Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else who had an order in for a model 3 pre-highland (and had it converted to highland) for any details in their account in reference to an estimated date of delivery?
Just wanted to check as mine has always been TBD with no date range and this makes me a little nervous 😵‍💫

Just going back to the discussion a few pages back about mobile chargers etc:

Not sure if new owners know that all the local Tesla owners' clubs lend out cables and adapters that you can use for road trips. TOCAWA has 32A three phase adapters for use at camp sites and Type 2 to Type 2 cables for public chargers. Might be worth keeping in mind if you were planning to buy a cable specifically for road trips.
In a similar theme of generosity if anyone gets stuck over here in SA and needs a type 2 cable or UMC to get them out of a sticky situation just sing out, can see if I can help out. Our charging infrastructure isn’t as good as the east coast and you never know if your only option is an untethered Chargefox or (worse case scenario) a GPO or 3phase socket at a truck stop haha.

Reactions: avfc1982
Just going back to the discussion a few pages back about mobile chargers etc:

Not sure if new owners know that all the local Tesla owners' clubs lend out cables and adapters that you can use for road trips. TOCAWA has 32A three phase adapters for use at camp sites and Type 2 to Type 2 cables for public chargers. Might be worth keeping in mind if you were planning to buy a cable specifically for road trips.
Yeah, good point, I'm a member here, and probably will just use that service as I'll be lucky to need it more than once or twice a year.

Reactions: avfc1982 and dronus
Looks like TITUS is going via Singapore, which seems consistent with the UK/EU route previous ships have taken.

Re other ships, always a possibility that others pop up but with Don Juan only a few days out, I think that's our most likely option.

Speculation, but BA must have just been a limited opportunity to put a few cars onto a carrier that had a little bit of space left over. Hence the fact it's only going to two ports and delivering a limited number of vehicles.

Reactions: DougalVizsla
Looks like TITUS is going via Singapore, which seems consistent with the UK/EU route previous ships have taken.

Re other ships, always a possibility that others pop up but with Don Juan only a few days out, I think that's our most likely option.

Speculation, but BA must have just been a limited opportunity to put a few cars onto a carrier that had a little bit of space left over. Hence the fact it's only going to two ports and delivering a limited number of vehicles.
How many of us here have VINs now? Just a lucky couple hey

100%, I've been experimenting or I guess building the muscle memory, for the past few months in my current car (also in CBR). I have a volume button exactly where the left indicator will be. There's only one button you need to worry about so it's very easy to know where it is just by seeing the position of the wheel out of the corner of your eye.

I've been able to successfuly hit that button every time on all of the roundabouts I go through in Canberra with the added difficulty of having to actually indicate using the stalk first.
For the past week I’ve been practicing not indicating at all. The level of road rage and verbal abuse is slightly higher, but nothing that won’t be counteracted by the acoustic glass and ability to get away quicker from the fist shaking and banjo playing :)

Guess What?

IMG_7612.jpeg

That’s not our cars :(

I’m boycotting watching any more YouTube “content creators” who get given m3h for a week to thunk and comment on lack of stalks.

Or news of another shipload going to some weird place in Europe I’ve never heard of.

We get it. Don’t need to sell us the car, we have already signed up, just send them already.

Reactions: Tesl3on
Has anyone else who had an order in for a model 3 pre-highland (and had it converted to highland) for any details in their account in reference to an estimated date of delivery?
Just wanted to check as mine has always been TBD with no date range and this makes me a little nervous 😵‍💫
Mine was a converted order and I do have a January - March estimate. It might be worth raising with your SA?

No update from me either mate. If I were a betting man, I’d bet that no one in SA has their VIN/ETA other than the Tesla employees.

Reactions: dronus
I’m boycotting watching any more YouTube “content creators” who get given m3h for a week to thunk and comment on lack of stalks.

Or news of another shipload going to some weird place in Europe I’ve never heard of.

We get it. Don’t need to sell us the car, we have already signed up, just send them already.
I saw one on YouTube the other day, an Aussie who got to talk about the new Model 3 like an expert.
He kept saying it was the Long Range, giving all the tech specs for the LR, but it was so obviously a RWD. Clueless.

He didn't mention the thunk either.

Reactions: dronus