Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your small deposit provides you with more benefits than negatives at the moment - although intangible.

Contacting your federal MP to discuss Australia’s middling policy situation would have more use than contacting Tesla Australia to bang the table.
I agree with this.

Though all i want to do is advocate for Australia not being bumped to Q4 somehow. If we are all cowering and all "yes sir, may i please have another?" because we are terrified of 'making a scene'. Then what impediment is there to Tesla continuing to bump us? We're handing it to them on a plate. They're not going to give us a gold star for being good boys.

Also we don't have the car so any claim to a future benefit has not been realised at present. The issue lies with the transaction in question. Full circle to the Tesla setting the price thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtvanda
Potentially people's demeanour and negative feedback to SAs during the no cars this quarter phone calls instead of just taking it blindly resulted in the surprise reissuing of demonstrator cars to customers instead of turning over the current older ones and selling them off second hand like usual.

SAs are the customers only real conduit, and like I said at the time of the calls, you can bet a company as big as telsa would have had surveys out for the SAs to fill after phone calls to gather the data. Not often nearly every customer is called about an issue. You don't let that data pass.

That being said, my order is early December and never got called.

Potentially people's demeanour and negative feedback to SAs during the no cars this quarter phone calls instead of just taking it blindly resulted in the surprise reissuing of demonstrator cars to customers instead of turning over the current older ones and selling them off second hand like usual.

SAs are the customers only real conduit, and like I said at the time of the calls, you can bet a company as big as telsa would have had surveys out for the SAs to fill after phone calls to gather the data. Not often nearly every customer is called about an issue. You don't let that data pass.

I want to bypass them somehow to talk to someone in the know. They are just doing what they're told and i have no beef with them at all. My SA has been nothing but awesome, realistic and told me the truth the entire time. It's Tesla proper i have beef with.

Reactions: rtvanda

SA's don't complete customer surveys, work in a similar field, customers complete surveys, most can't be bothered....

You might be correct about all of this. But unfortunately it simply isn't a justification for delaying Australian orders or sending them to the UK or Europe ahead of ours. Simply because Tesla were the ones who made the decision to do business here and accepted orders.

And if that is the reason, then yes, a clear decision was made by the business to preference the UK and European market. Therefore that decision was made by them.
Hi everyone

I have been enjoying this waiting room since I first began lurking back in April, and though I have loved the positivity in here - especially Hoopyfrood's - I do agree this conversation has to be had. Without getting our knickers in a twist. I think everyone here has been able to achieve this so far and I'm going to continue to keep the tone reasonable :)

I agree, Hoopyfrood. I don't think profits alone or being Australian makes a case for Tesla to bump us. I've worked in marketing and comms for 15 years and my two cents is this: customer service is important. Good customer service builds customer loyalty and that is worth big $$$ in itself. That's why successful businesses practice it. But more importantly, if a business makes a commitment to a customer in the form of an estimated delivery time, they have an ethical obligation to meet that to the best of their abilities, regardless of profits being impacted. It's the right thing to do - nothing more, nothing less. I freaking love Tesla's. We all do. But I no longer love the brand the way I used to, because I feel they don't care about customers and I don't feel that the way they are operating in the Aus/NZ market is fair and equitable.

I never got a call about my car being delayed from its original 14-20 week window to its current Aug-Nov delivery date. That's not very considerate, Tesla. When I enquired about getting my deposit back, the SA refused. Now don't get me wrong - I understand all the reasons for keeping my order. But I just enquired. The SA told me I couldn't have it, because the date they gave me was only an 'estimate'. I explained that there has to be a limit of the accuracy of an estimate - what if I didn't get my car in Q4 either? The SA said I couldn't get the deposit refunded. Hmm. This, to me, smacks of Tesla bending the rules and seeing what they can get away with to make their quarterlies look good, regardless of the customer. It's just reinforcing what we've been seeing with how wait times have been handled in the last year.

I am posting after all this time because I think there actually is a way we can get Tesla's attention on this. Hoopyfrood is correct - the way we are being treated is wrong. If The Driven or some other voice reading this forum can get us some media attention concerning our plight, it might - just might - turn the Eye of Elon (or at least Tesla Australia) upon us for a few bright, glorious moments and make them remember they have customers here that have been very, very patient and we are beginning to get a bit frustrated with this whole circus. Case in point, I recommended a Polestar to a friend yesterday on the back of all this recent skulldickery. I wouldn't have done that back in April. So journos and bloggers out there - here's a nice story for you. In the meantime, I will optimistically expect my delivery before mid-Aug. Lol.

Having the order fee non refundable, even when Tesla doesn't hold up their end of actually delivering you a car when they estimated puts more onus on them to actually deliver in my eyes, and actually also in one of my mates eyes who is a lawyer (admittedly not in the consumer field)

Just letting people pull out and get their money back would be a welcome change.

I'm sure a bit of rumbling towards the mainstream media about it might get a bite. They are usually all to happy to run an anti Tesla story, and this one actually has some substance to it.

Last edited:
Long time lurker, first time poster.
All the alarm around Q3 deliveries I think is unwarranted.

VedaPrime posted this:
  • July 5th > July 17th = Model 3 Production is running
  • July 18th > August 6th = Model 3 Production stops for capacity upgrades.
  • August 6th onwards = Model 3 Production resumes (with increased capacity)
Armacup shipping is updated:
  • July 8th - Morning Clara departs Shanghai for Australia. No Stop Overs.

This will likely be a full load of Model 3's. As Model Y production stops from July 1st - July 17th.
    So unless Tesla does a production run of Model Y's before July 1st. This ship will almost entirely just be Model 3's.

• July 22nd - Viking Passama departs Shanghai for Australia. No Stop Overs.

This will likely have none, or very small amount of Model 3's. As the production line is closed from July 18th - August 6th.
    Tesla could do a production run for Australia before the July 18th shut down and have the car's waiting for the Viking Passama. But I'm not sure how likely that will be?

• July 26th - Morning Crystal departs Shanghai for Australia. No Stop Overs.

This will likely have no Model 3's. As the production line is closed from July 18th - August 6th

Just got off the phone with my SA, who reckons that (as far as he knows) the upcoming factory shutdown won't affect deliveries and that everything is still on track. So barring catastrophic incompetence/failures on Tesla's part (which I don't think any of us can rule out) we might be OK?

Reactions: Redrum
Just got off the phone with my SA, who reckons that (as far as he knows) the upcoming factory shutdown won't affect deliveries and that everything is still on track. So barring catastrophic incompetence/failures on Tesla's part (which I don't think any of us can rule out) we might be OK?
The SA's were saying that Q2 deliveries were on track 3 days before they had to call and say their are no Q2 deliveries.

SAs are mushrooms... Kept in the dark and fed BS.

I'm not worried about my car being delivered during the quoted time (6-9 months from March), what I'm concerned about is being kicked down the queue because I'm in South Australia.

My app doesn't show me any estimated date, and I've confirmed the same as others here in Adelaide. I'm worried that people on the east coast who ordered after me will get their car before me. I know that people who have ordered after me have estimations in their app, and I don't. I just want to know that my car is actually coming and others closer to the shipping ports aren't getting preferential treatment.

However I find it hard to believe there’ll be no Q3 deliveries when they have planned this temporary shutdown, and have given most of us Aug-Oct delivery timeframes.
True, not like whomever came up with the Aug-Oct timeframe didnt know about the shutdown\upgrades. Hopefully that means its already planned in.

The COVID shutdown obviously wasnt planned for so reactionary updates to schedules were kinda expected.

I'm not worried about my car being delivered during the quoted time (6-9 months from March), what I'm concerned about is being kicked down the queue because I'm in South Australia.

My app doesn't show me any estimated date, and I've confirmed the same as others here in Adelaide. I'm worried that people on the east coast who ordered after me will get their car before me. I know that people who have ordered after me have estimations in their app, and I don't. I just want to know that my car is actually coming and others closer to the shipping ports aren't getting preferential treatment.
Its because we dont have a proper Tesla Delivery Centre. All cars are delivered by truck to your residence.

It wont effect the queue of your vehicle.

Reactions: cafz and steveGnome
Its because we dont have a proper Tesla Delivery Centre. All cars are delivered by truck to your residence.

It wont effect the queue of your vehicle.
Ahh interesting! Thanks. I've been on this forum for so long and still learning.

I'm hopeful that I will be included in the Q3 deliveries however I'm expecting to be in the Q4 ones.
Means more time to save up a bigger deposit to reduce monthly payments, more time to get the best value for vehicles I'm selling and of course, more time to buy accessories.

Will definitely put an order in for a Polestar 2 if they say no Q3 deliveries.

However I find it hard to believe there’ll be no Q3 deliveries when they have planned this temporary shutdown, and have given most of us Aug-Oct delivery timeframes.
I'm not following the Polestar news but 'Estimated delivery date for order placed today January 2023' is about the same as ordering a M3 right now.

and Polestar 2 customers told to refile their orders as features change - seems like they aren't super great at communication/customer service either.

Reactions: DrewBytes