Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, just got back from the preview.

It looks even better in person!

They only had the one car, Blue RWD. I swear the blue colour looks much better than the old blue, but they assured me it's the same,

@dronus I tried to check the build date, but couldn't bring it up for some reason. Can confirm though that these are AU cars and they've come directly here, it only had the 20km trip from the delivery center to the show room.

One thing that I haven't seen in any of the reviews, the mobile phone charging pads are MUCH bigger. My wife has an obnoxiously big phone case which you had to jam into the old M3 charging pad, it fits in the new one with oodles of space.

The indicator buttons were a surprise, I've seen reviews varying from saying haptic feedback to slight movement, it's actually more like a rocker switch, there's quite a bit of movement and I think they will be even easier to find without looking than I had thought based on the videos.

The other massive surprise, even after seeing it mentioned in all the videos, is actually how quiet it is. I was sitting in the car with one of the Tesla employees (they were as keen to check it out as we were) and we started playing with all the horn sounds (yep I wasn't too shy to try annoying everyone in the showroom), we actually thought they weren't working as we couldn't hear them, she was playing around trying to figure out if they just weren't working in showroom mode or something, when I wound the window down and then we heard them blaring, extremely loud, lol, The noise insulation is incredible.

Anyhow, tried to grill a few of the employees about delivery timeframes, etc, they really don't know anything. They just get a message to say start scheduling deliveries for these people etc. They are hopeful they might come earlier, but they have no idea, so just keep to the company line, Jan -Mar.

1700819170012.png