Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My novated lease company just called and asked if I need help selling/trade in my current vehicle as delivery of new car is approaching.

Hmmm is that a good sign or just standard thing they do?
I assume just standard. Going by my lease company, they don't even talk to Tesla. It is my responsibility to let them know when I have a delivery date as they won't find out themselves.

I assume just standard. Going by my lease company, they don't even talk to Tesla. It is my responsibility to let them know when I have a delivery date as they won't find out themselves.
Yep, Tesla will provide the invoice for full payment directly to us, and we must forward it to the NL team who will prepare the paperwork, even though Tesla is aware we are using a NL company to finance the vehicle.

Reactions: dronus
you beat me to it lol

Well, there's a little Dronus waiting
At the counter of the Tesla shop
He's been waiting down there, waiting half a year
They never ever see him from the top
He gets pushed around, knocked to the ground
He gets to his feet and he says
What about me? It isn't fair
I've had enough, now I want my Model 3
Can't you see, I wanna drive
But you just wont give me a VIN
Haha classic!

Anyone know exactly how the S3XY buttons work? Bluetooth?
Do they need charging regularly?

Is there an API that can be used by anyone, or do they have some special developer deal?

Asking because all the add-on stalks I have seen require placing the entire steering wheel column surround or one that has the stalks built in. But surely if a S3XY button can operate the indicator then surely a similar wireless option but just a single stalk that can be stuck to the steering column with sticky pads would work?

Anyone know exactly how the S3XY buttons work? Bluetooth?
Do they need charging regularly?

Is there an API that can be used by anyone, or do they have some special developer deal?

Asking because all the add-on stalks I have seen require placing the entire steering wheel column surround or one that has the stalks built in. But surely if a S3XY button can operate the indicator then surely a similar wireless option but just a single stalk that can be stuck to the steering column with sticky pads would work?
I think they talk to the commander thing?

Reactions: PcS000 and Cocoboy
I was able to do a test drive at tesla Miranda yesterday. Stealth grey with 19" nova wheels on display, very beautiful colour.
Test vehicle was the deep blue metallic with the 18" photon wheels.

No major issues with using the stalkless indicators. Also did a couple of three point turns and using the drive / reverse selectors was no problem (maybe because I've watched both tesla tom videos already so know what to expect).

Car feels solid and well put together.

Compared to 2022 model 3 it felt quieter, ventilated seats were fantastic (though you can hear the fans when on cooling). The sound system sounds like it's been improved and second display is handy for the rear passengers.

I have also noticed lately that my car is slowing down for roundabouts by itself when I’m in cruise control /autopilot. I don’t remember it doing this before? maybe it’s been there the whole time and I hadn’t noticed?
It does that now if you have a navigation route active - it'll start slowing down before you have to make a turn, which includes navigating a roundabout.

It started happening in one of the releases this year - I can't remember which one though.

Reactions: dronus and PcS000
Drove a Highland LR today. Some thoughts:
- Looks incredible in person. The previous Model 3 looks very old by comparison (particularly from the back). Nova wheels look amazing too.
- shifting gears on the screen is extremely intuitive. Couldn’t try auto shift out of park as the car only had 13km on the odometer and the cameras hadn’t calibrated yet
- wheel-mounted indicators were a bit of a pain on some roundabouts but far superior otherwise. Overall an improvement in my opinion.
- acceleration boost unavailable at launch but will probably come down the track
- cabin is very quiet to the point I couldn’t hear other vehicles in most circumstances. Some wind noise from the rear side windows when about 90kmh which I thought was odd. Perhaps a fitment issue.

Drove a Highland LR today. Some thoughts:
- Looks incredible in person. The previous Model 3 looks very old by comparison (particularly from the back). Nova wheels look amazing too.
- shifting gears on the screen is extremely intuitive. Couldn’t try auto shift out of park as the car only had 13km on the odometer and the cameras hadn’t calibrated yet
- wheel-mounted indicators were a bit of a pain on some roundabouts but far superior otherwise. Overall an improvement in my opinion.
- acceleration boost unavailable at launch but will probably come down the track
- cabin is very quiet to the point I couldn’t hear other vehicles in most circumstances. Some wind noise from the rear side windows when about 90kmh which I thought was odd. Perhaps a fitment issue.

I was able to do a test drive at tesla Miranda yesterday. Stealth grey with 19" nova wheels on display, very beautiful colour.
Test vehicle was the deep blue metallic with the 18" photon wheels.

No major issues with using the stalkless indicators. Also did a couple of three point turns and using the drive / reverse selectors was no problem (maybe because I've watched both tesla tom videos already so know what to expect).

Car feels solid and well put together.

Compared to 2022 model 3 it felt quieter, ventilated seats were fantastic (though you can hear the fans when on cooling). The sound system sounds like it's been improved and second display is handy for the rear passengers.
If I have time tommorow arvo before I fly back out I might drop in for a look at the Canberra one if it’s still there.
Does anyone know if they just had the one?

If I have time tommorow arvo before I fly back out I might drop in for a look at the Canberra one if it’s still there.
Does anyone know if they just had the one?
I thought they did only have the one, and they had said they didn't know when test drives would start but probably not until Jan, but clearly they have more than one and are doing test drives.

I thought they did only have the one, and they had said they didn't know when test drives would start but probably not until Jan, but clearly they have more than one and are doing test drives.
Cool well even if I can’t drive it I’ve got some door thunking to catch up on nonetheless.

Might even ask the guy where the stalks are and how I’m supposed to exit roundabouts, operate windscreen wipers or flash high beams and see if they are sick of those lines yet…

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22