driver's seat. It's not certain the Highland M3 will be the one to see that version of FSD in its later years of life.. but the pro stalkers/buttons mob will quickly realise these are now redundant features in a car that is doing the driving itself.

I'd put money on that when we shifted from horse-drawn carriages to gasoline engines, people were whinging that they missed their horses too...

For what it's worth, and I'm sure a few of you would be thinking similar things, the people whinging about the lack of stalks/buttons on this model seem to think this is how driving will be for many more years into the future.

Arguably, once FSD is legal/released/matured/sold to the masses and viably safe (in who knows how many years), Tesla envisions a future of having minimal input from a driver and eventually, no driver required in the driver's seat. It's not certain the Highland M3 will be the one to see that version of FSD in its later years of life.. but the pro stalkers/buttons mob will quickly realise these are now redundant features in a car that is doing the driving itself.

I'd put money on that when we shifted from horse-drawn carriages to gasoline engines, people were whinging that they missed their horses too...
Yeah, some people just can't handle change.

All of the reviews have made the comment that they got used to it very quickly (even those with something to gain as they sell after market stalks).

I really see it as a non-issue.

Some People associate change as a threat as it requires stepping out of their comfort zone to accept. This is normal for most people and while they struggle to accept change im the first to forgive them for the things they say.
We see this over and over “rusted on” people who feel threatened, often scared, by change. They can identify as a victim of a situation they can’t control.
Look back at any online comments as the Aussie car manufacturing industry was imploding. Unfortunately the mob mentality is addictive and contagious so other people follow what’s being said the loudest.

I find human behaviour fascinating, especially the association between belongings and sence of self. A lack in a belonging can lead to a feeling of lack of self. This has been drummed into us as “I have therefore I am” but some of the most grounded people with sage advice don’t identify with that.
Ironic I know to say in a Tesla forum but you are right, people will get over it, this too will pass :)
I can’t wait to try driving stalkless haha, but I’m always doing something a little different to everyone else haha.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30