Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought they did only have the one, and they had said they didn't know when test drives would start but probably not until Jan, but clearly they have more than one and are doing test drives.
Their left indicator is clearly not talking to their right indicator which is a hazard.

Haha

See what I did there?

I think I should have a nap.

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000
Anyone got a VIN yet?
IMG_3026.jpeg

Had my first in person look at the Model 3 Highland today at Mulgrave (Melbourne), if any one is interested in my thoughts.

It was grey with white interior.

- EXTERIOR: I much prefer the new rear end, looks a lot cleaner and more expensive, seemly a common opinion. The front, I am not so sure, I do think the old car looks froggy, but this can also look a little boring, if slightly more aggressive. Either way, its not offensive. Overall, an improvement.

- BUILD QUALITY: Yes, the new interior somehow feels higher quality, the doors so feel more solid when closing, as good as any frameless door can be. Soft touch plastic on the door cards all the way down.

- CENTRE CONSOLE: I think this looks great, and feels better again than the last update. The surface is some kind of faux metal, feels expensive.

- DOOR CARD DESIGN: Not sure yet, looks better in person than the photos, but I prefer black. I wouldn't like the feeling of only vegan leather across that massive area. The great fabric on the dash does feel quite nice, but its somehow to lightly coloured, on the black SR interior where is all over the door card, its going to get dirty quickly. Again, if anyone doesn't know, you need to get the LR to get black alcantara/suede now. Door release button is bigger and better.

- DASH: The wrap around dash looks okay, seems a little too circular considering the new centre console has gone to an edgier design along with the exterior. The new fabric strip looks a little weird to me, would prefer it to be darker. Many online reviews talk about changing it, but nothing yet from Tesla. The RGB lighting does look kinda cool, not really my thing, but I am sure it has plenty of followers, I'd definitely being having it OFF at night, on screen display only offer on/off/auto.

- STEERING WHEEL: Looks and feels MUCH more premium than the last one. The last steering wheel really looks cheap, especially the airbag cover and the plastic around the scroll wheels. This is vastly better... HOWEVER, it still has two main faults, the leather stitching has been moved from the usual inside the wheel position to the rear of the wheel, it feels weird and i simply cannot understand why you would do that. Also, the thumb grips are still not at 9 and 3, more like 2:30 and 9:30. Good steering wheels always have the thump grips at the 9-3 position, take a look at wheels on a Porsche and GR86. Still too fat for my tastes too. The haptic buttons feel great, and look expensive... further comments below.

- LACK OF STALKS: It looks great without the stalks, the haptic buttons feel great. HOWEVER, even without driving it, its feels silly, I cannot see myself liking this, would still like to have the stalks and have been able to have customize the haptic functions. Its not just the indicators either, the drive mode select via the stalk is so natural. Forgot to check how the hell you are supposed to flash your high beams now. This one could be the deal breaker for me. I am interested to see what EnhanceAuto comes up with. I don't want to get used to it, even with my current car, I really wish I could have indicators on the right, let alone this crap.

- SEATS: New seats feel great, massive improvement over the old ones, the perforations really help give it the premium feel, along with the cooling. One of the big upgrades.... still disappointed at no cloth/suede option. The seats are firmer yet more supportive, feel more like something from a German brand.

- REAR SCREEN: Not much to say, does do much for me. The car badly needed rear seat heater controls and fan controls, so I guess that's good. Not sure more on screen vent control was required however. Everyone has a phone, so not much use for the screen other than that. I guess they save 10c by dumping the centre rear seat heater. I would have thought actual 3 zone climate could have been a thing still.

- FRONT SCREEN: Looks like the exact same quality, but the bezel reduction really does make a difference to the "premium" vibe.

Other than the lack of stalks, it;s overall good from me, doesn't really feel like a new car, just exactly what it is, a mid cycle refresh. If I could pick a cxouple of things that should have been addressed, its the lack of black headlining and motorised blind for the glass roof.

Waiting to see what the performance has to offer, and the Juniper Model Y version.

Had my first in person look at the Model 3 Highland today at Mulgrave (Melbourne), if any one is interested in my thoughts.

- EXTERIOR: I much prefer the new rear end, looks a lot cleaner and more expensive, seemly a common opinion. The front, I am not so sure, I do think the old car looks froggy, but this can also look a little boring, if slightly more aggressive. Either way, its not offensive. Overall, an improvement.

- BUILD QUALITY: Yes, the new interior somehow feels higher quality, the doors so feel more solid when closing, as good as any frameless door can be. Soft touch plastic on the door cards all the way down.

- CENTRE CONSOLE: I think this looks great, and feels better again than the last update. The surface is some kind of faux metal, feels expensive.

- DOOR CARD DESIGN: Not sure yet, looks better in person than the photos, but I prefer black. I wouldn't like the feeling of only vegan leather across that massive area. The great fabric on the dash does feel quite nice, but its somehow to lightly coloured, on the black SR interior where is all over the door card, its going to get dirty quickly. Again, if anyone doesn't know, you need to get the LR to get black alcantara/suede now. Door release button is bigger and better.

- DASH: The wrap around dash looks okay, seems a little too circular considering the new centre console has gone to an edgier design along with the exterior. The new fabric strip looks a little weird to me, would prefer it to be darker. Many online reviews talk about changing it, but nothing yet from Tesla. The RGB lighting does look kinda cool, not really my thing, but I am sure it has plenty of followers, I'd definitely being having it OFF at night, on screen display only offer on/off/auto.

- STEERING WHEEL: Looks and feels MUCH more premium than the last one. The last steering wheel really looks cheap, especially the airbag cover and the plastic around the scroll wheels. This is vastly better... HOWEVER, it still has two main faults, the leather stitching has been moved from the usual inside the wheel position to the rear of the wheel, it feels weird and i simply cannot understand why you would do that. Also, the thumb grips are still not at 9 and 3, more like 2:30 and 9:30. Good steering wheels always have the thump grips at the 9-3 position, take a look at wheels on a Porsche and GR86. Still too fat for my tastes too. The haptic buttons feel great, and look expensive... further comments below.

- LACK OF STALKS: It looks great without the stalks, the haptic buttons feel great. HOWEVER, even without driving it, its feels silly, I cannot see myself liking this, would still like to have the stalks and have been able to have customize the haptic functions. Its not just the indicators either, the drive mode select via the stalk is so natural. Forgot to check how the hell you are supposed to flash your high beams now. This one could be the deal breaker for me. I am interested to see what EnhanceAuto comes up with. I don't want to get used to it, even with my current car, I really wish I could have indicators on the right, let alone this crap.

- SEATS: New seats feel great, massive improvement over the old ones, the perforations really help give it the premium feel, along with the cooling. One of the big upgrades.... still disappointed at no cloth/suede option. The seats are firmer yet more supportive, feel more like something from a German brand.

- REAR SCREEN: Not much to say, does do much for me. The car badly needed rear seat heater controls and fan controls, so I guess that's good. Not sure more on screen vent control was required however. Everyone has a phone, so not much use for the screen other than that. I guess they save 10c by dumping the centre rear seat heater. I would have thought actual 3 zone climate could have been a thing still.

- FRONT SCREEN: Looks like the exact same quality, but the bezel reduction really does make a difference to the "premium" vibe.

Other than the lack of stalks, it;s overall good from me, doesn't really feel like a new car, just exactly what it is, a mid cycle refresh. If I could pick a cxouple of things that should have been addressed, its the lack of black headlining and motorised blind for the glass roof.

Waiting to see what the performance has to offer, and the Juniper Model Y version.
Great review, thanks for posting..

"Again, if anyone doesn't know, you need to get the LR to get black alcantara/suede now."
What does RWD come with?

Reactions: dronus

Good review, thanks for taking the time to post it.
I’m not used to having a drive stalk at all so I guess I’ll only have to get used to the missing indicator stalk but I’m open to changing if means I get to buy my first Tesla :) I guess it’s different for you guys that have been driving them before and I totally respect that :)
Motorised blind would be an awesome touch so we don’t have to faff around with removable shades. Play it by ear I guess.
Thanks again 🙏

Did they only get one car? If so, maybe after our cars get delivered.
If they start doing test drives in a stealth grey with black interior and I haven’t taken delivery there will be some extra furious fist shaking going on haha

Always possible they got more than one, we thought CBR only had one also, worth giving them a call and asking if you are keen @sishome

Watching the latest Ludicrous Feed video, it seemed like the sensor alerts were constantly going off in the car park when there was nothing dangerous happening. I only briefly test drove the 2023 Model 3 and didn't notice that happening (although I didn't go to a busy car park). Is that normal Tesla behaviour or something to do with vision only vs. USS?

Watching the latest Ludicrous Feed video, it seemed like the sensor alerts were constantly going off in the car park when there was nothing dangerous happening. I only briefly test drove the 2023 Model 3 and didn't notice that happening (although I didn't go to a busy car park). Is that normal Tesla behaviour or something to do with vision only vs. USS?
It might have been beeping because the CANBUS noticed that the stalks were missing and the door had not been thunked recently?

• Funny
Reactions: avfc1982 and PcS000