Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the next thing we should be doing is searching 'LRW' in the page source :D
I've checked page source many times, and usually examine the vine entry just near the bottom of the page. I've never looked at other details [page too alien for my eyes & brain to absorb]. That line remains unchamged.
Regardless, whatever the "matched" or " Finalise"status was before, they now read "false" and "finalise" like all the other comments so far.
I'd like to hope its meaningful, but don't know.
I will be paying much more attention over next few days.
Does any one know if VINs get allocated over weekends, or in evening [as in USA time]

My order page URL has been product-finalize for several months already. Searched on the forum a bit and IsNotMatchedToRa00Vin seems to be hit and miss as an indicator, some people straight up receive a VIN while IsNotMatchedToRa00Vin is still true. Probably a bit too early for a Q3 production run already for us?

Reactions: ianhutch1
Afternoon all,
Ive checked the source page and confirm both my 3 and Y state “false” however it may of been like that for ages.
I also have a second Y on order that is due NOV-FEB that has false also.

All 3 browsers have product finalise also.

My SA did say that for my 3 OD 21.01.22 and MY OD10.06.22 should be getting VINS assigned within 2-4 weeks.

Reactions: v.sundarraman
Afternoon all,
Ive checked the source page and confirm both my 3 and Y state “false” however it may of been like that for ages.

My SA did say that for my 3 OD 21.01.22 and MY OD10.06.22 should be getting VINS assigned within 2-4 weeks.

I pick-up my car Monday - mine says false too.. This is not the pre VIN stage you are hoping for... sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Afternoon all,

Now, this i like it very much. My OD is 10.06.22 for my Model Y. So hopefully, a VIN soon.

Not sure if I'm just deluding myself - did that not used to say 'we will shortly upload your invoice' or something? Now it's saying they're drafting it?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 83
More interesting changes in my account source code.

I usually search for 'vin":' There has always been 9 matches. Today there are 11.
I definitely have not seen
"estimatedDeliveryTimingWithVin":"We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon"}
before, but I don't know what the other addition is.

My "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin" also changed today to false

More interesting changes in my account source code.

I usually search for 'vin":' There has always been 9 matches. Today there are 11.
I definitely have not seen
"estimatedDeliveryTimingWithVin":"We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon"}
before, but I don't know what the other addition is.

My "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin" also changed today to false
I had a source code tab open from last night before the 'false' appearing. I did a text comparison to the updated one and aside from random changed tokens and form IDs which mean nothing, the only change i have is the 'false' flag for VIN and the addition of a new variable - "DownloadMobileAppStrings:null" has been added to the code for the "We are drafting up your contract" bit. Didn't previously appear. And an updated build tag (i.e. website version) Both en-au sites.

I had a source code tab open from last night before the 'false' appearing. I did a text comparison to the updated one and aside from random changed tokens and form IDs which mean nothing, the only change i have is the 'false' flag for VIN and the addition of a new variable - "DownloadMobileAppStrings:null" has been added to the code for the "We are drafting up your contract" bit. Didn't previously appear. And an updated build tag (i.e. website version) Both en-au sites.
Could these just represent changes on the backend for everyone, and not just those close to getting a VIN?

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
Thanks, it's probably a week ago that I last did the search, so extras could have appeared anywhere in that time

Could these just represent changes on the backend for everyone, and not just those close to getting a VIN?
We've gone through several iterations of build tag in our time here and it's never updated variable values. A change of a flag result to false is a definite change to the variable itself. I don't see any reason they would invert a flag as part of a build update.

As in: they might change the variable type or rename the variable or replace the variable with a new one. But to flip an existing variable value from true to false? That's not something you would do in updating source code generally. The variable value changed, not the variable. And it's unlikely to be changed manually. It'd come from some other source probably. Unless it's a checkbox on an internally used form. But that seems very manual for something like Tesla.