Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now my home screen has been updated XD
1E820507-513A-47F8-AC3B-148A830ED1D0.jpeg

For reference on what the widget shows when a car is listed in your account - not sure if you can adjust what’s displayed.

- car name
- sentry
- lock status
- range remaining
- location address

Hi All!
Need to cut back checking my Tesla account for any updates ;)

Model 3 LR
EXT: White
INT: White
OD: 18/11
VIN: nil
EDD: nil

Regards,
Stephen
Hi All,
Still no delivery date, but checking daily!
I was tempted last night. A white on white Model 3 performance ex demo showed up on the NSW inventory page. It had 3900km and $9000 off the new car price. After stamp duty rebates on the Long Range it still would have been $9000 more expensive than what I've ordered. Luckily before I had a chance to do something impulsive this morning, someone else must have brought it overnight. That was a close one!

Regards,
Stephen

Still no delivery date, but checking daily!
I would expect to first see a hidden VIN in the first weeks of January (use the Chrome Extension if you don't have it already) - once you have a car allocated presumably then the slightly more specific dates start appearing, and from what I hear shifting around all the time until much closer to delivery.

I'm sure the next few months will fly by, but man it would've been nice to have the new car over the summer break! Whenever it comes there'll be plenty of time to enjoy it I guess.

But we're not on these forums to be patiently waiting, we're here to speculate and second guess and try to will our cars into coming sooner! 😅

I would expect to first see a hidden VIN in the first weeks of January (use the Chrome Extension if you don't have it already) - once you have a car allocated presumably then the slightly more specific dates start appearing, and from what I hear shifting around all the time until much closer to delivery.

I'm sure the next few months will fly by, but man it would've been nice to have the new car over the summer break! Whenever it comes there'll be plenty of time to enjoy it I guess.

But we're not on these forums to be patiently waiting, we're here to speculate and second guess and try to will our cars into coming sooner!
Hi MarcinS,
Yeah, my wife keeps reminding me that the model 3 LR is my Christmas / birthday present for the next few years so it would have been nice to get something actually by Christmas ;)
Hopefully things will start happening in January!

Regards,
Stephen

The authority to register form, a VicRoads form not a Tesla form.
I forgot people are in different states! Yeah, in NSW I got a NSW "Application for Registration" form to sign (via Tesla's electronic signature platform) the day I ordered. Just had to fill in my address, and sign, but there were no vehicle details because a vehicle hasn't been allocated yet.

Do we know which of the recently announced/speculated changes will apply to vehicles ordered now/delivered Feb-March?

We hear about them and we don't know for sure until deliveries start.

In recent deliveries we've seen:
  • Rear heated seats
  • Heated steering wheel
So they are now locked in. But what about:
  • Lithium 12V battery
  • Ryzen CPU
  • Double glazed rear windows
?

but maybe that means you'll get the upgrades like the new MCU / 12V battery / etc
Ha, only just read your post *after* writing mine.

I'm not too stressed about the wait time. It means that:
  • If the price goes down, I'll get the lower price.
  • If the price goes up, I'll get the lower price.
  • If the Model Y RWD is announced within that time, I could change my order to it
  • If the Model Y is announced in that time and there's no RWD, I don't have to wait 3 more months!
  • I have time to consider and order accessories :)