Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watching the latest Ludicrous Feed video, it seemed like the sensor alerts were constantly going off in the car park when there was nothing dangerous happening. I only briefly test drove the 2023 Model 3 and didn't notice that happening (although I didn't go to a busy car park). Is that normal Tesla behaviour or something to do with vision only vs. USS?

I saw, or read, something yesterday I think where someone said they couldn't test the Testra vision because the car needed more KMs to calibrate the cameras. Made me think of this because he was showing off that it only had 7km on the clock when he picked it up. So maybe it just needs calibrating more.

Reactions: avfc1982 and dronus
I saw, or read, something yesterday I think where someone said they couldn't test the Testra vision because the car needed more KMs to calibrate the cameras. Made me think of this because he was showing off that it only had 7km on the clock when he picked it up. So maybe it just needs calibrating more.
That makes sense. @Cocoboy how long did yours take to calibrate?

Watching the latest Ludicrous Feed video, it seemed like the sensor alerts were constantly going off in the car park when there was nothing dangerous happening. I only briefly test drove the 2023 Model 3 and didn't notice that happening (although I didn't go to a busy car park). Is that normal Tesla behaviour or something to do with vision only vs. USS?
Car was getting nervous because he was driving without Joy telling him what to do

Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 11.24.55 am.png

Any chance?

If Don Juan is our ship, that likely means our vehicles are sitting in several parts around Gigafactory Shanghai, awaiting to be pressed and assembled within the next week or 2.

Yeah, the information that Tesla employees have their VIN's is throwing me a little. Definitely can't imagine a whole ship is full of only employee vehicles.

I guess one theory could be that they are on VP and there was only enough room for the NZ vehicles and employee vehicles. In that case MC could be carrying a non-Tesla load and ours are all going to be on DJ. Though if that theory is correct and there are some spares on the VP that don't get snapped up by employees some of us could be in luck should they match our specs, but in that case I don't think we'd find out until they off-load.

Reactions: dronus
Yeah, the information that Tesla employees have their VIN's is throwing me a little. Definitely can't imagine a whole ship is full of only employee vehicles.

I guess one theory could be that they are on VP and there was only enough room for the NZ vehicles and employee vehicles. In that case MC could be carrying a non-Tesla load and ours are all going to be on DJ. Though if that theory is correct and there are some spares on the VP that don't get snapped up by employees some of us could be in luck should they match our specs, but in that case I don't think we'd find out until they off-load.
Yeah that's true, I think you're on the money there.. likey there was space leftover (or very few spaces to let demo's/employee models on board)

I'll wager a S3XY button our's are all coming on DJ...

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
Popped over to Tesla Parramatta today to have a look at the new Model 3 cars. They have three or four 'on the lot' over there. Apparently the staff drove all the old M3s away on Wednesday evening and brought the new demonstrator cars back to the office.

Can confirm: door think is very satisfactory. Red is beautiful (but extra price is just silly).

The guy said: "Have you ordered one yet?" I replied in the affirmative.

He said: "Have you driven one yet?" I said that I've never driven any Tesla before (which is true).

"Would you like to take one for a drive?", says he. Took me a bout a nanosecond to decide.

He put me in a red LR with 18" wheels (basically what I have ordered except for the colour). Three minutes of instruction on setting the mirrors and steering wheel, and he lets me loose.

Wow.

My brother has a 2019 M3 LR. I have never been impressed by the noise level inside or the firm harsh suspension. The new M3 is completely different. It's calm (until you put your right foot down), quiet and delightfully smooth. Suspension tune is sportier than the H6 Subaru Liberty that I just sold (which was beautiful on the highway but a bit of a barge around town).

And the door thunks just complete the package.

Walked away with ZERO doubts about this purchase.

As I was leaving, the guy teased me with "We're hoping that VINs will start to be assigned in the next couple of weeks."

Popped over to Tesla Parramatta today to have a look at the new Model 3 cars. They have three or four 'on the lot' over there. Apparently the staff drove all the old M3s away on Wednesday evening and brought the new demonstrator cars back to the office.

Can confirm: door think is very satisfactory. Red is beautiful (but extra price is just silly).

The guy said: "Have you ordered one yet?" I replied in the affirmative.

He said: "Have you driven one yet?" I said that I've never driven any Tesla before (which is true).

"Would you like to take one for a drive?", says he. Took me a bout a nanosecond to decide.

He put me in a red LR with 18" wheels (basically what I have ordered except for the colour). Three minutes of instruction on setting the mirrors and steering wheel, and he lets me loose.

Wow.

My brother has a 2019 M3 LR. I have never been impressed by the noise level inside or the firm harsh suspension. The new M3 is completely different. It's calm (until you put your right foot down), quiet and delightfully smooth. Suspension tune is sportier than the H6 Subaru Liberty that I just sold (which was beautiful on the highway but a bit of a barge around town).

And the door thunks just complete the package.

Walked away with ZERO doubts about this purchase.

As I was leaving, the guy teased me with "We're hoping that VINs will start to be assigned in the next couple of weeks."
Very happy to read this and the other updates from you guys after visiting the showrooms.

Seems like the staff are being more open about expecting/hoping for VIN assignment in the next couple of weeks. I guess the next level of prodding should be "are these for orders made in Aug and/or Sep and/or Oct?"

Very happy to read this and the other updates from you guys after visiting the showrooms.

Seems like the staff are being more open about expecting/hoping for VIN assignment in the next couple of weeks. I guess the next level of prodding should be "are these for orders made in Aug and/or Sep and/or Oct?"
The models yet to arrive in NZ on Morning Crystal have build dates of 8th November.

I'd say very unlikely based on that.

Don Juan would be much more likely based on the ports it's going to, MC/VP are a long shot but still possible.
Does anyone have any info on it's itinerary. I am searching but can't find anything.
It is certainly interesting that it is coming to Australia. I read that all the BYD Seals and Dolphins are already on their way for delivery this Qtr.

Reactions: dronus