Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone in this forum had placed an order for a M3 back before model y was available, and then placed an order for a model y when it became available . Can you please cancel you M3 order if you dont need the car, as you ordered a model y so you can reduce the waiting time for us M3 orders.
Sorry mate we're getting both, probably get the Y before the 3.

They have 2 lines so its not either or.

But in terms of what they are producing for AU/NZ you might be correct.
My theory doesn't work like that. There are two lines but there's always prioritisation, same as two teams in the company when one team is idle they could help out the other. Also there's resource allocation, supply, logistics and all sorts of prioritisation that could happen.

And another Canberran. There are dozens of us, dozens! :D

Any Canberran suggestions for local places to sell my old vehicle. Lot of KM's, but runs fine. Tesla's quote was so low that I knocked them back. Hoping to avoid full private sale, that's never a fun time.
Sold my Subaru through Car Sales - using the "instant offer" - accepted the second one of these - higher than any offers from private buyers and way higher than the trade in price offered by Tesla.

Thanks!

But what happens in the case that after 3 years the government decides to scrap the FBT exemption?
Yep this issue is real and what @Jusebert was alluding to earlier.

The ALP's announcement during the election campaign was that they'd review after 3 years "based on uptake". Whether that would stop it entirely, limit new access to the scheme or adjust the FBT rate is anyone's guess.

The UK introduced a similar policy and apparently it drove EV uptake, mainly from large businesses buying large fleets, which then stimulated the second-hand market. I suspect this is where the idea came from.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
Sold my Subaru through Car Sales - using the "instant offer" - accepted the second one of these - higher than any offers from private buyers and way higher than the trade in price offered by Tesla.
Also in Canberra… giving my VW to one of my kids. If your kid isn’t old enough to drive yet .. well they will be by the time the Tesla arrives lol

I was in the same boat so I took a punt, cancelled a couple weeks ago, re-applied at 3.99% and that's valid for 3+3months.
In practical terms though it's a couple grand difference if you're talking a performance, less for a LR/RWD. You're still probably saving $$ by locking in the price prior to those consecutive increases. (Yes I know this is only really trying to make us feel better haha)
That's smart, the best way to tackle the increasing interest rates. I waited to long to put in my application thinking what if it expires, and now I have to apply for one with higher interest rates at 4.99% before it goes up even further.

Can you please let me know how was your application process with Macquarie and what is the early pay off fee they charge ?

And may I know your OD please ?

I do find it frustrating that people who have orders for less than a month are getting VINs before people who have had orders for over 6 months. I guess there’s two production lines, but it’s frustrating nonetheless as someone who is currently vehicleless.
It's no consolation however the Tesla experience between ordering and actually getting your car has always been crappy, wait until they tell 4+ times that you've only got 10 minutes to actually sign the papers and drive off in your car (not an issue as they don't enforce it, but they do want you out). Most owners on here have been messed about, unfortunately the spike in demand post coming out of lock down at the end of October and then the COVID situation in Shanghai has made things worse.

Nobody really knows when you'll actually get your car, however it's very likely that once you do get it that this whole schmozzle will be a distant memory as you delight in using your new car.

I sold my wife's car on Carsales in January - couldn't beat car dealers away with a stick and ended up selling remotely to a Sydney dealer for my asking price because they wouldn't leave me alone (first time for everything!). That's the good bit. So then I ordered her a Tesla on 30/1...and she's still driving my old ute around. To be fair, she has been very patient (and I've been riding my bicycle a lot!).

• Funny
Reactions: New Tech Bj
I sold my wife's car on Carsales in January - couldn't beat car dealers away with a stick and ended up selling remotely to a Sydney dealer for my asking price because they wouldn't leave me alone (first time for everything!). That's the good bit. So then I ordered her a Tesla on 30/1...and she's still driving my old ute around. To be fair, she has been very patient (and I've been riding my bicycle a lot!)

Sorry. Wrong place to ask but I can’t find the right place. Using these forums on my phone is a bit hit and miss. Just keeping in the Australian forums is hard!!

Anyone in PERTH can you please answer as I’ve yet to sit in an M3. The upper door panel inside, above the armrest, where you put your elbow, is it hard scratchy plastic, or is there a bit of swigginess there? A bit of padding? I must find one to sit in one day.

It's no consolation however the Tesla experience between ordering and actually getting your car has always been crappy, wait until they tell 4+ times that you've only got 10 minutes to actually sign the papers and drive off in your car (not an issue as they don't enforce it, but they do want you out). Most owners on here have been messed about, unfortunately the spike in demand post coming out of lock down at the end of October and then the COVID situation in Shanghai has made things worse.

Nobody really knows when you'll actually get your car, however it's very likely that once you do get it that this whole schmozzle will be a distant memory as you delight in using your new car.
Sounds peachy ...

I sold my wife's car on Carsales in January - couldn't beat car dealers away with a stick and ended up selling remotely to a Sydney dealer for my asking price because they wouldn't leave me alone (first time for everything!). That's the good bit. So then I ordered her a Tesla on 30/1...and she's still driving my old ute around. To be fair, she has been very patient (and I've been riding my bicycle a lot!).
Feels.