Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I messaged my SA? earlier today and he thinks that no matter the colour or config etc. should be seen in the first/next shipment at the start of the year.
Yeah, you probably ordered early enough that it will be. They build for a good few weeks before they ship the first batch from what I can tell. This Q cars were built as late as 2nd November, they're probably the ones that have just arrived in AU this week, but the earlier ones were being delivered by mid-November.

Reactions: rgc1990
Yeah, you probably ordered early enough that it will be. They build for a good few weeks before they ship the first batch from what I can tell. This Q cars were built as late as 2nd November, they're probably the ones that have just arrived in AU this week, but the earlier ones were being delivered by mid-November.
Ah, I see.. makes sense.
I’ll stop furiously checking my Tesla account and try to learn some patience 😁

Can't believe a couple of days difference on the order date has pushed the EDD out by months haha. I was told to expect it in Feb/March. I also read somewhere that exports get built at the start of the quarter, then local (Chinese) deliveries get manufactured at the end of the quarter. Which ties in on the ETA that the sales rep mentioned.

Model LR
EXT: MSM
INT: Black
OD: 10/11/2021
VIN: No
EDD: No

Can't believe a couple of days difference on the order date has pushed the EDD out by months haha. I was told to expect it in Feb/March. I also read somewhere that exports get built at the start of the quarter, then local (Chinese) deliveries get manufactured at the end of the quarter. Which ties in on the ETA that the sales rep mentioned.

Model LR
EXT: MSM
INT: Black
OD: 10/11/2021
VIN: No
EDD: No
Ooh, finally someone with exactly the same config as me! I ordered on the 8th, and getting delivered to Sydney. Will be interesting to see how things shake out for us in terms of delivery dates.

Ooh, finally someone with exactly the same config as me! I ordered on the 8th, and getting delivered to Sydney. Will be interesting to see how things shake out for us in terms of delivery dates.
Nice. Picking the colour was tough. I love the exterior in white, but there's just so many in white. On the flip side, i never see the grey on the road so it's hard to confirm that i made the right choice haha.

Nice. Picking the colour was tough. I love the exterior in white, but there's just so many in white. On the flip side, i never see the grey on the road so it's hard to confirm that i made the right choice haha.
Haha, yeah, white and black seemed boring, red was too expensive (and felt cliche to me at least) - so really for me it was between MSM/Blue and MSM seemed nicest. I've seen a few on the roads, they look pretty good.. darker than a normal silver.

Anyway, I'm doing a test drive on Monday, so i'll decide if I made the right colour choice when I can see all the options in the showroom! Realistically I'm not going to change my mind now and lose my place in line though!

Reactions: rgc1990 and EFB055
Same here. I ordered white thinking I could change it, then I couldn't. I actually decided I wanted Aussie flag blue, but I wasn't waiting until March for the next lot, so white it is. I actually really like the pearl white, so the $1500 goes towards a HPWU and installation thereof!